More bad news for UConn haters...Stewie,Tuck and MoJeff start play... | The Boneyard

More bad news for UConn haters...Stewie,Tuck and MoJeff start play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Apparently, there has been bitterness at another blog site for KML and Bria's dominating role on the gold metal winning effort in Russia. The two Huskies, along w/ O. Sims from Baylor, led the team in scoring, minutes played, assists, rebounding and steals. The team finished 6-0 and took home the Gold...

Starting on Thursday, Stewie, Tuck and MoJeff start play in Lithuania at the World Championship for U-19 teams. Looks like nine games in 11 days. In the warm-up for Lithuania, the USA team went 3-0 and Stewie, Tuck and MoJeff were at the top of most statistical categories. (Stewie led in points, MoJeff is assists, etc..) To be sure, this team is LOADED with talent, but the UConn trio should provide plenty of opportunity for any haters to whine and complain.....Go Huskies..!!

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Well GA kept the best guard in America - Meighan Simmons - off the American teams.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well GA kept the best guard in America - Meighan Simmons - off the American teams.
How hysterical and delusional is that? People actually said those things out loud, but the pathetic part is many actually believed it. Don't forget he was also the one responsible for keeping Lawson off the team in favor of Jones. Huge mistake according to some. Brilliant move according to most everyone else.

The funny thing, David, is that Sherri was the coach on the WUG team. And yet she played the UCONN players along with Sims, Ellenberg and Harberts the most minutes. I guess maybe that's because she's in Geno's back pocket. Now on to the Now Katie Meier is the HC of the U19 team and I'm sure she's getting paid off by Geno, or some such other nonsense...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
eric...I hear Geno "put" Stewie, Tuck and MoJeff on the U-19 team just so he can recruit A'ja Wilson....This plan has been in the works for over 2 years....lol, just kidding, :). And that is what meyers told me...:eek:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Simmons is not in the Top 5 guards.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
eric...I hear Geno "put" Stewie, Tuck and MoJeff on the U-19 team just so he can recruit A'ja Wilson....This plan has been in the works for over 2 years....
LOL! Well, all you can really do is laugh at it. We've talked about it before on here, but I like to bring it up every once in a while - look at the past 10 years or so at the legit #1 or #2 players in the nation who Geno has gotten to say "yes" to UCONN...

2000 - Diana
2002 - Ann Strother
then a large (by UCONN standards) gap
2006 - Tina
2007 - Maya
2008 - Elena
2011 - Kaleena
2012 - Breanna and Moriah

That's just a ridiculous amount of top level talent. And add to that that we were in the hunt for Bone, the younger Ogwumike, and Williams, and you almost could have filled in even more years. Add to that we are after the top player in 2013, and the 2 top players in 2014 (Durr and Samuelson) and the potential is staggering.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
eric...I hear Geno "put" Stewie, Tuck and MoJeff on the U-19 team just so he can recruit A'ja Wilson....This plan has been in the works for over 2 years....
This will be quoted verbatim as The Truth. (You should have added a smiley or two..)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That's the sarcasm emoticon? I thought it was the "I just stepped in something in my bare feet" emoticon.
LOL. well i realized there is no sarcasm emoticon. I was taking artistic license!!!

Reaction Score
I am enjoying watching and reading about the good fortune of all the UCONN players this summer. They WUG and U-19 coaches figure out fairly quickly that UCONN players know how to play offense and defense and are in awesome shape. Plus, they are all team players and not gunners...........GO USA U-19 team.......

Bring home the Gold baby.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess that I'd use this :rolleyes: as the sarcasm icon out of the bunch that we have available.

(Of course now some may think that I meant that sarcastically.)

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I suppose it is The Summitt. Some posters here have access and mentioned how they were insulting to UConn and their players in the WUG tourney.

I have access there and this isn't true. After reading the threads from the past few weeks, one poster mentioned UConn and it was only the one time, but no one was insulting Hartley or KML. Both are wonderful young ladies, good players, and good friends with some of the TN players.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
LOL! Well, all you can really do is laugh at it. We've talked about it before on here, but I like to bring it up every once in a while - look at the past 10 years or so at the legit #1 or #2 players in the nation who Geno has gotten to say "yes" to UCONN...

2000 - Diana
2002 - Ann Strother
then a large (by UCONN standards) gap
2006 - Tina
2007 - Maya
2008 - Elena
2011 - Kaleena
2012 - Breanna and Moriah

That's just a ridiculous amount of top level talent. And add to that that we were in the hunt for Bone, the younger Ogwumike, and Williams, and you almost could have filled in even more years. Add to that we are after the top player in 2013, and the 2 top players in 2014 (Durr and Samuelson) and the potential is staggering.

By the way, one of the future recruits you mentioned was supposedly invited to play on the U-18 Three on Three USA Basketball team. That team is supposed to be made up of 4 players, three on the current U19 team in Lithuania(must be three of the younger players) and one of the recruits mentioned by Eric's above post, that was on the U16 team that played in Mexico in June. The Three on Three team tournament is in Late September and in Indonesia.
Nothing official announced so I wont name names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom