More injuries in WBB (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

More injuries in WBB (merged)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I think everyone but Tara agrees with you.
Not sure where everyone gets the idea that Tara likes ducking tough games. As coaches go, I've rarely seen someone so consistently sanguine after losses. No screaming, no blaming the refs, etc. And we consistently have had a top 20 non-conference SOS since peak COVID, per Warren Nolan: 10th this year, 19th last year, and 2nd in 2021-22.

Reaction Score
I think everyone but Tara agrees with you.

I wish Stanford had played South Carolina or UConn this year, but Tara's job is to prepare her team to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament. PAC-12 currently has 3 teams in NET top 10, 7 in the NET top 25. Stanford's non-conference loss is ranked 10th in NET.

With how strong the PAC-12 is this year, Stanford doesn't have to play a top 5 SOS OOC schedule. Massey currently has Stanford with the #7 SOS and projected #13 SOS.

Reaction Score
All the injuries are not the fault of all the training staffs. Despite what the surgeons, kinesiologists, and personal trainers post on social media and fan forums. :mad:

Reaction Score
I wish Stanford had played South Carolina or UConn this year, but Tara's job is to prepare her team to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament. PAC-12 currently has 3 teams in NET top 10, 7 in the NET top 25. Stanford's non-conference loss is ranked 10th in NET.

With how strong the PAC-12 is this year, Stanford doesn't have to play a top 5 SOS OOC schedule. Massey currently has Stanford with the #7 SOS and projected #13 SOS.

Have no issue with Stanford scheduling generally, but I didn't quite follow how starting ACC play next year required cancelling the game in Columbia this year.

I'm not sure SCar has seen a heavyweight this year, which is in my bag of worries.

Reaction Score
Not sure where everyone gets the idea that Tara likes ducking tough games.
Can’t answer that, but I get the idea she didn’t want to play South Carolina this year bc she cancelled the agreement to play South Carolina this year.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Mimi Collins left the game against Pittsburgh in the opening minutes of Q3. Had to have assistance walking off the floor. She had been 6 of 6 from the floor before the injury. After being 0-9 in the previous game against Virginia Tech.

Sigh.

Reaction Score
Attended a fan radio show with UVA’s Coach Mox yesterday. I asked her if she thought Mir would play this year. She said she didn’t know. Said she’s practicing, but not cleared medically to play yet.

Reaction Score
Attended a fan radio show with UVA’s Coach Mox yesterday. I asked her if she thought Mir would play this year. She said she didn’t know. Said she’s practicing, but not cleared medically to play yet.

I’d be surprised if she played this year. How many games are left? Why not come back for a full year next year?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I assume this must be a forfeit due to player injury or illness but the statement "non-COVID health and safety protocols" is pretty cryptic:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I’d be surprised if she played this year. How many games are left? Why not come back for a full year next year?
Thought I read that it wasn't just an ACL, and found this on instagram - " Recently I went up for a rebound and came down and dislocated my knee. I tore multiple ligaments including my ACL as well as having cartilage damage."

With the significant amount of damage, and possible multiple surgeries for reconstruction and repair, it wouldn't surprise me if Mir waits until next season to return. I'd love to see her back in action as her energy was amazing.

Reaction Score
Have no issue with Stanford scheduling generally, but I didn't quite follow how starting ACC play next year required cancelling the game in Columbia this year.

I'm not sure SCar has seen a heavyweight this year, which is in my bag of worries.
I disagree. Utah was probably the quickest team That SC would have seen and everyone else you could mention has the same dimensions of what South Carolina has played. Players who are All American types but do not have the bench or depth to stay with them. LSU on the road is as star studded as they come. UCLA was a team that seemed to be a heavyweight, but as time has passed I have seen them lose to teams with no height and their struggle even in a win against Fla. State seemed to put them back in the pack of a good team. Stanford would be a nice matchup, but they have no depth, and are extremely vulnerable when anyone in the starting five get into foul trouble, which is almost inevitable when playing SC this year. I think LSU on the road was tough in terms of opposing talent. Utah was tough in terms of a team where all five shoot the three, and all returners in experience level, and Uconn wsa tough in terms of a team with excellent coaching that has two All American type players with vast experience. I am not sure if there is a "heavyweight" that SC has not played that could bring anymore than what they have seen with thier schedule. Maybe Ohio St., but the height issue could make that game similar to some of their early season games against teams like UNC, who has more height or Duke on the road.

Reaction Score
Thought I read that it wasn't just an ACL, and found this on instagram - " Recently I went up for a rebound and came down and dislocated my knee. I tore multiple ligaments including my ACL as well as having cartilage damage."

With the significant amount of damage, and possible multiple surgeries for reconstruction and repair, it wouldn't surprise me if Mir waits until next season to return. I'd love to see her back in action as her energy was amazing.
When Coach Mox spoke she indicated that if Mir were cleared she’d play her. But then she hesitated and said something that indicated that that might not make sense given the number of games left. One question would be whether Mir intends to return to bb next year. I don’t know the answer to that. But she’s reportedly a good student and is interested in some type of foreign affairs career.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Sadly, this brought back memories of Shea Ralph and Jacki Gemelos. :(

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Davidson had to forfeit a few games, now I know why :eek: Darn shame... cause if they would have stayed healthy they would contend in the A-10.

Deegan was their leading scorer
Dunn was their 3rd leading scorer
Morgan was their 5th leading scorer
Jackson was a reserve..
Sutphin is their 2nd leading scorer... has missed 12 games earlier in the season, and didn't play in tonight's loss to GW.
And 2 players who started games last year were lost to injury prior to this season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow that does explain a lot. Too bad. I was wondering how their season went so far south after such a promising start.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Injuries kill.

Davidson's OOC results were enough to earn them at-large bid. Road win at Duke and close loss at UNC. It's a real shame the injuries killed their season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom