Monday predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Monday predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm not sure that the fuzzy math means anything. If the number ones teams are favored and multiplying the percentages gets you to 23+%, that just means that the answer is irrelevant. It is most likely that all the #1'a will prevail.

On another subject: more than a few times, Kentucky has rolled over when challenged and played with no heart. they have some fine players but I do not see them as even as much a threat as Penn State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow! A lot of you guys are predicting 14-16 point margins. Maybe my crystal ball is a little murky. I think both games tonight will be close for stretches. Maybe a lot of FTs at the end will turn a 5-point lead to a 14-point win, but I think there will be lots of tension. My recommendation to Triad is to have a beer or two ... or more.

Im still debating on whether or not to watch the game at home, or go to a sports bar to watch it. I get extra nervous/anxious watching these tourney games..... cant really sit still..... do alot of pacing.... and some yelling and screaming. I usually always watch tourney games by myself. But..... I do have a taste for a good burger and chicken wings..... so I kinda want to go out and watch it. I have a few hours to decide.

Actually... the last time I had a beer was the Panthers-Patriots Super Bowl in 2004. And you know how that turned out. :(

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Im still debating on whether or not to watch the game at home, or go to a sports bar to watch it. I get extra nervous/anxious watching these tourney games..... cant really sit still..... do alot of pacing.... and some yelling and screaming. I usually always watch tourney games by myself. But..... I do have a taste for a good burger and chicken wings..... so I kinda want to go out and watch it. I have a few hours to decide.

Actually... the last time I had a beer was the Panthers-Patriots Super Bowl in 2004. And you know how that turned out. :(
Wonderfully!!! :D

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I really dont see Stanford losing unless Nneka is sitting on the bench.
I really dont see TN winning unless Griner is sitting on the bench.
ND MD MD trailed in its last game againest a team they shouldve handled. ND is tuff to handle.
I see all 4 number 1 seeds unless key players are in foul trouble or sitting.

UConn by 25+ unless they screw around like they did at the end of the Penn State game.

Baylor by 15+
Stanford by 15+
ND by 20+

There is a huge difference between the number 1 seeds and everybody else.

Reaction Score
... UConn by 25+ unless they screw around like they did at the end of the Penn State game...

I hope Geno gave them holy hell for that BS. Penn State wasn't screwing around, they were trying to close the gap, and UConn was playing so stupidly I turned off the TV and went shopping.

I was really PO'ed.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
By the way, I doubt it's Pat's last game.

They've settled into their roles -- Warlick is really HC and Pat is an assistant. Why would she retire from that, and why would they want her to?

Four years no Final Four, for starters.

Uncertainty in recruiting, for another. I don't think Warlick competes with Mitchell, Caldwell, or Staley in the SEC. Or Auriemma and McGraw and VanDerveer. Or, for that matter, with Summitt.

Unfortunately, Pat's situation cannot improve. the only question is the speed at which it deteriorates. I persist in my belief that Pat's son Tyler will be the liaison the Tenessee AD relies on to enable Pat to step down with the dignity (and financial security) she deserves.

Reaction Score
I hope Geno gave them holy hell for that BS. Penn State wasn't screwing around, they were trying to close the gap, and UConn was playing so stupidly I turned off the TV and went shopping.

I was really PO'ed.

It's only a game! Deep breath in, deep breath out...:p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Warlick really had too much pressure on her shoulders as is evident from the snippet of the post game just shown.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My prediction for game 1 looking pretty good. :D

Don't we have to average the two predictions when its a 2 game night... then divide by two and carry the quotient...find the square root and double that??

Reaction Score
Four years no Final Four, for starters.

Uncertainty in recruiting, for another. I don't think Warlick competes with Mitchell, Caldwell, or Staley in the SEC. Or Auriemma and McGraw and VanDerveer. Or, for that matter, with Summitt.

Unfortunately, Pat's situation cannot improve. the only question is the speed at which it deteriorates. I persist in my belief that Pat's son Tyler will be the liaison the Tenessee AD relies on to enable Pat to step down with the dignity (and financial security) she deserves.

Summitt is not going to be forced out because they missed 4 straight final fours.
At this point, it is still her decision - there is NO way the president is going to try to nudge her out. (The AD is irrelevant; this is a prez-level matter.)

I don't see her wanting to leave yet. Still seems like she does just fine as an assistant, and the rest of the coaches will be more than glad to have her with them.

A year from now will be a different story, but as of right now, it's still entirely up to Summitt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I concede: Baylor and Stanford by 15+.

Duke looked uncharacteristically good on offense vs. SJU. Tonight, they are back to their norm against a very good team.

Nneka is a go-to player if ever there was one.

Reaction Score
I think Vols will play their hearts out and make it a close game. I just don't believe they are committed enough to the defensive end to beat Baylor. 69-61
I'm still not sold on Duke. They are vastly improved offensively. Can't see EW controlling N sisters . Stanford 81-68
Wildcats looked great from 3pt.line against slower Zags. But Huskies can run with them, and press them. In the half court there will be few open looks. Huskies can go big or small. Huskies 75-65
Irish are battle tested against top competition. A veteran team that will not get rattled. Yes, Terapins are physically gifted group. I'm not convinced that terapins can be disciplined anough defensively to stop Irish cuts. I think this game is a battle. If DP stays out of foul trouble they win a close one. I think it's a toss up. Irish too much at the line in the end. 76-71
Sorry , I meant O sisters. Bad typing skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom