Morgan Tuck with 38 and 8 in romp | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck with 38 and 8 in romp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It's only 3 games but Morgan sure seems to have stepped up with Ariel Massengale's absence this year.....though still with 7 other future D1's on the team [yikes!]. 38 and 26 in two close wins in that opening tourney....40 here. Good to see.

BTW: Breanna opens tomorrow in the Carrier Dome against Liverpool.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz has Morgan as the Top Player for their HS Player of the year.

Hoopgurlz - link

Its still early and the Breanna vs Morgan match up in the NIKE TOC tournament could help determine if either player wins this award.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Go Morgan!!

Remember that high school games are 32 minutes.

So 38 points in 32 minutes is 1.1875 points per minute. Multiply by 40, and you get 47.5 points in a college game. Yikes, that is a lot of made shots.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
I am confused. Are there two Hoopgurlz? Tuck is rated over Stewart now in the link shown above but if you go to the ESPN Hoopgurlz site through the ESPN WCB site she is still at #15.

Reaction Score
I am confused. Are there two Hoopgurlz? Tuck is rated over Stewart now in the link shown above but if you go to the ESPN Hoopgurlz site through the ESPN WCB site she is still at #15.

The link you sae above was just the 2011-12 ESPNHS HoopGurlz Star Watch which tracks the players who have the biggest impacts on their teams' success, in a national context. The rankings are still the same, no matter how ridiculously low they have her ranked.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Star Watch s a rating of "the players who have the biggest impacts on their teams' success, in a national context." Tuck, as the best player on the national #1 high school team, is #1 so far. The HoopGurlz 100 is a ranking of how kids project as college prospects. For instance, Moriah Jefferson is not on the Star Watch list at all despite being the #2 prospect in the country because her team isn't nationally relevant like Bollingbrook. Though I do think Morgan has shown she's clearly well past her ACL injury from 2.5 years ago and is likely better than the #15 college prospect in the country at this point. I say likely because I don't spend the kind of time the rating services do watching film and going to the games of the girls that they're rating.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Hoopgurlz will have new rankings before the end of the HS season. Don't be surprised of Morgan cracks the top 5 before it's all said and done.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
On his show last night Geno said she reminds him of Carla Berube.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
On his show last night Geno said she reminds him of Carla Berube.
I missed that, but it's an interesting comparison. Was that when he was talking about her, Breanna and Moriah?

Sounds like he is projecting her as a 3.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Also notice that the link I referenced is for HS player of the year and not based on their graduating class. Diamond Deshields and others are included even though they are not HS Seniors.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I missed that, but it's an interesting comparison. Was that when he was talking about her, Breanna and Moriah?
Yes, it was at the tail end of that discussion.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure that Hoopgurlz will have new rankings before the end of the HS season. Don't be surprised of Morgan cracks the top 5 before it's all said and done.
it's hoopgurlz. i'd be surprised. on the other sites tho she's top 10. Blue star still has her at #9, ASGR 4, Peach State 4 and PBR 8

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan is averaging nearly 35 ppg. Her first two games--also wins--were against nationally ranked teams. Has anyone run across Bolingbrook box scores?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
it's hoopgurlz. i'd be surprised. on the other sites tho she's top 10. Blue star still has her at #9, ASGR 4, Peach State 4 and PBR 8
I know you think they have downgraded many UConn recruits, but they have Stewart and Jefferson as 1-2.

If Tuck ends up 1 or 2 in the HS POY, there is no way they don't upgrade her from 15 to inside the top 10. I'm guessing they know who she is and how good she is and will make her top 5. It would be a pleasant surprise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know you think they have downgraded many UConn recruits, but they have Stewart and Jefferson as 1-2.

If Tuck ends up 1 or 2 in the HS POY, there is no way they don't upgrade her from 15 to inside the top 10. I'm guessing they know who she is and how good she is and will make her top 5. It would be a pleasant surprise.
They should just make it simple and rank the UConn recruits 1, 2, and 3. That would be fairly accurate, actually.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Yeah, I see no reason for HG to have an anti-Morgan bias. My guess is she is now fully recovered from her ACL injury and back to the form that had her ranked so high as a frosh/soph, which earned her a UConn offer. If I'm right, she will be ranked accordingly soon.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
It seems that they rate kids in the preseason and leave those ratings throughout the year. I remember S. Walker being rated #1 in her class the whole year as a junior and then being #10 her entire senior year. It is typical ESPN. They get lazier every year. They don't even have wcbb rosters and team stats this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Has anyone run across Bolingbrook box scores?
Sometimes MaxPreps has box scores, but not often.

The Bolingbrook Patch has a Lady Raider page that has some good info, photos and videos. Morgan, #44 in black in the picture below, has a handle!

deaf5680bec087cde58a04e80a8d6bef

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks, Nan. Often the box score links come up empty.

I'm thinking Geno moves Kaleena into the starting lineup next year to replace Tiffany, who graduates. Our second unit:

Breanna
Morgan
Kiah
Brianna
Moriah

Fast and big and good. Yikes!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Thanks, Nan. Often the box score links come up empty.

I'm thinking Geno moves Kaleena into the starting lineup next year to replace Tiffany, who graduates. Our second unit:

Breanna
Morgan
Kiah
Brianna
Moriah

Fast and big and good. Yikes!
Kiah had a bad game last night. She needs to get back on the growth curve to get back ahead of Heather on the depth chart.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

i have no issue with rating Engeln at 95 or Johnson at 46 but when their ranking is so far off for other recruits (Faris at 34 when she was top 10 ASGR and BS, stokes at 42 when she was 13 for BS and top 10 for ASGR, Peach State and PBR just as 2 examples) then i just sort of roll my eyes at some of their rankings.

when you have one service saying one thing and everyone else saying something completely different, it makes the odd service out questionable for some of their ratings. i have never said, nor did i mean to imply, that they have it in for UCONN. and i fully appreciate the free information they provide. but getting ratings so far off makes criticizing them fair game IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom