Morgan Tuck - All-American | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck - All-American

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think 3 first team should, could and probably will happen, but four, never. I think Stewie and SuperK are locks and MoJet is probable.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I just did some very quick checking (here is the site if anyone wants to see if I did it right;
http://www.wbca.org/pages/AWARDS_caat_d1_past

Only twice have three members of the same team made the 10-player wbca first team (or its predecessors); on both occasions it was UConn players. Sue, SWin and DT in 02, and Steph, KML and Bria last year. Three times two UConn players have been selected; 00. 09 and 13. UT, Baylor, ND and Stanford have had 2 players selected 1, 2 and 3 times respectively. So there is a precedent for three to be selected, but it is a slim precedent. And the fact that we had 3 selected last season might mitigate against us this season; hare to say. I guess all we can do is hope that justice will prevail. NEVER have four been selected from the same team.

Reaction Score
01-02 was
- likely the greatest WCBB team ever
- undefeated
- had 4 seniors (SRs always get preference on AA teams) and a super soph

This year's team aint 01-02. That's no insult.

Also few showcase games. SC was home, ND was w/o Turner, Duke was Duke, Stan was a L.

I don't agree with where you are coming from other than one point you made regarding seniors. Still - Tuck is better and deserves it.

Just because 01-02 was Greatest and undefeated it's not very relevant imo. UCONN 14-15 isn't playing UCONN 01-02 but they are just as dominant this year vs. the 14-15 competition as 01-02 was. That one loss - I don't think ha any bearing on the voters mind whether Morgan Tuck will be an a/a or not.

And regarding you're point of SC. I don't agree with your donplay. UCONN won over 20 it was a blowout vs the number 2 team. There is no justifiable reason to get blown out hwne you're number 1 at the time and you don't have injuries. How many number 1 teams blow out number 2 teams and vice-versa? In order to do that - you ave to show A LOT regardless fi home or away.

As far as Turner not being at ND - completely totally, unequivocally, irrelevant imo. You play againt the competition. Notre is is MORE than just 1 player especially if they have their supreme player and so is UCONN. Tuck outplayed THREE ALL-Amercians that day - Stewie, KML and MoJeff. Playing ND without Turner - ND is still a very very tough team AT HOME. And all-american candidates like Tuck should be able to wipe out less talented players such as the ND bench. And hwo many times do we see palyers rise to the occasion when a top player is out? Well that sure as hell didn't happen with Tuck because she played like the all-American she is- she made it a complete mismatch. . Tuck is just too damn good once she got her legs after missing a year.

Third yes - Duke was Duke - a good team - and Duke does have a top-tier All-American -- and yet Tuck was the best player on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom