More Mo (31 points in win)! [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More Mo (31 points in win)! [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kudos to MoJeff. With her and Stewart both going off for 30+ this week, it really shows what a huge advantage UCONN had last year. Pros can't defend these two. College kids had no chance.

I knew they were great, but to be honest, I didn't think they were this great. It is stunning.

(Nice comeback by the way Orangutan;))

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
How much is the league pass? And How does it work if you don't mind explaining?

Anyone? Link?

When I signed up, there was also a promo code that gave me a $2.00 discount (for a $14.95 total), but I can't remember the code, which may no longer be usable. Anyone remember the promo code?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mo is awesome. I still don't understand why the Sun didn't pull out all the stops to get her. Instead they have the useless Rachel Banham.

Reaction Score
Mo is awesome. I still don't understand why the Sun didn't pull out all the stops to get her. Instead they have the useless Rachel Banham.
I don't know how many stops they would had to have pulled out to get Moriah. Or if it was possible. They really muffed by choosing Banham over Aerial Powers.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't know how many stops they would had to have pulled out to get Moriah. Or if it was possible. They really muffed by choosing Banham over Aerial Powers.
Seems like SA was pretty fixated on getting Moriah, which seemed really strange to me with both Robinson and Colson already on the roster the strongest position on the roster was PG, and with Kayla also there, forwards and centers would seem to have been their really desperate need. With the Sun proving willing to trade away Williams and Bone this year and being stocked with forwards at this point ...
But I suspect they will be able to get something pretty exciting for Robinson if she recovers well from her injury if they decide they are happy with colson and moriah going forward.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the classless comment. Some people can't get over the losses from the Skylar-led ND teams. Guess four consecutive championships aren't enough to soothe the bruised feelings.
Nothing classless about the comments!

Reaction Score
Does anyone think Mo can make the Olympic team in 2020? This is Bird's last one, so who takes over the spot of trusted floor general when she leaves?

Reaction Score
Does anyone think Mo can make the Olympic team in 2020? This is Bird's last one, so who takes over the spot of trusted floor general when she leaves?
Might depend on who is the coach in 2020. Certainly there is no clear starting PG candidate separating herself right now. Mo seems to be adapting to the next level very quickly. If she keeps on this learning curve, keeps tearing it up in the WNBA like she did the other night, it might be hard to argue with her as the successor on the 2018 NT. How many other young 2-time Lieberman winners are there out there?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It will certainly be an interesting competition. If Moriah continues to play well she will get added to the pool I would think and who knows what happens then. Going to be a serious 'changing of the guards' literally in the next four years.
Uconn has had two highly touted guards graduate since Sue/DT in Renee and Bria, but neither has been able to sustain the momentum they generated in college into their pro careers. Moriah looks to be doing that this year but it is very early to make any judgements.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Might depend on who is the coach in 2020. Certainly there is no clear starting PG candidate separating herself right now. Mo seems to be adapting to the next level very quickly. If she keeps on this learning curve, keeps tearing it up in the WNBA like she did the other night, it might be hard to argue with her as the successor on the 2018 NT. How many other young 2-time Lieberman winners are there out there?
Diana, Skylar, and Moriah were the only 2-time winners. Sue was the only 3-time winner.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue is playing very well and is rejuvenated this season, but I don't see her in the 2020 Olympics. She may be playing well enough for the FIBA World Cup in 2018, but it may be time to bring in new blood.

I'm sure I'll forget someone, but the candidates include Skylar, Odyssey, Sloot, Danielle Robinson, Briann January, and Moriah. I don't think Lindsey Harding's game is strong enough. Danielle has to recover from injury. Skylar and Odyssey are score-first PGs. Sloot has been close. I was impressed with Briann the past 2 seasons. She defends and is mentally tough. In terms of running a high-level (albeit college) team, Moriah has the right experience. She learned from Geno (and Shea). She also has phenomenal skills. I think Moriah could be on the 2020 team and may even be a star. I'd like to see a few other players, including Kristi Tolliver, get consideration. Replacing Sue--the person with the most USA Basketball medals ever--will not be easy.

Reaction Score
I think it's $16.95 for the season. Last year, I picked it up in midseason for less. All you need is WiFi and a credit card to pay for it. As msf notes, some games are on NBA TV or ESPN2/ESPN3 live. In those cases, you can watch them on the appropriate cable channel or computer in the case of ESPN3. I believe all the games are archived on League Pass.

Thank you MilfordHusky

Reaction Score
It is great - they have all games not shown on national TV (ESPN family) and the cost was 16 dollars at the start of the year (with a two dollar reduction if you used the code 20twenty I think) so a really good deal for a full season of games. The streaming quality has been really good with the occasional glitch, the announcers are generally the local 'b' level radio announcers so can be a little annoying, but last night's SA/IND game was a local TV broadcast so the announcers were pretty solid. And they archive the games so you can watch after the fact as well. Highly recommend it (I am a first year convert but will keep it up.) Link was already given above or you can look on the WNBA front page.

Wow thanks, I need hop on this.

Reaction Score
When I signed up, there was also a promo code that gave me a $2.00 discount (for a $14.95 total), but I can't remember the code, which may no longer be usable. Anyone remember the promo code?

Thanks for the info.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Because I'm right.
215312_1.jpg

Reaction Score
Seems like SA was pretty fixated on getting Moriah, which seemed really strange to me with both Robinson and Colson already on the roster the strongest position on the roster was PG, and with Kayla also there, forwards and centers would seem to have been their really desperate need. With the Sun proving willing to trade away Williams and Bone this year and being stocked with forwards at this point ...
But I suspect they will be able to get something pretty exciting for Robinson if she recovers well from her injury if they decide they are happy with colson and moriah going forward.
I think that SA was fixated on getting Moriah because she has the potential to become an all-world talent (who also happens to be from Texas). The Portland Trailblazers have the distinction of being the team that passed on Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Kevin Durant in the NBA draft. It seems foolish in hindsight, but they were more concerned about the current at-position needs of the team in each case. How many championships might they have won if they had simply picked the best player?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I think it will be a no-brainer. She's relentless with skills. That buzzer beater came about because the defender didn't play to horn. Can't see that ever being a problem with Jefferson.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think that SA was fixated on getting Moriah because she has the potential to become an all-world talent (who also happens to be from Texas). The Portland Trailblazers have the distinction of being the team that passed on Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Kevin Durant in the NBA draft. It seems foolish in hindsight, but they were more concerned about the current at-position needs of the team in each case. How many championships might they have won if they had simply picked the best player?
Yes, but ... they already have a very highly regarded by USA basketball PG in Robinson who I really believe led the pack of alternate guards for the Olympic team prior to her injury and while I believe off half a season that Moriah may well be in the Bird class of PGs, that is not that big a step up from Robinson/Sloot who I think are the leaders for USA at the moment.

I do think Moriah will get added to the pool, and was a little surprised that she was not added to the pool this past year - in previous years they have added a few college players - Bria, Odyssey, Nneka, Skylar, and Renee (I think), etc have all been added while still in college for camps. This year Breanna was the only college age player.

Watching San Antonio play it is amazing to me that she has as many assists as she does - they are really dreadful shooters! And now with what looked like a pretty serious ankle taking McBride out of action last night, I don't see it improving any time soon!

Reaction Score
Not wanting to ruin everyone's good mood and exaltation.
But...
You may note that the Star's management is not bringing her along slowly, allowing her a year or two to adjust to the exalted level of the W

Rather, they're giving her the keys to the firmament with the minutes to boot (led the team in that department tonight, scoring too...duh).

Kid seems to be picking things up and adjusting to superstardom pretty quickly....;)

Just saying....old beef...very old.
Is this a premonition for Crystal Dangerfield?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue is playing very well and is rejuvenated this season, but I don't see her in the 2020 Olympics. She may be playing well enough for the FIBA World Cup in 2018, but it may be time to bring in new blood.

I'm sure I'll forget someone, but the candidates include Skylar, Odyssey, Sloot, Danielle Robinson, Briann January, and Moriah. I don't think Lindsey Harding's game is strong enough. Danielle has to recover from injury. Skylar and Odyssey are score-first PGs. Sloot has been close. I was impressed with Briann the past 2 seasons. She defends and is mentally tough. In terms of running a high-level (albeit college) team, Moriah has the right experience. She learned from Geno (and Shea). She also has phenomenal skills. I think Moriah could be on the 2020 team and may even be a star. I'd like to see a few other players, including Kristi Tolliver, get consideration. Replacing Sue--the person with the most USA Basketball medals ever--will not be easy.
Even though she is not currently a starter, I'd add Renee to the mix for the future. She's a pesky defender, has the 3-pointer, pull-up, and layup in her repertoire, and is a very tough cookie. She is resurrecting her career. I think playing with Maya has been a boost for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom