Monday, March 1st Update NET: 36 KenPom: 29 BPI: 26 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Monday, March 1st Update NET: 36 KenPom: 29 BPI: 26

Reaction Score
A 3-seed in the Big East should never miss the tournament.
a 4-seed in the BE should never miss the tourney and that would still be considered a down year going forward. at least 5 is the expectation.

i think we get at least 4 this year: nova, creighton, UConn, and either xavier or hall.

how do all 5 get in?
xavier wins out and hall loses 1 more to us. xavier gets the 4 seed and hall gets the 5 but hall upsets xavier in the second round of the BET and both get in?

they can't leave out xavier with a .615 winning% in the BE, or hall at .578% and a trip to the BET semi finals.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
NET: 36
KenPom: 29
BPI: 26

Jerry Palm has us as an 8 seed as of this morning. Lunardi has us has the first team with "Last 4 byes" but that was updated Sunday morning.
UConn gets 5 votes this week / USC drops to #27

The AP poll shows UConn at 37th.
Prescription: just keep winning.
One game at a time.

Reaction Score
He liked Jameer Nelson and the St. Joe's team more than the Emeka Okafor and the UConn team.

That's one batch of ancient hatred.

He works for ESPN and a lot of people hate that.

He doesn't view UConn with blue-colored glasses and so sometimes has them lower than the board, and so any time the team is placed below where the board thinks it should be the only answer is some nefarious reason like Lunardi has a grudge against us.
But that st joes team was #1 in the country a good portion of the season right? I remember them losing a tough game vs ok state in the tournament but yea now I get it bro LOL I’ve been sayin to myself that lunardi isn’t that bad a dude so what am I missing

Reaction Score
It is not worth it to lose to Seton Hall and Georgetown just to beat DePaul...
I hear you and agree. But this is a year where teams on the bubble are trying to schedule games after their conference tournaments. You can’t entirely dismiss that games played and wins matter.
Hypothetically, if UConn loses their first game in the BET, you can absolutely bet we will all wish we had a win from the day before.

Reaction Score
But that st joes team was #1 in the country a good portion of the season right? I remember them losing a tough game vs ok state in the tournament but yea now I get it bro LOL I’ve been sayin to myself that lunardi isn’t that bad a dude so what am I missing
He's not bad at all. He's fine enough. For a while he was the only game in town, but now he's a pretty mediocre bracketologist. But...so what?

Reaction Score
He's not bad at all. He's fine enough. For a while he was the only game in town, but now he's a pretty mediocre bracketologist. But...so what?
There's no real way to be a good bracketologist. If you know the bracketing principles, that's it. You can get lucky a few years in a row, but everyone has different metrics they value, including the committee members. And some of the members rotate every year, so the things the committee values changes literally every year.

Which is why the aggregate approach is best. Because then at least you get to simulate an average random committee.

Reaction Score
I think the Big East has four teams in right now- Nova, Creighton, X and UConn. As to UConn, I think their numbers are there for a bid but at some point all these teams also have to pass the eye test and UConn passes that test. I think you're in. If Seton Hall doesn't win out this week I think they are done. As for St. John's, the only way I see them even being considered is a sweep this week and two BET wins.

Reaction Score
NET: 36
KenPom: 29
BPI: 26

Jerry Palm has us as an 8 seed as of this morning. Lunardi has us has the first team with "Last 4 byes" but that was updated Sunday morning.
The only seed I don’t want us to get is 8/9, would much rather get a 10-16 seed. Don’t want to play a #1 on the second day.
Edit: Should’ve said “would rather get a 10-15.”
Not even sure that’s right since the tourney is at 68 teams. I will say this, I’d prefer going back to 64 teams. No play-in’s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The only seed I don’t want us to get is 8/9, would much rather get a 10-16 seed. Don’t want to play a #1 on the second day.

I don't think the committee can put us as an 8/9 since it would be ridiculously unfair to the #1. We would beat Ohio State and Baylor by double digits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since everyone is a bracketologist this time of year.... this is from today:
Screenshot 2021-03-01 142730.jpg

Reaction Score
Last week....

#2, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #11, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #23, #24, #25 all lost​

Many of the ranked teams are concentrated in 2 conferences (13 between B1G and Big 12), so the teams play each other and someone is bound to lose.

Reaction Score
Many of the ranked teams are concentrated in 2 conferences (13 between B1G and Big 12), so the teams play each other and someone is bound to lose.
TRUE ...but we still know all of the B1G is overrated. ;)

Reaction Score
There's no real way to be a good bracketologist. If you know the bracketing principles, that's it. You can get lucky a few years in a row, but everyone has different metrics they value, including the committee members. And some of the members rotate every year, so the things the committee values changes literally every year.

Which is why the aggregate approach is best. Because then at least you get to simulate an average random committee.
Right. Which is why any great love or anger directed at any one of them is misplaced.

Reaction Score
A lot of these guys are late to the UCONN bandwagon. I remember the last championship with Bazz there was no love the whole time. To be fair our teams have been inconsistent and have looked bad at times.

Reaction Score
A lot of these guys are late to the UCONN bandwagon. I remember the last championship with Bazz there was no love the whole time. To be fair our teams have been inconsistent and have looked bad at times.

with Bouk on the floor, I’d say we have been consistently good. Yes one or 2 head scratchers, but you expect that, especially this year.

Reaction Score
I put as little value in this year's rankings as I ever have. Obviously a team needs to get in. The rankings still hold some value there. After a team is in... who knows.

Reaction Score
UConn gets 5 votes this week / USC drops to #27

We’re right behind . . . [checks notes] . . . Toledo??

Guess the voters are more impressed by quality Quad 3 losses than one might assume. Toledo is way ahead of us in that category.

Reaction Score
Strange. A world where you make a living predicting seeding in a once a year tournament. And many times be wrong with that prediction.
And he's wrong in spite of the fact he updates it daily. Such BS, but it makes for discussion on the "yard" and elsewhere.

Reaction Score
We’re right behind . . . [checks notes] . . . Toledo??

Guess the voters are more impressed by quality Quad 3 losses than one might assume. Toledo is way ahead of us in that category.
This is a disgrace, yes I’m a Homer but with Bouk we’re top 25.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom