Monday 4/1/19 Games | The Boneyard

Monday 4/1/19 Games

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Baylor vs Iowa 7pm EST Greensboro Regional

Notre Dame vs Stanford 9pm EST Chicago Regional.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Spare me the sanctimony, Chad. But I forgot - women coaches aren't allowed to make sarcastic quips. That's just for Jeff and Geno and the rest of the boys.

Brown is an All-American. She should not be afraid to guard anyone. Which I think is quite obviously the point Mulkey is making. I thought it was kinda funny, really.

But whatever outrage Iowa needs to manufacture to put a chip on their shoulder, I guess.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if Cox guards Gustafson and Brown guards Stewart. I think Lauren is the most mobile of the 4 and should be able to match up with either Iowa biggie.
Buuuut I am hoping for an upset.

Reaction Score
Brown is bigger, wider, and longer than Gustafson. I don't see how she succeeds enough for the Iowa upset. If she scored too much, Baylor will then put Cox on her

Reaction Score
Chad's just trying to generate outrage in defense of the poor ESPN reporter. Probably waiting for a reply from them about that resume he submitted. Ha

Reaction Score
Stanford vs ND should be exciting. Stanford didn't impress me in their sweet 16 game, but they play inspired when they face ND.

Reaction Score
Brown handled Anigwe pretty easily. I see lots of similarity to Gustafson in style of play

Reaction Score
I'm more interested in the Stanford v. Notre Dame game. Stanford did find a way to beat Oregon and Baylor.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm more interested in the Stanford v. Notre Dame game. Stanford did find a way to beat Oregon and Baylor.
I somehow feel like it's both more likely that Stanford beats Notre Dame than Iowa beats Baylor (both chances are admittedly slim), but also more likely that Notre Dame blows Stanford out than Baylor blows Iowa out. The question is whether the Stanford that beat Baylor and Oregon shows up or the Stanford that lost by 40 to Oregon and shot 17-68 against an 11 seed. The variability in possible outcomes makes the Irish-Cardinal matchup seem much more interesting.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As far as Gustafson matching up w/ Baylor's bigs, Gulich from Oregon St. outplayed both of them in the Tourney last year. It can be done. Alanna Smith from Stanford easily outplayed both of them earlier this season.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Oh boy.... some reporters in Iowa are stirred up about the Baylor press conference

If Chad were a smart guy, he'd look up the whole interview before making a stupid remark. The media has cut out Mulkey praising Gustafson. Media stirring the pot before the game! Typical....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wonder how many complaints there will be about the attendance here tonight :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure how it will come across on TV.. Though the crowd will be small.. The Baylor and Iowa fans in attendance are a spirited bunch

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Really hard for me to imagine Iowa staying close. I don't think Baylor will completely shut down Gustafson, but I do think their size poses a challenge that Iowa hasn't faced yet and I don't see her going off. Iowa's only chance is if multiple players from among Doyle, Davis, Meyer and Sevillian are hitting 3's. The supporting cast absolutely must relieve the scoring pressure on Gustafson.

Reaction Score
Kalani brown needs to go to the bench if she doesn't want to play

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Baylor already spanked Iowa earlier this season. I don't see anything yet that makes me think this will be any different. Hope I'm wrong. Would like to see another exciting game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Iowa needed that media timeout to come much earlier.

Felt like they ran out of gas a little bit once it got to 11-11 and then had a few ugly offensive possessions in a row.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom