Votes: 91 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm currently working on a mobile app and need to gauge how much interest there would be before committing too much time and money.

With this in mind, would you be willing to pay a fee (probably around $15) for access to a mobile app for this site?

One selling point - minimal to no ads depending on how the price is structured.

I'm not looking for a commitment, just looking to guage interest at this point.

So... bottom line - answer the poll, please, even if you are not interested.

Reaction Score
I get so many annoying ads on my mobile phone, I'd look at 15 bucks as a bargain. I don't see many on the PC, but I almost exclusively view this site on my phone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm on desktop/iPad browser 99% of the time. So wouldn't use it much. But honestly, I'd chip in $15 anyway.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It doesn’t really matter to me whether it’s phone browser or app, so I wouldn’t need to... but I probably would just for the ‘yard sake.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
$15 is steep for an app. Would you be better off at 99 cents with in-app purchase options? Ad-free for x dollars, subscriber status with access to a private forum for x dollars, etc?

$15 dollars would be too much for me for an app and would probably turn away new subscribers. But I would pay 99 cents and would probably upgrade to a $15 subscription for a "value add" like the above.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Ad revenue has crashed, so there aren't many things I'm not considering. One idea is an option of no ads sitewide, with access to a private forum for those who participate. Everything else would stay the same.

I'm not sure it would be worth it, but its being considered.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Pay for a mobile app? yes.
$15? yes. I can see how others would be less than thrilled. $15 for a one-time cost is $1.25/month or $.30/week. Still a bargain. Buy one less 12 pack of macro beer or 2-pack of snobby beer and support the yard.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Pay for a mobile app? yes.
$15? yes. I can see how others would be less than thrilled. $15 for a one-time cost is $1.25/month or $.30/week. Still a bargain. Buy one less 12 pack of macro beer or 2-pack of snobby beer and support the yard.

If the server logs are accurate, 100,000 people a month visit the 'yard. If everyone bought in to this new revenue stream, I'd be willing to drop the fee to $10/year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Tom - I don't buy a ton on Amazon, but I've tried it once or twice through the Boneyard. How's that working out?

As far as the app goes, I would buy it to support the yard, though the mobile web is pretty good in of itself.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think so. Most of my consumption is through desktop.

Plus at this point it's just depressing. Can your app fix that?

The possibilities seem endless:

Click here for a new Men's Basketball coach

Click here to spam Emmert.

Click here to send plays for football in real time.

Click here to see real time pictures of @August_West melting snow for his toilet.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ad revenue has crashed, so there aren't many things I'm not considering. One idea is an option of no ads sitewide, with access to a private forum for those who participate. Everything else would stay the same.

I'm not sure it would be worth it, but its being considered.
Any idea why?

Reaction Score
I'd just give $20+ for annual access - I don't need to get anything beyond what I get on here currently.

I'm on a automotive forum and there are levels of paid membership - well, there's free (hammered with ads) and gold ($100) , silver ($50) and bronze levels ($25) - I have no idea what makes the levels different, but I buy the gold every year because I view the forum often. I also know the guy(s) that run it aren't doing it for a hobby and good for them figuring out how to make some scratch out of it, I don't begrudge them making some coin from the forum - some do, which I always find odd.

Long way to say, if you offer it I'll buy it, just to support the site.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
$15 would be way more than I've ever paid for an app, and I generally think everything online should be free. So, No.

That said, I've come to trust you so much over the years, that if you said the numbers dictated the change, I'd believe you and consider it a just cost for such pleasure & pain. It's cheaper to be a free rider, but if asked I'd pay. So, Yes

Would the Ignore function still work?

CL82

Reaction Score
It's a seller's market and I wont run the ads that pay the most (pop ups, auto on video with sound, etc). And before someone replies that they get these annoying ads, I know - none are authorized.
So same ad volume but lower rates?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Question regarding the ads - do you get $ just by us clicking on them? I always use the Amazon link when i buy stuff on Amazon and would have no problem clicking on the ad banners, but I wouldn't buy anything from them unless it was something I needed...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Question regarding the ads - do you get $ just by us clicking on them? I always use the Amazon link when i buy stuff on Amazon and would have no problem clicking on the ad banners, but I wouldn't buy anything from them unless it was something I needed...

I do not get paid by the click.

Reaction Score
I use my deck top most of the time, but to stay on here I would gladly pay $15.00 a year!
But please give @Dove a discount for all the injuries he got from spying on all those recruits for us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom