More National Disrespect: Amida Brimah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More National Disrespect: Amida Brimah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Blocking shots is not like stealing the basketball. Brimah is a defensive anchor that transforms the way we play on that end, he no doubt needs to stay on the floor more... but he's been getting better at that every year he has been here. Look mamadou ndiaye is on this list and he is even more foul prone than brimah.

Reaction Score
OK, if he goes 15-10-4 against Maryland national perceptions will change and all of the hype and pub will start going his way. Big results against a big opponent.

Reaction Score
Does being left off these watch lists preclude a player from winning the award? I imagine he'll play himself into the late season list?

Has a player left off the preseason list ever won one of these awards?

Off the top of my head, Jordan Taylor lost to Kemba in 2011 but was a real contender and was actually left off the 10 man finalist announcement list. They had to retcon it after he had another big game to put him on there as #11.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Well I love Brimah and he should be on this list, but it's hard to bemoan freshmen being on this list when we saw a frosh okafor eat amidas lunch last year. Talent is talent, sometimes it's frosh hype, sometimes its the real deal.

Reaction Score
Well I love Brimah and he should be on this list, but it's hard to bemoan freshmen being on this list when we saw a frosh okafor eat amidas lunch last year. Talent is talent, sometimes it's frosh hype, sometimes its the real deal.
That's true to an extent but Diamond Stone isn't in Okafor's class, Okafor is one of the best center prospects in a long time.

Reaction Score
JSM1970 said:
I've never seen stone play a minute of basketball, but I know I'd rather have him as my starting center over Brimah 1,000%

Saying something self-evidently moronic and calling attention to the fact that it's moronic ("I've never seen stone play") to get a rise out of people is the definition of trolling. I'm not sure why anyone isn't clicking "ignore" at this point.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Saying something self-evidently moronic and calling attention to the fact that it's moronic ("I've never seen stone play") to get a rise out of people is the definition of trolling. I'm not sure why anyone isn't clicking "ignore" at this point.
I've already done it
This person is a dolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member