Monday, March 1st Update NET: 36 KenPom: 29 BPI: 26 | The Boneyard

Monday, March 1st Update NET: 36 KenPom: 29 BPI: 26

Reaction Score
NET: 36
KenPom: 29
BPI: 26

Jerry Palm has us as an 8 seed as of this morning. Lunardi has us has the first team with "Last 4 byes" but that was updated Sunday morning.
Yeah, I've been checking for updates on ESPN. How the heck is Lundardi's latest update from last Friday morning? It's March, he should be updating no less than daily. What else does the guy have to do?

Reaction Score
Will be interested to see if UConn gets any AP votes today.

Not going to crack the top 25 (yet) but with 2 convincing wins, winning 4 of last 5 & Bouk back should get a few votes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also, we can still get the 3 seed in the BET even if we lose at Seton Hall. If we were to win Saturday v.s. GTown, and Seton Hall were to lose at St. John's, our winning percentage would be slightly higher (.588 to .580). However, if that were to happen, we have to watch Xavier. If they were to win out (they are at Georgetown and Marquette this week), at 8-5, they would get 3rd place (.615).

The lowest UConn can fall right now I believe is 6th. We would have to lost out, and St. John's winning out would have them slightly above us.

Reaction Score
Also, we can still get the 3 seed in the BET even if we lose at Seton Hall. If we were to win Saturday v.s. GTown, and Seton Hall were to lose at St. John's, our winning percentage would be slightly higher (.588 to .580). However, if that were to happen, we have to watch Xavier. If they were to win out (they are at Georgetown and Marquette this week), at 8-5, they would get 3rd place (.615).

The lowest UConn can fall right now I believe is 6th. We would have to lost out, and St. John's winning out would have them slightly above us.

looks like we're locked into 5 or better

Reaction Score
I must have done the math wrong. Thanks @4xChamps. Looks like we have clinched at least a first round bye which is huge.
Yep if PC or St Johns win out and uconn loses out it'd be 10-9 conf record v 9-8 conf record (uconn) and the 9-8 winning % is slightly better

Reaction Score
I must have done the math wrong. Thanks @4xChamps. Looks like we have clinched at least a first round bye which is huge.
Yeah UConn would be 9-8 and Johnnies 10-9, which means we edge them out (by tenths of percentage points).

looks like we're locked into 5 or better

Here are the KenPom numbers for comparison.
UConn Seed
360.55%
425.94%
513.51%

Reaction Score
Yeah, I've been checking for updates on ESPN. How the heck is Lundardi's latest update from last Friday morning? It's March, he should be updating no less than daily. What else does the guy have to do?
Strange. A world where you make a living predicting seeding in a once a year tournament. And many times be wrong with that prediction.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just keep winning.

And make notable progress on committing fewer suboptimal fouls, and not having any meaningful disparity between fouls called on UConn and fouls called on opponents.

Game 19 usually allows for a few more season-long lessons to be learned, but the reality of March 1st argues against this.

It all makes for a tricky end to the first season in a new conference. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Its huge in terms of winning the big east tournament. But in an odd way, would it mean more to our overall resume to get an extra game and win?

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly we were a 3 seed in 2011. Does anyone have a clue what we would of been if we hadn't won the BE tournament. Let's say we lose to Pitt. It's all conjecture, but I'm thinking 6 seed if we had lost to Pitt.

Reaction Score
I’m finding out that the yard just doesn’t like lunardi at all it’s like what did he do to be so despised LOL
He liked Jameer Nelson and the St. Joe's team more than the Emeka Okafor and the UConn team.

That's one batch of ancient hatred.

He works for ESPN and a lot of people hate that.

He doesn't view UConn with blue-colored glasses and so sometimes has them lower than the board, and so any time the team is placed below where the board thinks it should be the only answer is some nefarious reason like Lunardi has a grudge against us.

Reaction Score
UConn gets 5 votes this week / USC drops to #27

LOL UNC gets blasted at home by the 10th place BE team and still finds its way to 4 votes? How? On the strength of the FSU win? Come on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom