More Fan Friendly Gampel News From John A. | The Boneyard

More Fan Friendly Gampel News From John A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well i can see attendance dropping to an all time low this year as fans find out and decide to skip the Gampel games. don't blame them one bit either. that's a ridiculous price for parking. shame on UCONN.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Unless you're enfeebled or disabled, there's no good reason to park in the South Garage. But yes, that's pretty ridiculous for on-campus parking and counter to the notion of lowering ticket prices.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Unless you're enfeebled or disabled, there's no good reason to park in the South Garage. But yes, that's pretty ridiculous for on-campus parking and counter to the notion of lowering ticket prices.
i'm not that familiar with the campus any more or what garage that is. i assumed it was the main parking garage. i can tell you that at Cox Arena, here at SDSU, i've been to games and the parking was free. granted our attendance here is much much less than at UCONN, but i'm a bit appalled that the university is condoning that kind of increase. having said that, i have no idea if there are other options. let's hope they have a huge push for student attendance as i think once fans NOT on the BY become aware of that, it will certainly impact their desire to go to Gampel...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
For many of the seniors it is a consideration.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
what other parking options are there on campus
I usually park in Farmer Brown's lot, which is quite close to the North parking garage. It's much easier to get out of after games, too.

There are other options.....

The North and South garages and surface lots 8, 9 and Y will be available for event patrons, as well as yearly permit holders. Faculty, staff and students with valid permits for these areas will not be charged an event fee to park. All others will be charged an event fee to park in these areas beginning three hours prior to game time. The event fees for this year are $12 for South Garage, Lot 8 and Y Lot and $9 for North Garage and Lot 9. If you are not attending the game and do not have a permit for these areas, please seek parking in other student or employee lots according to regular parking restrictions.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
i'm not that familiar with the campus any more or what garage that is. i assumed it was the main parking garage. i can tell you that at Cox Arena, here at SDSU, i've been to games and the parking was free. granted our attendance here is much much less than at UCONN, but i'm a bit appalled that the university is condoning that kind of increase. having said that, i have no idea if there are other options. let's hope they have a huge push for student attendance as i think once fans NOT on the BY become aware of that, it will certainly impact their desire to go to Gampel...
See Nan's post. The South Garage basically abuts Gampel, so for those who are enfeebled or disabled (and I meant that sincerely, not as a joke- I realize there are fans who fit this description), it's the best place to park. Otherwise, there are a lot of options that are pretty darn close by and make it easier to get on and off of campus. The car procession heading to the South Garage has historically been so intolerable that it never occurred to me to park there even when the cost was the same.

Having said that, I don't see this as a welcome change.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
what other parking options are there on campus

If you don't mind the climb, the lot on the hill behind the stands of Memorial Stadium (I forgot its designation) is available free after 4:00 PM. I've used it a number of times.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I wonder if the athletic department has anything to say about the price of parking? It seems contrary to the recent move by UConn to lower the cost of game tickets. But then again, maybe they are trying to recoup any revenues lost from lowered ticket prices.

As for attendance I have seen little so far that will reverse the post Taurasi trend. As long as ticket revenues (and overall attendance) are increasing, or at least stable, UConn has little reason to lower prices. All they have to do is increase the number of home games to compensate.

sTu

Reaction Score
I do not bother with Farmer Brown as the lot below it is free also and provides a relatively easy rear exit of the Campus if you get to it quickly after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom