Monday Morning New Coach Rumor (CBS Fowler) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Monday Morning New Coach Rumor (CBS Fowler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is gonna be a crazy 10 days.....DeRuyter gets floated here (btw he is bucking for a big raise) and 2 hours later Wash job opens and you gotta believe he's in the mix there. Fun times

Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS1m
Names I'm hearing #Washington will consider to replace Sark: Tim DeRuyter; DC Justin Wilcox and Jim Mora.

DeRuyter will have better offers then UConn

Yup... domino effects. Also think there will be noise about Petersen to UW.

edit: Rumor floating that Sark is taking Wilcox with him?

edit: KJR Radio 950 in Seattle reports that defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox is going to USC with Steve Sarkisian, but that may change if Wilcox is offered the head coaching job at Washington.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Franklin is strong - I also wonder about Steve Sarksian.

Package deal ;)

ArashMarkaziDec 01, 9:58pm via Web
USC is prepared to make Orgeron the highest paid assistant and an associate head coach. He knew he lost the head job when he lost to UCLA.

ArashMarkaziDec 01, 10:10pm via Web
Orgeron is one of the best DL coaches and recruiting coordinators in the country and knows USC and L.A. He's not being "forced" on a coach.

BryanDFischer12:12pm via Tweetbot for iOS
As far as I know, Ed Orgeron and Steve Sarkisian share the same LA-based agent.
Hmmm...

LindseyThiry1:52pm via TweetDeck
Source, A previously unscheduled 2pm meeting has been called for the Washington football team.

ESPN_Colin1:58pm via Twitter for iPhone
Sark to USC.

edit add:
schadjoe2:07pm via Twitter for iPhone
Steve Sarkisian has accepted the USC head coaching position

schadjoe2:08pm via Twitter for iPhone
Don't be surprised if Chris Petersen and Washington share mutual interest

Scratch the Ed O staying @ USC w/ Sark rumor.

HeatherBrit2:51pm via TweetDeck
Confirmed: Despite being offered more money and an Assistant HC position, Coach Ed Orgeron has sent in his resignation to #USC.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
God I can't wait until Sunday... Let the interviews and crazy speculation really begin for us!

Reaction Score
Of all the speculation I guess I missed someone throwing out Gruden's name. Let me just say that would be AWESOME! That would be hilarious. Watching him walk around scowling. Priceless. Not gonna happen, but man that would be great.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
that's because WM is on line 2...

Is DeRuyter a possibility for Boise?

Right now, he is at $700k - UCONN could offer $2.1 & triple it.

What kind of raise can Fresno afford? What can Boise afford?

How much more would we have to offer?

Reaction Score
Is DeRuyter a possibility for Boise?

If so he would be down the list behind BSU connected Harsin, Wilcox (who may go to USC or stay @ UW depending) or Pease I would imagine.

Reaction Score
If so he would be down the list behind BSU connected Harsin, Wilcox (who may go to USC or stay @ UW depending) or Pease I would imagine.
I don't think Boise is going to be pulling from the same pool of coaching candidates as us, nor do I think they are a better or more desireable program on the whole, so their opening doesn't really worry me too much.

Reaction Score
I don't think Boise is going to be pulling from the same pool of coaching candidates as us, nor do I think they are a better or more desireable program on the whole, so their opening doesn't really worry me too much.

Don't necessarily disagree unless it causes other dominoes to tumble. I was answering the question.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I wouldn't be surprised if they stay in house and promoted a coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom