Monday games (Notre Dame-Syracuse, Texas-Baylor, etc.) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Monday games (Notre Dame-Syracuse, Texas-Baylor, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When Queen went on her official visit to Texas she committed as soon as she put on the Longhorn uniform. Aston Asked her to hold off on her commitment because they had just gotten a word that Charlie Collier was about to decommit from UCONN. Collier committed to Texas. She basically put Queen on the back burner. A kid that really wanted to go to her dream school gets told to not commit because they want to see if they can get the higher recruit. Queen was really upset, but I'm so happy she found a home at Baylor. She is so happy there and kim loves her.

Was anything stopping Queen Egbo from committing days, weeks, or months before this event? Scholarships are not on the table indefinitely, things happen. Maybe it sounds bad but this may have been best for her. Even if Texas did honor their scholarship offer, would going to Texas with Sedona Prince and Charli Collier in the same class be a good idea? Probably not. So while it sounds bad it seems to have worked out for both parties.

Reaction Score
Was anything stopping Queen Egbo from committing days, weeks, or months before this event? Scholarships are not on the table indefinitely, things happen. Maybe it sounds bad but this may have been best for her. Even if Texas did honor their scholarship offer, would going to Texas with Sedona Prince and Charli Collier in the same class be a good idea? Probably not. So while it sounds bad it seems to have worked out for both parties.

I don't know, you would have to ask Queen that question. Alot of kids commit on their official visit. And yes it worked out in her favor. She is with a winning program and I heard her and DiDi are the life of the locker room. She extremely happy and loves it at Baylor. Queen just won her first ring last week ...Look at Texas now... sometimes Blessings come on disguise !!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't know, you would have to ask Queen that question. Alot of kids commit on their official visit. And yes it worked out in her favor. She is with a winning program and I heard her and DiDi are the life of the locker room. She extremely happy and loves it at Baylor. Queen just won her first ring last week ...Look at Texas now... sometimes Blessings come on disguise !!
Uh, she's a freshman playing very limited minutes behind Brown, Cox and her fellow freshman Smith. It's great that she gets to yuck it up in the locker room and all, but I'd hardly call that a resume builder.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am not a big fan of how Syracuse plays in general. Too much reliance on 3 pt shooting and trap defense.

Also, I realize I do not see too many ORST games but I think their jerseys usually only have some orange trim?
Seems like a lot of trim.

2BZYJVYVR5ADNE5SOIUXPSYY5Y.JPG

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't know what these people would have had Aston do. Should she have done what Mulkey has done in the past, collecting commitments like trophies even if it means over-recruiting at a certain position?

If in fact this water-cooler story is true (and experience has taught me to be suspicious of anonymous folks claiming a personal relationship with a recruit's family), then if anything Aston did the honorable thing in being up front about her priorities even if it meant losing a very good player to another school. Say what you want about Texas' struggles this year, but this is hardly a reason to be resentful of her.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Uh, she's a freshman playing very limited minutes behind Brown, Cox and her fellow freshman Smith. It's great that she gets to yuck it up in the locker room and all, but I'd hardly call that a resume builder.

What better way to learn as she gets to compete against Brown and Cox in practice daily. Queen's had more game minutes than all other freshman combined (with the exception of Smith), which is very odd with a KM bench. She's had a very good year and playing wisely beyond her years. I'm happy it all worked out for her.

Reaction Score
What better way to learn as she gets to compete against Brown and Cox in practice daily. Queen's had more game minutes than all other freshman combined (with the exception of Smith), which is very odd with a KM bench. She's had a very good year and playing wisely beyond her years. I'm happy it all worked out for her.
Thank you Skilz, practicing with upperclassman that are bigger than her will only make her better.

Reaction Score
I see Aquino and Simmons, so that had to be from this season.
I think these are now the alt road uniforms. There was a news item about the men from last season
Oregon State men's basketball to wear new uniforms for 2017-18 season
The Beavers, whose season starts in more than six weeks with a Nov. 3 exhibition against Pacific, will have black road uniforms and orange alternate uniforms, all designed by Nike.
Being obsessive compulsive sometimes I went back through the twitter feed for the Oregon State women and only saw the white home, pink cancer specials, and black road uniforms before I gave up.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Thank you Skilz, practicing with upperclassman that are bigger than her will only make her better.
Definitely! I’m looking forward to watching her grow with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom