Montrell Dobbs Won't Meet UConn Qualifying Standards | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Montrell Dobbs Won't Meet UConn Qualifying Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very curious what classes a school would offer that wouldn't count...
It was an economics class. If I am reading correctly, the high school screwed up. Get that one credit over the spring!

Reaction Score
I'm just guessing here, but I suspect that part of the problem is Milford Academy. I think the credits have to be part of a degree program. Since Milford only exists to get football players some extra playing and classroom time, it's calendar apparently ends with the football season. "Good playing son and here's your degree." Now there's nowhere else to go.

Reaction Score
If the guy isn't eligible I'm not sure what the university can do about it. It isn't the first kid we've lost because he didn't meet academic requirements, though I thought a year of prep was supposed to address those deficiencies. But not taking a kid who doesn't qualify doesn't equal going back to the Yankee conference. I mean, if you look at the schools who had interest, then consider that marshall was the only other one to offer, you have to think either he was over-rated or his academics scared some others off. I don't happen to think he was overrated.

Guess you're right. Happens at Florida & Alabama all the time. They just go out and get another "scholar athlete".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom