Mo'ne Maya Moore Material | The Boneyard

Mo'ne Maya Moore Material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe not now......but this kid (in 4 years) from now is going to be an outstanding athletic athlete. Mark my word. By the time she is a junior/senior in high school the nation will be knocking on her door hoping to persuade her against choosing UCONN.

I've watched the tapes months ago and came away impressed with her handle and speed. Sharpe IQ (Already? ) Are you kidding me?

Before even looking at the tapes I said to myself "ok she has a desire to be a future Uconn player. Didn't think I would see much from her at all regarding talent. But after observing carefully sparks of joy started leaping within me. Wow!"

I couldn't help from fantasizing and dreaming at the moment. Words like "please Geno stick around much longer" came to mind. Because in rhe coming years you are not going to want to miss whats coming your way.

"Who knew?" many are going to say... She may not be 6 feet. But that burning desire within her to be great is there. And the fact she's already made up in her heart where she wants to go will make many opposing coaches mad. Shoot! Years from now coaches may call for tougher penalties against geno & staff for that single phone call y'all.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Can you say more about that?
Kara's desire to play at UConn was brought up most of the times that UConn played Tennessee. However, Kara has said that UConn didn't offer a scholarship. Things seemed to have worked out well for all involved, though.

Reaction Score
Kara Lawson grew up dreaming of playing at UConn.

Is that so? That is news to me. I guess the failure to offer her a scholarship explains why she choose Tennessee.

Hopefully no tardiness will be shown toward Mo'ne. Different era but I do get your point indeed. And given the circumstances regarding Mo'ne I think Geno can't wait to stick it to the snitches.

Kara was a good player. Mo'ne is going to be a great athlete.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Kara's desire to play at UConn was brought up most of the times that UConn played Tennessee. However, Kara has said that UConn didn't offer a scholarship. Things seemed to have worked out well for all involved, though.
I thought that Kara's parents, especially her father, wanted her to go to Stanford, and were very disappointed when she went to Tenn. I believe her father didn't speak to her for four years. Or, am I misremembering?

I think it was kinda a big deal when he showed up for her last Tenn - UConn game. He sat way in the back.

It is possible that Kara was one of those recruits where Geno didn't want to deal with the parents....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought that Kara's parents, especially her father, wanted her to go to Stanford, and were very disappointed when she went to Tenn. I believe her father didn't speak to her for four years. Or, am I misremembering?

I think it was kinda a big deal when he showed up for her last Tenn - UConn game. He sat way in the back.

It is possible that Kara was one of those recruits where Geno didn't want to deal with the parents....
I believe Kara dreamed of UConn as a young girl and Dad wanted a more highly regarded educational institution. I do remember that Kara's choosing to go to Tennessee fractured their relationship for a while.

Reaction Score
I believe Kara dreamed of UConn as a young girl and Dad wanted a more highly regarded educational institution. I do remember that Kara's choosing to go to Tennessee fractured their relationship for a while.

That is sad that such a choice between what college to choose causes frictions in relationships among siblings. I am sure it happened with other high school recruits. Don't know how often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom