MLS’ Toronto FC playing at the Rent this fall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MLS’ Toronto FC playing at the Rent this fall

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
this is getting dumb. I am serious about corona. But 20% capacity outside is Not dangerous.

I *seriously* wonder if this is about something else...

What happens if CT couldn't draw 8000 fans for an MLS team during a pandemic? There could be longer-term impact that can easily be avoided right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

What happens if CT couldn't draw 8000 fans for an MLS team during a pandemic? There could be longer-term impact that can easily be avoided right now.
Nothing. There was an MLS game at The Rent in 2017 that didn’t draw flies. And yet here they are again.

Reaction Score
Lol so MLS can play at UConn’s football stadium but UConn can’t?

A study was done showing that Covid is only transmitted by College Football Players who belong to certain conferences or play in certain states. Probably.

Reaction Score

I would gather it more has to do with operating a stadium at 20% capacity still requires parking attendants, security, staffing throughout stadium, where an empty stadium only requires critical staff. I would say it is a 100% money move if they don’t allow fans.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Nothing. There was an MLS game at The Rent in 2017 that didn’t draw flies. And yet here they are again.

"Hey, where do we go if we want nobody in the stands?"

You don't see a perception issue here? I do.

Reaction Score
Toronto FC expects to play six matches at home away from home in East Hartford, may have soccer fans after the first couple of games.

Reaction Score
Toronto FC expects to play six matches at home away from home in East Hartford, may have soccer fans after the first couple of games.

I hope they can let some fans. Too much effort in trying to prevent and numbers imo. Need to try to live with it while making an effort to limit the spread.

Reaction Score
I hope they can let some fans. Too much effort in trying to prevent and numbers imo. Need to try to live with it while making an effort to limit the spread.

I doubt they'd get a large number of fans for that anyway, so odds are they'll allow some fans. Just as long as they do it right & stay responsible it'll be fine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Six games now officially scheduled at The Rent.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Canadian announcer pronounced the pitch "brilliant".

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@Butch, Toronto is playing Brass Bonanza after their goals in The Rent. The Whale lives on!

Reaction Score
They never went away, they'll always exist in our hearts.
Newer NHL teams are coming out with better logos and colors. Even the Seattle Kraken. Should have been called the Sockeyes or Sasquatch.

Our new major league team is in the WNBA. Time to change the Hartford teams' colors to match the Sun.

The state helped the NHL move the damn team.

Reaction Score
this is getting dumb. I am serious about corona. But 20% capacity outside is Not dangerous.

It's not the folks in the stands that is the risk, its the line to get in, the lines at the restrooms and concession stands, and how to continuously sanitize high-traffic areas during such an event.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's not the folks in the stands that is the risk, its the line to get in, the lines at the restrooms and concession stands, and how to continuously sanitize high-traffic areas during such an event.

...especially with the El Al level of security at the Rent. It's absurd (and likely a grift hole for the CRDA).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...especially with the El Al level of security at the Rent. It's absurd (and likely a grift hole for the CRDA).
It's different at soccer games. Security knows they only get a fraction of the problem children FB brings.

Reaction Score
Toronto FC will allow fans into Rentschler Stadium for Nov. 1 game against Inter Miami FC; masks and social distancing will be mandated

Fans will be in attendance for Toronto FC’s final home game at Rentschler Stadium on Nov. 1, the team and state announced on Friday. Toronto, a Major League Soccer team, cannot play games in Canada due to government sanctioned COVID-19 restrictions, and has played three home games without fans in East Hartford already.

"We’ve consulted with state and local public health officials and as long as certain health protocols are met, we believe that having a limited audience can safely be done, especially considering that this is an outdoor stadium,” Gov. Ned Lamont said in a statement. “I look forward to the day when we can fill the Rent back up to capacity. I appreciate Toronto FC and Major League Soccer for working with our administration so that we could make this happen.”

Attendance will be capped at 5,000 fans, which is just over 13 percent of Rentschler Stadium’s 38,000-person capacity. There will be two price points, with seating available in the upper and lower bowls of the stadium. Fans will be required to wear proper face coverings and adhere to social distancing policies. Tickets go on sale Monday at 10 a.m.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cheaper tickets than Hartford Athletic! For the top tier.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Brisk early sales. Pretty much all the seats available between the boxes up and down sold in the first hour. I haven't heard but I imagine this would bode well for a playoff game. Toronto hasn't lost since they moved to The Rent.

Reaction Score
Is this the end of Hartford FC's run at the Rent? Had to lose to an expansion team at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom