More MHver says | The Boneyard

More MHver says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn and Cincy still considering MWC but want USF to go too, but the C-7 doesnt want usf.
http://twitter.com/
Even if he makes this stuff up it does make sense

I guess it wont let me edit title of thread...should be that villain MHver

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Apparently MH ver 3 shall no longer be named. Which is fine. I really can't imagine us in the MWC but I guess you never can say never!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Uconn and Cincy still considering MWC but want USF to go too, but the C-7 doesnt want usf.
http://twitter.com/
Even if he makes this stuff up it does make sense
No it doesn't. There is no way either Cinci, or UConn give a crap about USF. Social norms have broken down and it's a mad scramble for the life boats. Frankly if it gets us to decent conference, I'm willing to eat USF.

Reaction Score
No it doesn't. There is no way either Cinci, or UConn give a crap about USF. Social norms have broken down and it's a mad scramble for the life boats. Frankly if it gets us to decent conference, I'm willing to eat USF.

I don't believe any of this at all, but don't think UConn doesn't need allies here. It does. If UConn is even talking to the C7, it has to make sure it's not left out in the cold.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The WV insider is just spinning tales he stole from Blaudschun. I don't read his twitter, but I doubt he was mentioning UConn to the C7 until after it came out somewhere else. He likes to embellish known rumors and make them his own.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

USF is part of the problem. Basketball never stepped up and football has been ordinary. They are not an asset to UConn as a conference mate.

Reaction Score
Unless, UConn would be in an Eastern pod with Cinci, USF, and Navy as football onlys. UConn still wants to play games in Florida for recruiting as well.

Reaction Score
USF is part of the problem. Basketball never stepped up and football has been ordinary. They are not an asset to UConn as a conference mate.

USF was in the sweet sixteen last year, no? Funny how people forget recent successes. Their last 2 seasons actually have been pretty good with Stan Heath at the helm.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I doubt any of this is true...but...if it is...the logic would be that if UConn has to play in a crappy conference....they at least want to have a team in Florida to help with recruiting. It is easier to get kids form Florida if they know they can play near home a couple times in their career.

Reaction Score
If UConn was playing football in MWC, of course they'd want USF in the conference. Would you rather make an extra trip a year to the rocky mountain time zone, or play in Tampa?

Would UConn fall on its sword for USF? Sure. Just like RU and LV did for us. But would it prefer USF to be joining in in football? Heck yes. (I doubt we care whether USF joined the C-7 for hoops, except to the extent USF needs to do so to join MWC as a football only.)

That having been said, I would hope, and would assume, that UConn is exploring all options, but I still have a hard time believing that this is actually an option.

Reaction Score
USF was in the sweet sixteen last year, no?

No, they were not in the Sweet Sixteen last year. Lost in Round of 32 after winning Play-In game and Round of 64 game -- their first wins in NCAA tournament history.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Every so often, mh ver, in his thoroughness of covering every possible contingency scenario, completely jumps the shark. This is one of those times.

Reaction Score
Every so often, mh ver, in his thoroughness of covering every possible contingency scenario, completely jumps the shark. This is one of those times.

One only "jumps the shark" once, and the term generally conveys that said one was "great" at one time.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jump the shark
The precise moment when you know a program, band, actor, politician, or other public figure has taken a turn for the worse, gone downhill, become irreversibly bad, is unredeemable, etc.; the moment you realize decay has set in.

Reaction Score

Oh c'mon.

If you took a few newbie Programs & did what USF did ... we'd have a great league.

Honestly, they started football in like 1998. If you grab UTSA & Charlotte & Old Dominion ... and get them to a USF level - with attendance of over 40,000 - and played in some bowls & won a bit. You could have a solid 10 team league of newbies. You don't need to wallow with the Wake Forests (the 5th football school in North Carolina), you could pick your demographic market & do it all for television.

Reaction Score
Oh c'mon.

If you took a few newbie Programs & did what USF did ... we'd have a great league.

Honestly, they started football in like 1998. If you grab UTSA & Charlotte & Old Dominion ... and get them to a USF level - with attendance of over 40,000 - and played in some bowls & won a bit. You could have a solid 10 team league of newbies. You don't need to wallow with the Wake Forests (the 5th football school in North Carolina), you could pick your demographic market & do it all for television.
you do realize that Uconn is a flagship university with budget of close to $70M? Do you really think that we can continue on this path competing with conference mates that have a budget of $15-30M?

If Uconn is shooting for UTSA and Old Dominion, the program is already dead and we've lived to see the coming and going of the golden age for Uconn Athletics.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't believe any of this at all, but don't think UConn doesn't need allies here. It does. If UConn is even talking to the C7, it has to make sure it's not left out in the cold.
Allies, sure but if someone offers us a vaguely acceptable home, I think it is unlikely that we, noblely, say no, not unless you take the rest of the BEF survivors.
I doubt any of this is true...but...if it is...the logic would be that if UConn has to play in a crappy conference....they at least want to have a team in Florida to help with recruiting. It is easier to get kids form Florida if they know they can play near home a couple times in their career.
This on the other hand makes some sense to me. I can see us lobbying for another program, if it benefits the school.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah cant name him or link him. I dont get it, it is a CR board. If you dont want to read it dont click it....I always like choices

For some reason, Tom thinks MH is spamming the board. He doesn't realize that we're mentioning him and the filter is duck*ing with the conversation.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
You guys do realize that NelsonM and m-h-v-e-r-3 are one in the same, right?

Reaction Score
This is the classic. In 1980, do you bet on IBM or Microsoft? Or Apple? Or what's next?

We are $70m today ... Yet we weren't near the top 60 in 1990. The point is that things are going to change. USF has proven they can fight the battle & rise to a regular 40,000+ with growth in the future. In a top 15 market.

Everyone wants to yearn for the Big Conference invite. Guess what? We ain't got one. Instead of bitching about USF, let's play the role of up&coming Rocky University in Football. (rid of Pasqualoni). Let's win ... Like Herbst says. From my perspective, ACC taking BC & SU are sure signs they have no frigging clue of where the world is going to be. There exists a tide of solid programs pushing. Go ahead and Bitch about USF. But they've done just fine & we will too.

Reaction Score
Allies, sure but if someone offers us a vaguely acceptable home, I think it is unlikely that we, noblely, say no, not unless you take the rest of the BEF survivors.

This on the other hand makes some sense to me. I can see us lobbying for another program, if it benefits the school.

But the conference in question doesn't have football.

If you're icing out your football allies by not heeding them, what have you accomplished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom