More motivation Danny ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More motivation Danny ...

Reaction Score
I mean that’s the definition of hating. Saying we’ll flame out early with no reasoning is hate.

Can a fan base that considers itself a blue blood really have this pathetic a victim complex? If you think that throwaway blurb that he would have written about any program that had just won is “hating” that’s embarrassing.

Reaction Score
back to back ncaa championships are almost unheard of and require both a great team and a lot of luck. I really want a big east tournament championship this season.

Reaction Score
I mean that’s the definition of hating. Saying we’ll flame out early with no reasoning is hate.
He gave a reason, a historical trend. And it was pretty obvious he had mininal investment in his comment, but you guys do you. So many pathetic whiners on this board.

Reaction Score
Can a fan base that considers itself a blue blood really have this pathetic a victim complex? If you think that throwaway blurb that he would have written about any program that had just won is “hating” that’s embarrassing.
It would be hating if he said it about Duke. It’s lazy journalism. There’s no “victims” here lmfaoo.

Reaction Score
He gave a reason, a historical trend. And it was pretty obvious he had mininal investment in his comment, but you guys do you. So many pathetic whiners on this board.
I only see 2 whiners in this thread. And they’re the ones calling people whiners. Ironic.

What about the “historical trend” for the big 10?

The “historical trend” means very little when you factor in the change in the CBB landscape. National Champions of the past usually went into a rebuild/reload mode. That’s changed with the transfer portal and NIL. How about analyzing the actual rosters? Teams with shooting and veteran guards don’t normally “flame out” early.

And flame out early isn’t even what was said. He said we’d be the FIRST top 25 to be eliminated. I call bs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I only see 2 whiners in this thread. And they’re the ones calling people whiners. Ironic.

What about the “historical trend” for the big 10?
What's truly hilarious is the idiots like you on every other teams' message board also believe this exact same stuff. The media members are all hating on their programs, biased against their conference, not giving their players enough credit, etc. Your comments are exactly like theirs just with a different school name.

I'm incredibly impressed with the time management skills of these guys. Somehow they have room for lives and spouses and kids while also developing gameplans to hate on 100 unique college basketball programs simultaneously. Amazing.

Reaction Score
Actually... if we are to win it all then it will be our bench, like last year, that will be the difference between us and the rest. Therefore, it is actually Samson Johnson who will be the difference between us and the rest.

And after watching him the other night... I want to see how he does against the tougher opponents in our pre-conference schedule. But if he continues to look this much improved, then heck yeah, we got a legit shot.

The 2 headed-monster that was Sanogo and Clingan along with our firepower from 3 off the bench was our biggest advantage. If we have that again... THEN LOOK OUT!

Don‘t forget the intense defensive pressure we brought to each game in the tournament. That intensity can make up for other deficiencies. Almost every player on this team, including the freshmen, should be bringing defensive intensity every game.

Reaction Score
What's truly hilarious is the idiots like you on every other teams' message board also believe this exact same stuff. The media members are all hating on their programs, biased against their conference, not giving their players enough credit, etc. Your comments are exactly like theirs just with a different school name.

I'm incredibly impressed with the time management skills of these guys. Somehow they have room for lives and spouses and kids while also developing gameplans to hate on 100 unique college basketball programs simultaneously. Amazing.
Stop whining. Get off the internet.

Reaction Score
No he hasn’t. , he didn’t even give a reason based on the actual makeup of the team. He just said “well, they won it last year and sometimes there’s a hangover after you win.” He’s not even being critical.
Medcalf said we would be the first of the Top 25 teams to exit the tourney. Think about that for a second. Do you think Medcalf would have named any other blue blood program after winning a championship? If Duke, UNC, Kansas, or Kentucky won the chip last season does he name them as being the FIRST of the Top 25 teams that gets bounced out of the tourney? I don't think so....

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
It's nearly impossible to win those things but our coaching staff has been through this and knows preparation. They have all season to get ready to make a run. If we have a team that shares the ball like last year with big assist differentials I like our chances. All of the youngsters have to learn and make their mistakes which is OK.
Yes and the young players have to be ready to play with a larger rotation like last year. The steamroller last year was because of the deep bench which Hurley said was critical for success this year. Then they can come at opponents in waves and overwhelm them again. He's counting on it and it will hopefully become a hallmark of this program. Play at a hard pace like in practice and then be relieved by the next man up. Again and again. Relentless.

Reaction Score
No he hasn’t. , he didn’t even give a reason based on the actual makeup of the team. He just said “well, they won it last year and sometimes there’s a hangover after you win.” He’s not even being critical.
Going back years, whenever I would see ESPN articles where they would have a few different analysts weigh in on topics, teams, or games, Metcalf would always have an anti-UConn slant. Does that make him a “hater”? I don’t know; but the fact that I remember his name and remember back to that tells you something

Reaction Score
Going back years, whenever I would see ESPN articles where they would have a few different analysts weigh in on topics, teams, or games, Metcalf would always have an anti-UConn slant. Does that make him a “hater”? I don’t know; but the fact that I remember his name and remember back to that tells you something

Actually, no, that completely non-specific sense of yours that Metcalf "always" had an anti-UConn slant doesn't tell me anything. But I'll bow out of this thread. I don't get this impulse of those fans that genuinely believe that every member of the media is out to get UConn - except, of course, when they're writing favorable things - but this Metcalf thing is one of the silliest. Any member of the media that isn't constantly guzzling UConn's collective balls and calling it the greatest program in the history of organized sports is a hater.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
First of all he didn’t say the first round. All top 25 teams could advance in round 1 that has 32 winners before one of them loses. On top of that, we are a young team, lost 3 really goid players who had remaining eligibility and one mystery (to me anyway) good transfer. It isn’t the craziest prediction i’ve ever seen. Guven that they have to play the games, sportswriters playing around means squat.

Reaction Score
Oh cool, another ESPN sucks thread. I'm pretty sure everyone knows ESPN sucks by now.

Reaction Score
Actually, no, that completely non-specific sense of yours that Metcalf "always" had an anti-UConn slant doesn't tell me anything. But I'll bow out of this thread. I don't get this impulse of those fans that genuinely believe that every member of the media is out to get UConn - except, of course, when they're writing favorable things - but this Metcalf thing is one of the silliest. Any member of the media that isn't constantly guzzling UConn's collective balls and calling it the greatest program in the history of organized sports is a hater.
UConn being the first top 25 team to lose in the tournament because of history all while having Purdue in the final 4 is a completely rational take.

Reaction Score
Mystery teams, All-Americans and other national predictions for 2023-24

The first top 25 team to exit the NCAA tournament​

Medcalf: I'll pick UConn. Why? Recent champs have had rough outings the year after their title runs (or two years later, in Virginia's case, since we didn't have a 2020 national championship). Duke's 2015-16 squad was the last national champion to reach the second weekend in the next NCAA tournament. How wild is that? The Huskies could get caught in a similar title hangover.

FINAL FOUR PICKS (* NEXT TO THE NATIONAL CHAMPION)​

Borzello: Kansas*, Michigan State, Tennessee, Baylor
Gasaway: Kansas*, Purdue, Tennessee, Creighton
Lunardi: Kansas*, Purdue, Duke, Tennessee
Medcalf: *Houston, Kansas, Purdue, Michigan State
Click bait for the UConn haters.
Has Medcalf ever been to a UConn practice?
Did Borzello want to add JMU to his Final Four list?

Reaction Score
It would be great to repeat. But the journey is half the fun. For me I would be ok with a very good regular season which means either a BE regular season title or BE tourney championship and making it to the second weekend 0f the NCAA tourney. If we take care of business in the regular season by finishing 1st or 2nd and then making the BE championship game we are probably at worst a three seed probably two seed if we do one of the two and more than likely a 1 seed if we do both. If we do that then the rest will be fun. We should never expect another run like last year. It was mind blowing. I would still be stressing out and DH would be emptying the bench. It was a surreal tourney run and how many fans can say they ever experienced anything like it. We are a very lucky fan base even though our school gets no respect from the 5* recruits.
Ye of little faith be gone.
I expect a run like last year every year.............the fact I've only been wrong 20 of the past 25 years is proof of my predictive prowess!

Reaction Score
I thought about that angle before I posted. Don’t disagree that could have been a reason for some of the experts picking them. But they still play in the most over rated conference in America. At least when it comes to basketball.
Hold on now. Just because the league hasn't won a NC since 2000 does not mean they're not the best.

They beat each other up so badly during the season they're worn out come tournament time...................isn't that the mantra?

If any league should pick up UConn it's the B1G so we could help balance their geography, add a vast area of the country to their media deals, and add championships in basketball to their resume'.

It could happen if JM makes football respectable.

Reaction Score
Welcome to CBB in 2023.

Spoiler alert: There's this new-fangled thing known as "The Portal". It allows a team to "draft" a high-caliber player who has already shown they can excel at the CBB play level (vs. only recruiting HS players who may be a somewhat unknown quantity at the CBB level).

There's also this thing known as "NIL" where teams can pay these high-quality players to join their team.

They may not be the best thing for CBB, but they alleviate the problems you're fretting about in your post.

;)
We got enough NIL for 3 high caliber players?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom