Morgan Tuck vs. Natalie Ochonwa | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck vs. Natalie Ochonwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lost in all the undefeated talk and Notre Dame being without Natalie Ochonwa, everyone forgot that UConn was without Morgan Tuck. If a drafted was being held today, and both Morgan and Natalie were healthy, I would pick Morgan. Morgan is athletic, which Natalie is not, Morgan can shoot the three, which Natalie cannot, Morgan can handle the ball, which Natalie cannot, Morgan can play and guard multiple positions, which Natalie cannot and Morgan can rebound, block shots and pass as well as Natalie can.

Reaction Score
Lost in all the undefeated talk and Notre Dame being without Natalie Ochonwa, everyone forgot that UConn was without Morgan Tuck. If a drafted was being held today, and both Morgan and Natalie were healthy, I would pick Morgan. Morgan is athletic, which Natalie is not, Morgan can shoot the three, which Natalie cannot, Morgan can handle the ball, which Natalie cannot, Morgan can play and guard multiple positions, which Natalie cannot and Morgan can rebound, block shots and pass as well as Natalie can.
Morgan is a more athletic Dolson in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I would compare Tuck to McBride instead of Ochonwa. McBride is an excellent player and so is Morgan. I think they play a lot alike with a size difference.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I would pick Morgan also because she is so versatile , and can shoot from the outside. But I think you are wrong in some of your assertions- I think Achonwa is extremely athletic, can handle the ball, and I think Achonwa is a very similar defender to Morgan. If Achonwa was not as good as you say, ND wouldn't have kicked our butts for all those yrs. she was a key player. Not great, but really good.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I would compare Tuck to McBride instead of Ochonwa. McBride is an excellent player and so is Morgan. I think they play a lot alike with a size difference.
They both attack attack & when in doubt, they attack!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Bingo Hoops- she will fill the void at the high post because she can drain outside shots and pass well like Dolson. Unlike Dolson- she can blow by most bigs that would try to defender outside. She is a match up nightmare!!!!!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Have to disagree - Dolson was a true center - big and strong with incredible post moves and a good shot out to eighteen. She set huge screens and was a very good passer.
Morgan is much smaller and plays primarily as a three/four - she is more of a three point threat but her mid-range is probably not as good as Dolson's. She is faster and a better driver, and also has very good moves around the basket but while she can play as a post it is not her best position - she is strong but does not have the bulk or length of Dolsom.

Reaction Score
I NEVER forgot it and have been saying since last year that if both teams were at 100%, UCONN would have won by 30.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Have to disagree - Dolson was a true center - big and strong with incredible post moves and a good shot out to eighteen. She set huge screens and was a very good passer.
Morgan is much smaller and plays primarily as a three/four - she is more of a three point threat but her mid-range is probably not as good as Dolson's. She is faster and a better driver, and also has very good moves around the basket but while she can play as a post it is not her best position - she is strong but does not have the bulk or length of Dolsom.
Very true UC- Morgan gives us some of what Dolson gave us- great court awareness, calm and understands basketball and what Geno wants from our offense! Smart!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For obvious reasons I really like this thread. There was a bunch of discussion in another thread talking about what a disadvantage it was for ND to lose Achonwa in the elite 8, but that losing Tuck was not that big of a deal because we only had her for 8 games, and therefore had plenty of time to practice without her. While it's true Tuck was lost sooner, she is such a terrific player that she certainly was missed. Anyway I just love Tuck and I'm glad she's 100% healthy now for the team...

Reaction Score
Yes very good point..... when I think of this Achonwa situation, i think of the fan base, and what happens every time Tony Romo is injured to whatever degree with the Cowboys..... The talk varies from "we are doomed" (he will not play in the game) to "we are severely compromised" (he will play but is not 100%)...... and whover Cowboys' opponent (example Eagles and Sanchez replacing Foles at QB) says "next person up, here we go"

It is a tired argument "what could we have done if, if if if if...... and it has been said on BY many times..... what if WE had been full strength for 2001 NCAA tourney etc..... You gotta dance with the girl you brung!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom