Votes: 37 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 91 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Question regarding the ads - do you get $ just by us clicking on them? I always use the Amazon link when i buy stuff on Amazon and would have no problem clicking on the ad banners, but I wouldn't buy anything from them unless it was something I needed...
I bought a pair of blue tooth headphones from those banners. 10 bucks, good deal.

Reaction Score
Come on man - People just pony up some cash, christ, it's not a second mortgage - it's 20, 30, 40 bucks or whatever price Tom would set.

That's what I am saying. I don't need a mobile app.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I bought a pair of blue tooth headphones from those banners. 10 bucks, good deal.
Right? I just bought a new house so I've been buying lots of stuff from Amazon and I always use the banner link...

pj

Reaction Score
$15 is steep for an app. Would you be better off at 99 cents with in-app purchase options? Ad-free for x dollars, subscriber status with access to a private forum for x dollars, etc?

$15 dollars would be too much for me for an app and would probably turn away new subscribers. But I would pay 99 cents and would probably upgrade to a $15 subscription for a "value add" like the above.

Just don't charge too much for in-app Chief. I don't want to be relegated to the casual fans.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the idea of a premium board making a comeback. It would be worth it right now in particular, so much gossip out there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm shopping for a new mattress now, and they sure have the banner ads covered.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does paying make you un-bannable? Asking for a friend...
That could be an additional revenue stream; ban insurance.

Personally I could care less about an app but if this site could become ad free, I would gladly pay a reasonable (possibly even an unreasonable) fee for that.

Quick question, would profanity then be allowed?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
$15 is a screaming bargain.

It works out to something like $0.00000000007 cents a day.
Some people calculate "per Like," and it doesn't work out so well.
Ymmv.

Reaction Score
Maybe if it was like 3.99 or something. There are a ton of good apps for 5 bucks or less and I rarely ever go over 10, sometimes even finding very solid free apps, though I do not expect this one to be free of course..

I do like the in-app purchases idea, if used wisely. Some games or other apps beat you over the head with in app purchases or just do not use them effectively (like not being upfront about the fact that in the long run they are actually kind of essential, backing you into a corner in the end). But if it is used for non essential but nifty type of extras, it could help you a lot too, for those who want to be even more supportive.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. Completely ad free/sometimes they're so bad you can't use the website. Hasn't been a problem recently though.
2. No filtered words- Thinking of creative ways to let your feelings out mid blow out sucks, that'd be a notable improvement from the website.
3. You can't ban people from threads/the entirety of it. Unless it's just spam or something.- If I pay for something you can't take it back from me. This is essential.

Reaction Score
I don’t want the app, but would gladly donate $5 for the site on a fund raising platform

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I use my deck top most of the time, but to stay on here I would gladly pay $15.00 a year!
But please give @Dove a discount for all the injuries he got from spying on all those recruits for us ;)
Thanks for the shout out sonofa!! Means a lot.

The near gangrenous knee.
Falling out of tree.
Scraping my back on a jagged ac vent tube.
Getting sprayed in the face by a ruptured sewer pipe.
Getting hit by a scooter.
Slipping on some ice.
Getting wedged between some fence boards.
Losing a $2300 Leica telescope.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
If the server logs are accurate, 100,000 people a month visit the 'yard. If everyone bought in to this new revenue stream, I'd be willing to drop the fee to $10/year.

Maybe consider something like Patreon? It would provide a more predictable and ongoing revenue stream than a one-time purchase of an app.

The psychology of the market is weird. No one wants to pay $15 for an app (myself included), but I'm sure many people here would pony up $5-10 per month as site patrons (including me), especially if it also came with some sweet schwag.

Patreon on Wikipedia

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't really want an app but I would pay. Just make donating members names gold or something. Like the UConn women cptv days.

Already got 590 trophy points man. What do I need gold status for?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I voted 'No' but that's because I don't care about the app. Voted before I read the thread though. I'd pay $15 if the site's having revenue problems. No big deal.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind paying for a hole insurance for those times when you just can’t help being an a hole. Many of us have been there, usually after a major beatdown against an inferior team, or after a couple of nightcaps, and we just can’t control what comes out of our mouth/keyboard. This annual insurance would help mitigate against said risk while allowing continued and unfettered participation while contributing ongoing money streams to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom