MJL & MR ARUK YouTube | Page 3 | The Boneyard

MJL & MR ARUK YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was how many years ago? Cable TV, for which people pay, became the norm years ago. Rabbit ears worked for a while, then it was announced that you might as well take the antennas off your house because networks no longer used that technology, meaning no more freebies.

The fact of the matter is, if you want to watch TV, you have to pay for it whether it’s cable, satellite, or a la carte streaming. people demanding to see free UConn games from SNY is like demanding to see free boxing matches on pay-per-view once it’s aired.
FYI - If you live near a large city, you can still get a number of High Definition "over the air" FREE TV stations like CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and others as long as you have some sort of cheap antenna (from Walmart Amazon, etc.) and a High Definition TV with a digital tuner.

Reaction Score
That was how many years ago? Cable TV, for which people pay, became the norm years ago. Rabbit ears worked for a while, then it was announced that you might as well take the antennas off your house because networks no longer used that technology, meaning no more freebies.

The fact of the matter is, if you want to watch TV, you have to pay for it whether it’s cable, satellite, or a la carte streaming. people demanding to see free UConn games from SNY is like demanding to see free boxing matches on pay-per-view once it’s aired.

I had to have a roof antenna because that was the only way to watch the 4 stations that were available. Cable offered a long list of stations and a clear picture. I can still watch over the air TV for free.
You take your argument too far. It isn't live TV that they are asking to be paid for. I agree that SNY has rights to their stream but I subscribe to YOUtube TV and I can tape anything they show. When SNY was on youtubetv I had a complete library of SNY games to watch whenever it suited me. It cost me nothing other than what I paid youtubetv. Cable DVR service allows taping of anything for replay later. So SNY was tacitly giving me permission to invite my friends over to watch their old games.

Furthermore, advertising is still a major source of revenue for all producers. Youtube asks extra money to not have ads to watch. SNY made a decision to raise their price and toutube tv said no and dropped them. Now, I'll bet that SNY's viewing audience has declined and as a result their ads cost less and their revenue has declined. (I watch foxsports now) and someone in their management is just being vindictive. They are perfectly within their rights as you say but why start now after allowing it for years? Weren't they losing revenue during the last 5-10 years?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I had to have a roof antenna because that was the only way to watch the 4 stations that were available. Cable offered a long list of stations and a clear picture. I can still watch over the air TV for free.
You take your argument too far. It isn't live TV that they are asking to be paid for. I agree that SNY has rights to their stream but I subscribe to YOUtube TV and I can tape anything they show. When SNY was on youtubetv I had a complete library of SNY games to watch whenever it suited me. It cost me nothing other than what I paid youtubetv. Cable DVR service allows taping of anything for replay later. So SNY was tacitly giving me permission to invite my friends over to watch their old games.

Furthermore, advertising is still a major source of revenue for all producers. Youtube asks extra money to not have ads to watch. SNY made a decision to raise their price and toutube tv said no and dropped them. Now, I'll bet that SNY's viewing audience has declined and as a result their ads cost less and their revenue has declined. (I watch foxsports now) and someone in their management is just being vindictive. They are perfectly within their rights as you say but why start now after allowing it for years? Weren't they losing revenue during the last 5-10 years?
You make a good point about the ability to DVR anything that you can watch. Not sure why copyrighted content (that I am guessing is all their programming) can be DVRed. Maybe it is because you can only save it for a specific time limit? I have Hulu Live and I can only keep a recording for 9 months. No idea if they offer the ability to retain them indefinitely.

Reaction Score
This question may have been answered, and I apologize if it has been answered previously. I will miss Saturday’s DePaul game. I have Spectrum here in CT. Is there a replay by SNY or am I able to get it On Demand, or is it on UConn+? Appreciate any feedback.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This question may have been answered, and I apologize if it has been answered previously. I will miss Saturday’s DePaul game. I have Spectrum here in CT. Is there a replay by SNY or am I able to get it On Demand, or is it on UConn+? Appreciate any feedback.
DVR it you have it. If not, SNY usually replays the games at least once. Last week's St John's game was replayed at 9 pm the same day and then the next day in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom