More Concussion Protocols... | The Boneyard

More Concussion Protocols...

Reaction Score
Thanks, ThisJustin. Aaliyah will certainly be welcomed back, and a good game from her should be enough to help the Huskies to victory.

As for Caroline (and more recently Ayanna), I'm glad care is being taken.

Reaction Score
Ayanna must have gotten a blow to the head when her goggles were knocked off.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Azzi will be on the bench but won't play unless 3 players foul out or get hurt. Even then we can go with 4 if we are up 10 with under a minute to play. Concerned about CD, knowing nothing really about concussions, but it seems like it is usually 7 to 10 days, for her it seems to be much longer. She needs to really rest up and get 100% better. Maybe her concussion was more serious than realized at first. I assume there are degrees of concussions, some more serious, and some people perhaps just take much longer to recover. Maybe she does need that head gear that people have mentioned. I assume it is legal under any NCAA rules. They would look really bad if it wasn't. Maybe they will say it is ok for all schools except the Storrs University of UConn, Connecticut at Yukon.

Reaction Score
Ayanna must have gotten a blow to the head when her goggles were knocked off.
I saw the back of her head hit the floor hard when i watched the replay of the game.

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
Sounds like Azzi will be on the bench but won't play unless 3 players foul out or get hurt. Even then we can go with 4 if we are up 10 with under a minute to play. Concerned about CD, knowing nothing really about concussions, but it seems like it is usually 7 to 10 days, for her it seems to be much longer. She needs to really rest up and get 100% better. Maybe her concussion was more serious than realized at first. I assume there are degrees of concussions, some more serious, and some people perhaps just take much longer to recover. Maybe she does need that head gear that people have mentioned. I assume it is legal under any NCAA rules. They would look really bad if it wasn't. Maybe they will say it is ok for all schools except the Storrs University of UConn, Connecticut at UConn.
Caroline suffered the concussion in practice last Monday, so we are well within the normal timeframe. Hopefully she’ll be back Sunday.

Reaction Score
I think the entire UConn team will be forced to wear these rugby helmets soon......:rolleyes:
1673373768909.png

Attachments

• 1673373678831.png
    1673373678831.png
    878.3 KB · Views: 61
Reaction Score
"I think there's some good to it," Lopez Sénéchal said. "I believe everything happens for a reason. ... You don't really know why all of that is happening, what type of karma it is. But, you know, I always believe that in tough times like that there's always going to be a beautiful ending to it. So hopefully that's what's going to be."

Love this outlook. Lou continues to show us why her decision to play at UConn was so important. Not only is she a great player and teammate, but she’s also a great person!

Reaction Score
Based upon the photo Nan posted (#14 in bring the bun back thread it will be necessary to put on a special order for Qadence.
Yeah, I'm thinking the WBB series will have 4 models:
  1. Regular oval version
  2. Braid racks version
  3. Bubble bun version
  4. Pony tail version
Each will come in multiple sizes and colors with team names and monograms at extra cost. Team NIL logos are optional. :cool:

But in all seriousness, I actually think these helmets would definitely be quite practical and very beneficial in college basketball. As one who has had many head impacts I'd like to see them as a required uniform component. (Please save all trash talk, as we all have a right to our opinions)

Reaction Score
But in all seriousness, I actually think these helmets would definitely be quite practical and very beneficial in college basketball. As one who has had many head impacts I'd like to see them as a required uniform component.
You've already sold me. I think head protection is a good idea, especially for kids who've already been in the protocol on their careers. Even if it's just a cushioned head band -- all the way up to a rugby helmet -- I'm in favor.

Reaction Score
Based upon the photo Nan posted (#14 in bring the bun back thread it will be necessary to put on a special order for Qadence.
I understand the company that produces the headgear in question is in the process of designing a custom headpiece for her......they just need accurate dimensions of the two balls of hair so they can cut the proper-sized holes..........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well if some company starts producing basketball specific headgear, I can think of one nationally known women's powerhouse program that would be a natural to do commercials for it! Maybe turning these concussions into big NIL deals would be like turning lemons into lemonade! ha!

Reaction Score
Well if some company starts producing basketball specific headgear, I can think of one nationally known women's powerhouse program that would be a natural to do commercials for it! Maybe turning these concussions into big NIL deals would be like turning lemons into lemonade! ha!

The problem is that various studies have shown that in contact sports like soccer and rugby, there is only a 10-20% reduction in concussions when protective headgear in worn. One major study in England actually showed no reduction at all.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You've already sold me. I think head protection is a good idea, especially for kids who've already been in the protocol on their careers. Even if it's just a cushioned head band -- all the way up to a rugby helmet -- I'm in favor.
Count me in too. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom