MLS 2019 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

MLS 2019

Reaction Score
Well, it's official. Now, Charlotte just needs to put a logo, kit, and team together while modifying Bank of America stadium to host soccer events. I hope for Charlotte's sake, it works out.

Raleigh's MLS hopes also end with this move, so I wonder what they will do with their proposed downtown soccer stadium?

The only real shock was Garber saying "This is likely the last expansion team in Major League Soccer." As I don't believe it for a minute, especially with additional potnetial billionaire owners waiting in the wings in Phoenix and Las Vegas, especially. Maybe MLS will take a pause and fix some key internal issues, such as the MLS pay-scale, stadium issues in Boston, etc.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How does this team still exist?

How fitting for the franchise who drafted the biggest jerk to ever wear aUConn soccer uniform - Ryan Cordeiro

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Other than the fact that it has poor access, little parking and is surrounded by brownfields that make the Colt Park area seem gentrified by comparison, Red Bull Arena is great. I don't know if they still do because the Red Bulls don't have too many capacity crowds, but when it first opened I saw a sign in a Newark parking garage that said it was a Red Bulls lot and where to wait for the shuttle. Who wants to take a shuttle from Newark to go to a match?

That should give you an idea of the problem NYFC and the Revs face. The Red Bulls looked for years and a Harrison, NJ brownfield was the best location they could find. You can expect to see Gillette and Yankee stadiums on the MLS schedule for the foreseeable future.

View attachment 40601
The fan base for NYFC and the Red Bulls are like night and day. The Red Bull organization has regressed
Kraft aside, the Revs have had a good deal of success
While I detest the crap hole city, Philly has a great side, a gvery good coach in Curtin and one heck of a development system

Reaction Score
The fan base for NYFC and the Red Bulls are like night and day. The Red Bull organization has regressed
Kraft aside, the Revs have had a good deal of success
While I detest the crap hole city, Philly has a great side, a gvery good coach in Curtin and one heck of a development system
NYCFC was dying until they caught lightning in a bottle and won the championship last year. From the telecasts it appears that this year they have drawn signficantly better. I went to a game in late July or early August of 2021 where they beat Orlando before a crowd that couldn't have been more than 5,000. We were sitting about 10 rows up between midfield and the top of the box and there couldn't have been more than a few dozen in our section. It was pathetic.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
NYCFC was dying until they caught lightning in a bottle and won the championship last year. From the telecasts it appears that this year they have drawn signficantly better. I went to a game in late July or early August of 2021 where they beat Orlando before a crowd that couldn't have been more than 5,000. We were sitting about 10 rows up between midfield and the top of the box and there couldn't have been more than a few dozen in our section. It was pathetic.
NYFC vs Orlando in 2021 - I would expect that size crowd - at least you had premier seating
But as I said, presently, NYFC vs RedBulls is day vs night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom