MNT's 2024 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2024

Reaction Score
We have talent. Let’s get a manager that can use it.
Exactly. This game was the perfect example. As a USMNT fan, it was incredible and frustrating to watch. The players deserve so much better. But it was as exciting as it gets and a win.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
GGG's biggest problem is player selection. Always has been. If this cup is important than there is no way Scally belongs on the field.

It's also telling that the two key players in the comback where players GGG refuses to play regularly.

On the pitch, the US dominated after the goal like we haven't seen. Playing direct, pushing forward, generating chances that we clearly lack the quality to finish.

Musah isn't our 6 but with Adams out it's fine. I'm intrigued playing McK at left back but that is Dest's spot. The midfield and attacking roles are getting crowded with little chance of players separating themselves before 26. All the makings of a broken locker room. This is why GG needs to go.

Reyna needs to be in the middle and Wright needs an extended run. He and Pepi are the two best finishers.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
GGG's biggest problem is player selection. Always has been. If this cup is important than there is no way Scally belongs on the field.

It's also telling that the two key players in the comback where players GGG refuses to play regularly.

On the pitch, the US dominated after the goal like we haven't seen. Playing direct, pushing forward, generating chances that we clearly lack the quality to finish.

Musah isn't our 6 but with Adams out it's fine. I'm intrigued playing McK at left back but that is Dest's spot. The midfield and attacking roles are getting crowded with little chance of players separating themselves before 26. All the makings of a broken locker room. This is why GG needs to go.

Reyna needs to be in the middle and Wright needs an extended run. He and Pepi are the two best finishers.
Who you want there?

Reaction Score
BTW, Adams seemed really pissed when GB subbed him out in overtime. Really pissed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
BTW, Adams seemed really pissed when GB subbed him out in overtime. Really pissed.
Yeah, I don't think GGG really had a choice.

Reaction Score
Adams is on a minutes restriction so I can't blame G3 for that one.
Needing an own goal to tie at the buzzer against maybe half of Jamaica's best players, yeah I blame him for that.

Reaction Score
We needed an own goal and Jamaica whiffing Wondo style on an open net to get to extra time. We essentially lost the match. GGG should be out now.

Reaction Score

They need a coach that doesn’t over complicate and just encourages them to ball out.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well they looked better last night. Not great, but better. I guess having players who can actually trap and pass the ball helps. (Ream, Adams, Dest, Reyna)

Even if it didn't look great, it's still nice to beat Mexico. Dos a cero.

Reaction Score
I switched over after the UConn game. It was halftime. USA led 1-0 on a Adams goal from distance.

USA dominated the second half until Reyna scored on a deep rebound of free kick. At that point Mexico got desperate and their only offense was long high bouncing kicks. The got a couple of chances from that strategy but nothing else. The 2-0 score reflected the play.

Reaction Score
say what you will about Gggggg, his record against Mexico is commendable. man oh man do I love DOS A CERO!!!!!

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The left side of the squad is miles ahead of the right both ends. Are we really going to rely on an 80 year old Tim Ream?

Probably, since he has been our best defender for 3 years now. Richards and Dest need to be more reliable defenders and distributors.

Wright Pulisic and Reyna look like a very strong attack combo. CP needs to finish more of his chances.

It's going to be very hard to dislodge last nights starting XI if in form.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The left side of the squad is miles ahead of the right both ends. Are we really going to rely on an 80 year old Tim Ream?

Probably, since he has been our best defender for 3 years now. Richards and Dest need to be more reliable defenders and distributors.

Wright Pulisic and Reyna look like a very strong attack combo. CP needs to finish more of his chances.

It's going to be very hard to dislodge last nights starting XI if in form.
If we could find a RB we could move Dest up to the wing. And we could really use a CB that is decent on the ball instead of Richards (it was scary every time they passed to him). (don't know if we have either)

Reaction Score
Our defense is better with two Robinsons. I still think that we missed Miles Robinson in the WC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It sucks rooting for a team when you have no faith at all in the people in charge. Like UConn FB coaches (Pre-JM) and Red Sox Directors of Operations. You can't root for failure but how else do you get rid of them? I can only hope Gregg does what he pretty much did today going forward. Call up the best players you can, put the best of the best in the positions they play the best and try not screw it up too badly.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It sucks rooting for a team when you have no faith at all in the people in charge. Like UConn FB coaches (Pre-JM) and Red Sox Directors of Operations. You can't root for failure but how else do you get rid of them? I can only hope Gregg does what he pretty much did today going forward. Call up the best players you can, put the best of the best in the positions they play the best and try not screw it up too badly.
Yeah, that about all we can hope for.

Reaction Score
If you knew what you were taking about then you would know how meaningless the January events are.

Old man shouting at cloud.
You accuse me of not caring, and then state, “how meaningless the January events are.”

Are you implying I should care about “meaningless games?”

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Our defense is better with two Robinsons. I still think that we missed Miles Robinson in the WC.

2021 MRob, absolutely. Not sure yet if 2024 MRob is close to that level. From what I've seen of Richards he has a chance to be good but he is not as sound as he needs to be in several areas. I have serious doubts Ream can maintain this form for 2 years. It would be nice, but a long way to go.

Reaction Score
You accuse me of not caring, and then state, “how meaningless the January events are.”

Are you implying I should care about “meaningless games?”

I’m not questioning your interest I’m questioning your awareness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom