More Jeff Adrien news/non-news, you be the judge | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More Jeff Adrien news/non-news, you be the judge

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm just guessing there was something there in every stop, to make them not keep the kid. He could a way to give really good minutes for a part timer so at some point you would think he would stick. But if some of what we are seeing now was rearing it's ugly head and scared them all away maybe we now know why.

Not to psychoanalyze too, as none of us have the remotest clue, but whatever is going on w Jeff could be partially brought on by the frustration and stress/pain of not being given a real shot, given that he's produced on the court.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Not to psychoanalyze too, as none of us have the remotest clue, but whatever is going on w Jeff could be partially brought on by the frustration and stress/pain of not being given a real shot, given that he's produced on the court.

It does have to be a tough life, going from NBA player to unemployed guy with uncertain prospects, moving at a moment's notice and dealing with having little control over who teams decide to keep. Got to give it to KO for keeping at it so long. I wonder how AJ is doing? Last heard he was playing in China...anyone know what he's doing now?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Adrien was posting really good numbers (extremely good for a 4 of his size) when he was starting for Milwaukee. I was expecting him to be there for a longer time than he was.

Reaction Score
Not to psychoanalyze here either but I can not rule out drugs/alcohol or psychiatric issues unrelated to NBA experience. There are perhaps hundreds of kids with similar NBA situations who produced even better results than him but didn't get a real shot. Although we don't know their status I have to assume many of them have moved on and become contributing citizens in some form fashion, even if as fathers and husbands.

I personally can't remotely justify this behavior if its true. I certainly can understand it though, as I know what self destructive behavior and wrong paths is. Correctable but it takes hitting bottom and/or admission that something ain't right.

He will always be a Husky, just an Husky with issues.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I really hope he doesn't get any prison/jail time. The psychiatric services there are minimal at best. If he is convicted of anything, I hope the focus will be more on treatment than punishment.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not to psychoanalyze here either but I can not rule out drugs/alcohol or psychiatric issues unrelated to NBA experience. There are perhaps hundreds of kids with similar NBA situations who produced even better results than him but didn't get a real shot. Although we don't know their status I have to assume many of them have moved on and become contributing citizens in some form fashion, even if as fathers and husbands.

I personally can't remotely justify this behavior if its true. I certainly can understand it though, as I know what self destructive behavior and wrong paths is. Correctable but it takes hitting bottom and/or admission that something ain't right.

He will always be a Husky, just an Husky with issues.

I was thinking of the stress/frustration as a trigger for an underlying issue or problem. Not the main cause. But we are too far down the rabbit hole here.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
This is all so sad. I was a big fan of Jeff's when he played for UCONN. He was one of the "blue collar" guys who worked hard & could always be counted on to clean the glass or hustle for the loose balls. It sounds like a few screws have come loose, eventhough I agree with the premise that LeBron is a Bit**! I honestly hope he gets the help he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom