Monday Morning New Coach Rumor (CBS Fowler) | The Boneyard

Monday Morning New Coach Rumor (CBS Fowler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JFowlerCBS9:46am via web
Coaching Changes Daily: Does USC have HR available? Staff changes could come at WV, UConn has DeRuyter on radar
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...daily-does-usc-have-a-home-run-hire-out-there

>>4. One of the coaches on UConn's radar is Fresno State coach Tim DeRuyter, who might not be in the mix for the USC job but should garner plenty of interest in the next few weeks.

USC is casting a wide net in its search led by Parker Executive. I'm told the Huskies are willing to spend, too -- maybe not USC money, but the $1.8 to $2 million range.<<

Obvious typo w/ first USC mention.

For the "who" crowd:

http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/deruyter_tim00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_DeRuyter

Not convinced it's not an agent float but...

Reaction Score
Just based on the names we've heard:

Happy with: Lembo, Narduzzi, Herman (my personal #1 choice), Clawson, DeRuyter, Hudspeth

Content with: Ambrose, Campbell

Pitchforks to Warde's office: Weist, Don Brown, Mangini, Mazzone, and everyone else we've heard.

If I had to wager, the hire doesn't come from this list. I left off the nonsense ones like Gruden, Nutt, Mullen, etc. who have no chance of happening.

Reaction Score
Jimmy, I couldn’t agree more. I basically have the same list for the Happy & Content, except it might be too early to write off Mullen yet… let’s see how that one plays out…

Reaction Score
I don't think DeYurter's success on the west coast can be a plus for UConn. He may be the most intelligent football mind around, but he is also surrounded by a wealth of talent from which to choose after PAC, BIG, and Big 12 make there preferences known.

The talent pool in NE isn't nearly as good, and after BIG and ACC make their preferences known it is even less. Add that to being an unknown to HS coaches in this region.

May be a great FB mind........for the west coast institutions. The fact that USC may not even give him an interview is a little concerning.

Reaction Score
I think DeRuyter surpasses every name we have heard to date. The guy has dominated the Mountain West which is considered our level.

This would generate a ton of BUZZ for UCONN.

Reaction Score
I don't think DeYurter's success on the west coast can be a plus for UConn. He may be the most intelligent football mind around, but he is also surrounded by a wealth of talent from which to choose after PAC, BIG, and Big 12 make there preferences known.

The talent pool in NE isn't nearly as good, and after BIG and ACC make their preferences known it is even less. Add that to being an unknown to HS coaches in this region.

May be a great FB mind........for the west coast institutions. The fact that USC may not even give him an interview is a little concerning.

We are not in the same market for a coach as USC. The next coach there is probably going to come from Peterson, Franklin, and Del Rio.

Reaction Score
The fact that USC may not even give him an interview is a little concerning.

Why so? - There are dozens and dozens of quality coaches who won't get an interview @ USC. It's not like he's been a coach there before. USC is shooting higher.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Franklin is the guy and this is more like a KC Keeler type of withdrawal?

Franklin is strong - I also wonder about Steve Sarksian.

Package deal ;)

ArashMarkaziDec 01, 9:58pm via Web
USC is prepared to make Orgeron the highest paid assistant and an associate head coach. He knew he lost the head job when he lost to UCLA.

ArashMarkaziDec 01, 10:10pm via Web
Orgeron is one of the best DL coaches and recruiting coordinators in the country and knows USC and L.A. He's not being "forced" on a coach.

BryanDFischer12:12pm via Tweetbot for iOS
As far as I know, Ed Orgeron and Steve Sarkisian share the same LA-based agent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is why they call it a "national" search. Good to hear a fresh name.

Reaction Score

Happy with: Lembo, Narduzzi, Herman (my personal #1 choice), Clawson, DeRuyter, Hudspeth

Pitchforks to Warde's office: Weist, Don Brown, Mangini, Mazzone, and everyone else we've heard.

If I had to wager, the hire doesn't come from this list. I left off the nonsense ones like Gruden, Nutt, Mullen, etc. who have no chance of happening.

Agree with all of this.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

I agree with everything you said, minus maybe Ambrose belonging in the pitchfork column. It's amazing how many people here forget how many people wanted him out of here. :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I agree with everything you said, minus maybe Ambrose belonging in the pitchfork column. It's amazing how many people here forget how many people wanted him out of here. :)

Absolutely.

Ambrose is solidly on my pitchfork column.

Don't want him anywhere near this job.

Reaction Score
The UConn rivals site is reporting that a source close to Lembo, says that while he would listen to UConn, Lembo believes has done enough to jump right into B1g. Fwiw.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think DeRuyter surpasses every name we have heard to date. The guy has dominated the Mountain West which is considered our level.

This would generate a ton of BUZZ for UCONN.

I think it would be a great hire.

Reaction Score
Franklin is strong - I also wonder about Steve Sarksian.

Package deal ;)

ArashMarkaziDec 01, 9:58pm via Web
USC is prepared to make Orgeron the highest paid assistant and an associate head coach. He knew he lost the head job when he lost to UCLA.

ArashMarkaziDec 01, 10:10pm via Web
Orgeron is one of the best DL coaches and recruiting coordinators in the country and knows USC and L.A. He's not being "forced" on a coach.

BryanDFischer12:12pm via Tweetbot for iOS
As far as I know, Ed Orgeron and Steve Sarkisian share the same LA-based agent.

Hmmm...

LindseyThiry1:52pm via TweetDeck
Source, A previously unscheduled 2pm meeting has been called for the Washington football team.

ESPN_Colin1:58pm via Twitter for iPhone
Sark to USC.

edit add:
schadjoe2:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Steve Sarkisian has accepted the USC head coaching position

schadjoe2:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
Don't be surprised if Chris Petersen and Washington share mutual interest

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Different sport... but Ollie being an LA guy hasn't hurt us. If we go after a west coast guy for FB, he can hire assistants with backgrounds in the Northeast / Southeast / Ohio valley areas.

Reaction Score
If Sarkasian gets USC job it will point Warde in a different direction for UConn job.

Reaction Score
Lembo does nothing for me, I think his record is rather pedestrian. Former HC at Elon - give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom