More bad luck for Sticks... | The Boneyard

More bad luck for Sticks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sticks tore his Achilles, again, 2 days ago during practice. This is the 2nd time he has torn his Achilles and both times happened during practice. The 1st time he was about to be called up to the NBA and it happened. That really took a toll on Sticks and kept him from playing ball for almost 1.5 years.

He finally was refocused mentally and physically and wanted to play in Canada rather than pursue other contract offers overseas. He did this so he could get reacclimated to playing and not have a lot of pressure as he felt he was rusty. He was having a fairly decent season for the Moncton Miracles and was even named player of the week in the Canadian week earlier in the season.

The only positive is it was his other Achilles and the doctors say this will only be a 10-14 week recorvery instead of the 8 month recover he had for his other Achilles injury. Its unfortunate it happened to Sticks as he is one of the nicest people you would ever encounter.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4733682

Reaction Score
I don't LIKE that he tore his achilles but I do like that you mentioned him to be "one of the nicest people you would even encounter"…….he seemed to be that way although I have never met him.

U

UCONNfan1

Man that is such a bummer as clearly he loves the game and has tried hard to make a career out of it. Does he have the demeanor and personality to be a coach? Perhaps that's a way he could keep attached to he game he loves...

Reaction Score
That's too bad, hope he recovers and is able to continue to pursue his dream.

Reaction Score
Sticks tore his Achilles, again, 2 days ago during practice.
I remember when it happened to Dominique, who also had an alien vertical leap. I always just assumed that guys with 48" verticals were pushing their Ach. tendons to the max with the kind of forces they have to generate to jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom