More Mo (31 points in win)! [merged thread] | The Boneyard

More Mo (31 points in win)! [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Scored six points in the final thirty seconds of regulation including the three pointer to tie the game with a second left, then flew in to rebound an airball at the rim and put it back with less than 1/10th of a second left! Just an amazing performance for her in the SA's first road win.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Watched the game with my League Pass. So proud of MoJeff. She has broken through in a number of games, showing she has the Right Stuff. She and Stewie are on a tear...the Dynamic Duo.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Not wanting to ruin everyone's good mood and exaltation.
But...
You may note that the Star's management is not bringing her along slowly, allowing her a year or two to adjust to the exalted level of the W

Rather, they're giving her the keys to the firmament with the minutes to boot (led the team in that department tonight, scoring too...duh).

Kid seems to be picking things up and adjusting to superstardom pretty quickly....;)

Just saying....old beef...very old.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You mean the little player who was hobbled and scored 2 points in 15 minutes in the prior game exploded for a career-high 31. I find that hard to believe. ;)

I'm looking forward to the replay!

Reaction Score
As terrific as she was during the game she amazed all those former domer players after the game by showing them something they had never seen...NC rings!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mo was very aggressive in looking for her shot. I'm watching the replay now. She had 9 points in the first 5 minutes, mostly in transition. Some plays were highlight reel material.

I think the Stars will be better if Moriah takes 10+ shots per game. They are scoring challenged, and she can score.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
As terrific as she was during the game she amazed all those former domer players after the game by showing them something they had never seen...NC rings!

:( I'm sure if they asked nicely Coach Ivey would have showed them hers, lol.

Somehow Chicago's comeback OT win complete with clutch shots from EDD and a Sloot game-winner was only the second best finish of the night.

Kudos to MoJeff. With her and Stewart both going off for 30+ this week, it really shows what a huge advantage UCONN had last year. Pros can't defend these two. College kids had no chance.

Reaction Score
Watched the game with my League Pass. So proud of MoJeff. She has broken through in a number of games, showing she has the Right Stuff. She and Stewie are on a tear...the Dynamic Duo.

How much is the league pass? And How does it work if you don't mind explaining?

Anyone? Link?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Forgot how much I paid; not much
Problem is ....the assume you have ESPN 3 and NBA so they don't show all games...though available on replay.
WNBA League Pass

Reaction Score
I finished watching a rerun of the game. Wow..It would be a challenge to script a more dramatic and heroic performance and ending. And nobody is more deserving than Moriah. Chris Denari and Debbie Antonelli called the game very well. With Mo and Kayla, it seems San Antonio is set in the backcourt for the next decade....If they can land a dominant post player, they could be playoff contenders real soon.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
:( I'm sure if they asked nicely Coach Ivey would have showed them hers, lol.
Sorry for the classless comment. Some people can't get over the losses from the Skylar-led ND teams. Guess four consecutive championships aren't enough to soothe the bruised feelings.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Anyone? Link?
It is great - they have all games not shown on national TV (ESPN family) and the cost was 16 dollars at the start of the year (with a two dollar reduction if you used the code 20twenty I think) so a really good deal for a full season of games. The streaming quality has been really good with the occasional glitch, the announcers are generally the local 'b' level radio announcers so can be a little annoying, but last night's SA/IND game was a local TV broadcast so the announcers were pretty solid. And they archive the games so you can watch after the fact as well. Highly recommend it (I am a first year convert but will keep it up.) Link was already given above or you can look on the WNBA front page.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I would like to see the Stars actually start running some offensive sets for Moriah - she is the best perimeter shooter on the team. They are playing a two PG set for extended minutes and when they do that it would be nice to see them running Moriah off some screens. You can see that opposing teams are aware of Moriah as an offensive threat - her defender seldom cheats away from her now to provide help.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Anyone? Link?
I think it's $16.95 for the season. Last year, I picked it up in midseason for less. All you need is WiFi and a credit card to pay for it. As msf notes, some games are on NBA TV or ESPN2/ESPN3 live. In those cases, you can watch them on the appropriate cable channel or computer in the case of ESPN3. I believe all the games are archived on League Pass.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would like to see the Stars actually start running some offensive sets for Moriah - she is the best perimeter shooter on the team. They are playing a two PG set for extended minutes and when they do that it would be nice to see them running Moriah off some screens. You can see that opposing teams are aware of Moriah as an offensive threat - her defender seldom cheats away from her now to provide help.
I noticed that they were playing Mo and Colson together last night, which was a change. I saw only the first half, but much of the scoring was in transition, and the other shots came because she is so elusive. Her change of pace and change of direction create space for her.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Not wanting to ruin everyone's good mood and exaltation.
But...
You may note that the Star's management is not bringing her along slowly, allowing her a year or two to adjust to the exalted level of the W

Rather, they're giving her the keys to the firmament with the minutes to boot (led the team in that department tonight, scoring too...duh).

Kid seems to be picking things up and adjusting to superstardom pretty quickly....;)

Just saying....old beef...very old.

And tired, very tired at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member