Monday night's games (ND, FSU, Bay, Stan) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Monday night's games (ND, FSU, Bay, Stan)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So why is Texas so much more aggressive?
Running terrific plays through the posts, who have fine moves and are unafraid?
And who is their 2nd year Asst coach, just figuring the coaching game out?

No other than Tina Thompson, one of the most competitive players in the history of the W.
She's the difference.
Brilliant hire by Aston.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme in today's article said that UConn would be #1 overall regardless of what happened Feb. 13, and that was before Baylor lost.
It's nice to have a little insurance. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have to say that the Texas-Baylor game was well played and far above the quality of game I've seen in the SEC this year. The best game outside of any UConn game I've seen all year. Kudos to the Texas backcourt and Joyner Holmes whose size and athleticism (like Collier) nullified Davis. Holmes' play against Davis was the difference. Texas' poor FT shooting kept the game closer than it should have been.

Reaction Score
I doubt Tina Thompson is coaching McCarty and Atkins, and they were the players who made Texas go.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Win by Texas. Didn't see that coming. Baylor was coasting through first 3 Quarters and then came alive in the 4th quarter to make the comeback try. Texas made just enough shots and Free Throws to hold on for the Win. They did try to give Baylor the game. Joyner Holmes was impressive as a Freshmen tonight.

Reaction Score
Great Win by Texas. Didn't see that coming. Baylor was coasting through first 3 Quarters and then came alive in the 4th quarter to make the comeback try. Texas made just enough shots and Free Throws to hold on for the Win. They did try to give Baylor the game. Joyner Holmes was impressive as a Freshmen tonight.
Nice Texas win, but they did not distinguish themselves at end of game. After getting big lead with relatively undisciplined offense, appeared to catch bad case of nerves. No one seemed to want to take shot, couldn't control ball, missed several 5 foot shots, couldn't run a set offense, etc. McCarthy and Holmes came out of nowhere in last minutes to make big layup and foul shots. Extremely bad call on Baylor on obvious Texas acting job helped. Kim's constant screaming likely didn't help Baylor at critical times. Give Texas credit but not sure this type of win is repeatable.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UCLA giving Stanford a battle. Currently up 7 in the 4th qtr

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice Texas win, but they did not distinguish themselves at end of game. After getting big lead with relatively undisciplined offense, appeared to catch bad case of nerves. No one seemed to want to take shot, couldn't control ball, missed several 5 foot shots, couldn't run a set offense, etc. McCarthy and Holmes came out of nowhere in last minutes to make big layup and foul shots. Extremely bad call on Baylor on obvious Texas acting job helped. Kim's constant screaming likely didn't help Baylor at critical times. Give Texas credit but not sure this type of win is repeatable.
When the game gets close trust Mulkey to aid the opposition with her behavior. As a person Mulkey is top notch. As a coach see's not close to my big three of Geno, Tara, and Muffet.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
UCLA giving Stanford a battle. Currently up 7 in the 4th qtr

This game featured a screen that sent a Stanford player flat out on the floor. Hardest non-fouling contact I've seen in a very long time.

Right now, 64-55 Bruins in the 4th @7:20

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Stanford can't stop the ball on drive penetration.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UCLA in foul trouble. Hayes is out & Canada has 4 fouls

Reaction Score
When the game gets close trust Mulkey to aid the opposition with her behavior. As a person Mulkey is top notch. As a coach see's not close to my big three of Geno, Tara, and Muffet.
I think Mulkey made a mistake by embarrassing her starters on national TV by taking all 5 out at once early in the first quarter. Sorta seemed like an, "It's all about me" move that backfired.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Stanford going down at home to UCLA. Looks like Tara is stuck on 1000.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Stanford going down at home to UCLA. Looks like Tara is stuck on 1000.

Impressive effort by UCLA to bounce back from their loss at Cal. This win puts them ahead of Louisville and into the discussion for a #3 seed.

Jordin Canada and Monique Billings are serious All-American candidates.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Ouch. Stanford gets dumped on their home court, losing to #15 UCLA. It wasn't a fluke. Bruins trailed at half, but fought back and really dominated the second half. Jordin Canada is for (very) real, at least she was tonight. Final score: UCLA 85 - Stanford 76.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win by UCLA over Stanford on Stanford's home court.

Stanford's loss tonight probably moves Maryland up to a 2 seed. While unlikely Maryland can get a #1 seed because of their SOS, its still possible depending on how Miss St and So Carolina play down the stretch. ND, FSU, Oregon St and Stanford if they split their games with each other, just may play themselves out of a chance for a #1 seed.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good Win by UCLA over Stanford on Stanford's home court.

Stanford's loss tonight probably moves Maryland up to a 2 seed. While unlikely Maryland can get a #1 seed because of their SOS, its still possible depending on how Miss St and So Carolina play down the stretch. ND, FSU, Oregon St and Stanford if they split their games with each other, just may play themselves out of a chance for a #1 seed.

But you're forgetting that Texas's win over Baylor will likely move them ahead of Maryland.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Bags, she doesn't start. Nina Davis was on the bench to start the second half is all. Holmes looks better but needs to learn to pass and use the give and go.
Davis disappeared in last seasons NCAA Tournament and in the Uconn game this season. Cox had been playing well until tonight. She has problems with big quicker players. Some of Baylors players seem to have a hard time playing well in games against teams as talented and as tough as they are. Texas matched up well against them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom