Monday games (Notre Dame-Syracuse, Texas-Baylor, etc.) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Monday games (Notre Dame-Syracuse, Texas-Baylor, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does this make us feel any better about the fact that UConn scored only 58 against Baylor?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I see that Gustafson had just another day at the office, 29 points and 20 rebounds in Iowa's win over Nebraska.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t put Syracuse in the same group of shame. And Oregon State wears orange.

I am not a big fan of how Syracuse plays in general. Too much reliance on 3 pt shooting and trap defense.

Also, I realize I do not see too many ORST games but I think their jerseys usually only have some orange trim?

1551166144859.png

Reaction Score
To beat Baylor you must have a good shooting night from 3. You just aren’t going to score consistently inside.
Their big girls dominate if you let them. But they miss easy shots inside and make up for them with length. It is not my kind of game.

Reaction Score
I am not a big fan of how Syracuse plays in general. Too much reliance on 3 pt shooting and trap defense.

Also, I realize I do not see too many ORST games but I think their jerseys usually only have some orange trim?

View attachment 40169
The Oregon State fans here would know but I think you’re right that the black with orange trim is the main road uniform, while the home uniforms are white.

Could have swown I’d seen an orange version in past years, though.

Reaction Score
Does this make us feel any better about the fact that UConn scored only 58 against Baylor?
No --- we'll need to find about +/- 15 more points between Off and Def

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, then maybe Texas is taking heart from the fact that they held Baylor to fewer points than UConn did. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well, then maybe Texas is taking heart from the fact that they held Baylor to fewer points than UConn did. :rolleyes:

Baylor was not shooting well. Texas got lucky, but I don't think they got lucky on the fact that they couldn't hit any either. Honestly, it's a shame that Tennessee and Texas both have so much talent, but no coach to develop it and use it correctly.

Reaction Score
Thought this was a interesting post presser where Mulkey talks about Baylor vs Texas rivalry.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Baylor was not shooting well. Texas got lucky, but I don't think they got lucky on the fact that they couldn't hit any either. Honestly, it's a shame that Tennessee and Texas both have so much talent, but no coach to develop it and use it correctly.
FWIW I don't really know what's happened at Texas in just the last couple of years. They weren't this inept or underachieving just 2-3 years ago. The team that gave the Stewart-led Connecticut team a relatively tough game in the Elite 8 in Bridgeport in 2016 wasn't that horrible, and they weren't just skating by on talent alone. I can't help but wonder if losing Travis Mays as an assistant has been the downward turning point.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
FWIW I don't really know what's happened at Texas in just the last couple of years. They weren't this inept or underachieving just 2-3 years ago. The team that gave the Stewart-led Connecticut team a relatively tough game in the Elite 8 in Bridgeport in 2016 wasn't that horrible, and they weren't just skating by on talent alone. I can't help but wonder if losing Travis Mays as an assistant has been the downward turning point.

My opinion only, but losing Travis Mays definitely hurt this program, team chemistry is obsolete, no focus, and no one wants to lead this team. Players look lost and confused, which could be from having a few transfers coming in and not understanding the playbook.

Reaction Score
Although I am a SC fan, Texas use to be one of my favorite teams. Mostly because of Brooke and Ariel. But i lost all respect for Karen Aston because of what she did to Baylor's freshman Queen Egbo. I also think it was very weak of Aston to press the last two minutes of the game when Baylor put their bench in.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Oregon State fans here would know but I think you’re right that the black with orange trim is the main road uniform, while the home uniforms are white.

Could have swown I’d seen an orange version in past years, though.

I'm pretty sure they did used to have road uniforms that were primarily orange. Seems like almost everybody has an alternate black road uni, but black and orange really are their school colors.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Although I am a SC fan, Texas use to be one of my favorite teams. Mostly because of Brooke and Ariel. But i lost all respect for Karen Aston because of what she did to Baylor's freshman Queen Egbo. I also think it was very weak of Aston to press the last two minutes of the game when Baylor put their bench in.

What did Karen Aston do to Queen Egbo?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure they did used to have road uniforms that were primarily orange. Seems like almost everybody has an alternate black road uni, but black and orange really are their school colors.

edit--here's a shot of Weisner in orange, so it wasn't that long ago.

Redirect Notice
Looked more like Hamblin.
AR-312159818.jpg&updated=201512151705&MaxW=620&maxH=620&noborder

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Weird. I clicked that link a couple minutes ago and it was a picture of Weisner. Now it's throwing up this redirect where if you click through the link you end up on an article with that picture of Hamblin.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
AR-312159818.jpg&updated=201512151705&MaxW=620&maxH=620&noborder

That does look more like Hamblin. I swear it was a pic of Weisner that I linked, don't know what happened. When I clicked on my link just now it didn't show any image at all. I'll just delete it since it's not working properly.

Reaction Score
What did Karen Aston do to Queen Egbo?

When Queen went on her official visit to Texas she committed as soon as she put on the Longhorn uniform. Aston Asked her to hold off on her commitment because they had just gotten a word that Charlie Collier was about to decommit from UCONN. Collier committed to Texas. She basically put Queen on the back burner. A kid that really wanted to go to her dream school gets told to not commit because they want to see if they can get the higher recruit. Queen was really upset, but I'm so happy she found a home at Baylor. She is so happy there and kim loves her.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Gotta be George's...I think.
If you're familiar with local restaurants, would you have any other recommendations for Waco?

Plebe

Reaction Score
When Queen went on her official visit to Texas she committed as soon as she put on the Longhorn uniform. Aston Asked her to hold off on her commitment because they had just gotten a word that Charlie Collier was about to decommit from UCONN. Collier committed to Texas. She basically put Queen on the back burner. A kid that really wanted to go to her dream school gets told to not commit because they want to see if they can get the higher recruit. Queen was really upset, but I'm so happy she found a home at Baylor. She is so happy there and kim loves her.
Just curious: How did you find out all this information? Was it publicly reported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom