More motivation Danny ... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

More motivation Danny ...

Reaction Score
I don't mind this so much. It's based in logic and really has nothing to do with us other than we the champs.....break the trend boys!

Reaction Score
This is the article I mentioned in the other thread. It's even better now with not one, but two votes for Sparty in the final four.
that upset loss doesn't mean MSU can't make a Final 4. I'm not a fan but how many years have we've seen highly ranked MSU teams underachieve all regular season, then they pull a FF run out of their behinds that have the media praising and fawning all over Izzo, then get their butts whooped in the Final 4? It's happened a bunch of times now.

Reaction Score
It’s not such an unreasonable take we haven’t made a sweet 16 the season after a championship. This is good we should want these articles written, honestly who cares what some dude from ESPN thinks of us.

Reaction Score
that upset loss doesn't mean MSU can't make a Final 4. I'm not a fan but how many years have we've seen highly ranked MSU teams underachieve all regular season, then they pull a FF run out of their behinds that have the media praising and fawning all over Izzo, then get their butts whooped in the Final 4? It's happened a bunch of times now.
That’s why they call it March Madness, 2005 UNC lost to Santa Clara their 1st game.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Kind of OT, but how many active coaches have won a natty? Who am i missing? Seems like a short list.

Danny
Self
Pitino
The Squid
Bennett
Drew
Izzo

Reaction Score
I think our brains are broken collectively because so many in media disliked Calhoun and held a grudge because he wasn’t obsequious or whatever. Matt Ehalt was a genuine UConn hater but even he seems to like Hurley. The other Post guy too. I guess the last true hater is that BC guy who covers local field hockey but he isn’t really relevant enough to count.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Krzyzewski, Calhoun, Williams and Donovan take you back to 2004, 20 years ago, and not a lot of young guys win the title.

Reaction Score
Kind of OT, but how many active coaches have won a natty? Who am i missing? Seems like a short list.

Danny
Self
Pitino
The Squid
Bennett
Drew
Izzo
That's the list. K, Roy, Wright, and even Tubby Smith all stepped away in the last few years

Reaction Score
Going back years, whenever I would see ESPN articles where they would have a few different analysts weigh in on topics, teams, or games, Metcalf would always have an anti-UConn slant. Does that make him a “hater”? I don’t know; but the fact that I remember his name and remember back to that tells you something
This was my point. Historically Medcalf has had an anti-UConn slant. I remember the name and him usually (not always) going against UConn. But maybe you're right.... maybe me calling him a hater was going too far of a take.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Rick Barnes' only Final Four run included a win over UConn. I know some people are young here, but c'mon.

The wedged basketball alternate possession game played in Texas

Ricky needed all the luck the tourney can offer

When we're home in the dance, it ain't a close game :)

Reaction Score
Sure because anything can happen but none of those teams were as loaded and ready to go at a repeat like it appears Uconn might. This is just another clown looking to take a shot at the program. I mean the guy has MSU in his F4 after they just lost their opening game to a mid minor and has 1 F4 since 2015. Yawwwn!
I mean, Kansas was a 1 seed last year and Baylor was the year before. It'd be great if we were a 1 seed this year.

Reaction Score
It would be great to repeat. But the journey is half the fun. For me I would be ok with a very good regular season which means either a BE regular season title or BE tourney championship and making it to the second weekend 0f the NCAA tourney. If we take care of business in the regular season by finishing 1st or 2nd and then making the BE championship game we are probably at worst a three seed probably two seed if we do one of the two and more than likely a 1 seed if we do both. If we do that then the rest will be fun. We should never expect another run like last year. It was mind blowing. I would still be stressing out and DH would be emptying the bench. It was a surreal tourney run and how many fans can say they ever experienced anything like it. We are a very lucky fan base even though our school gets no respect from the 5* recruits.
Winner of big East will be one seed unless they don’t make final of BET.

Reaction Score
I mean, Kansas was a 1 seed last year and Baylor was the year before. It'd be great if we were a 1 seed this year.
Im hoping so badly that no matter if its a 1 or 2 seed that we get bracketed with Duke. I want the satisfaction of knocking them off like you would not believe. Most ive wanted in years.

Reaction Score
I think our brains are broken collectively because so many in media disliked Calhoun and held a grudge because he wasn’t obsequious or whatever. Matt Ehalt was a genuine UConn hater but even he seems to like Hurley. The other Post guy too. I guess the last true hater is that BC guy who covers local field hockey but he isn’t really relevant enough to count.
Give Ehalt time, he spent last season killing Hurley all the way through the NCAA tournament. He's already started laying the seeds of Hurley criticism again

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing but I was curious what he's been writing lately and went to his twitter timeline and here is his last tweet. :)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
It's all win-win for ESPN... We're in here clicking and talking about their silly predictions which will be quickly forgotten if wrong and used to bolster an undeserved reputation if right. No risk/high reward sports hackery.

Reaction Score
Mystery teams, All-Americans and other national predictions for 2023-24

The first top 25 team to exit the NCAA tournament​

Medcalf: I'll pick UConn. Why? Recent champs have had rough outings the year after their title runs (or two years later, in Virginia's case, since we didn't have a 2020 national championship). Duke's 2015-16 squad was the last national champion to reach the second weekend in the next NCAA tournament. How wild is that? The Huskies could get caught in a similar title hangover.

FINAL FOUR PICKS (* NEXT TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPION)​

Borzello: Kansas*, Michigan State, Tennessee, Baylor
Gasaway: Kansas*, Purdue, Tennessee, Creighton
Lunardi: Kansas*, Purdue, Duke, Tennessee
Medcalf: *Houston, Kansas, Purdue, Michigan State
This is not anti-Uconn. Trends are appropriate markers for making predictions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom