MJL & MR ARUK YouTube | The Boneyard

MJL & MR ARUK YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Can anyone shed any light on why MJL can no longer post on YouTube and MR ARUK can?

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
My understanding was that MJL had permission from SNY to post on YouTube as long as he didn’t make money from doing it. Was that incorrect.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why would SNY give content away for free?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Calling him out for it on here will probably get him violated...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Perhaps as a goodwill gesture to people who have no ability to watch SNY any other way
They exist to make a profit. SNY has to pay cameramen, Meg and Alan, production staff, transportation, the Big East for the right to air the game, etc, etc. They can’t survive spending money to produce the game then giving the game away for free.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Mr Aruk is, apparently, bootlegging from India.
One thing that I just don't get, and could be because I am technically challenged when it comes to using a VPN or any of the other hi-tech remedies posted on the BY, is that Mr. Aruk appears to be a SNY subscriber. I watched the replay of the Providence game and it certainly contained what appeared to me to be SNY specific content that was not on the Fox Sports app version.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Why would SNY give content away for free?
It would be understandable if SNY were offering a competitive paid service to realize revenue from game replays -- then of course they would not and should not tolerate free competition. But that's not the case, so it seems like poor customer relations to prevent viewers from seeing game replays if SNY has no intention of offering them through any format -- paid or free.

The fact that other broadcasters such as ESPN, FOX, and CBSSN have not chosen to enforce their copyrights against users who are not making any money suggests that they see the issue differently.
They exist to make a profit. SNY has to pay cameramen, Meg and Alan, production staff, transportation, the Big East for the right to air the game, etc, etc. they can’t survive spending money on the game then giving the game away for free.
They seem to be making enough money through advertising during the games to make a tidy profit on the broadcasts for the last 10 years or so, despite paying UConn a sizable fee for the broadcast rights. If they weren't, then why would they continue the broadcasts?

But they are currently making no money at all on replays of the games (unless the 2 AM replays that they broadcast garner significant advertising revenue, which I doubt), so it costs them nothing on a marginal basis to allow MJL243 to show game replays.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Maybe UConn should insist on them being able to post the games for replay on their website 24 hours after the game in the next contract negotiations with SNY.

Reaction Score
One thing that I just don't get, and could be because I am technically challenged when it comes to using a VPN or any of the other hi-tech remedies posted on the BY, is that Mr. Aruk appears to be a SNY subscriber. I watched the replay of the Providence game and it certainly contained what appeared to me to be SNY specific content that was not on the Fox Sports app version.
I don't get it either. But then I am on the west coast and know nothing about SNY, I mean noth-ing.

Reaction Score
Is SNY contractually forbidden from offering streaming outside of their region? I'm in Maryland, and I can get the games on Fox Sports, but nothing else (like the Geno Auriemma Show).

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Is SNY contractually forbidden from offering streaming outside of their region? I'm in Maryland, and I can get the games on Fox Sports, but nothing else (like the Geno Auriemma Show).
I'm in louisiana. I have to buy the regional sports package with sny on DirecTV.

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn should insist on them being able to post the games for replay on their website 24 hours after the game in the next contract negotiations with SNY.
I hope you are being sarcastic

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perhaps as a goodwill gesture to people who have no ability to watch SNY any other way
I like the way you think!

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I know this isn't really about SNY replays, but after the Providence game, the replay was "available" on the Fox Sports app the next day. I say "available" because during the replay, in the 2nd quarter it switched to a different replay (WWE). I was still logged into the app so I had no idea what the reason was or how to prevent the switch.
As of this moment, the St.John’s game is not listed in the Fox Sports app's Replay links.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
SNY did offer a way to watch SNY UConn games live by negotiating a deal with Fox Sports to stream the games via the Fox Sports app. The way I look at is nowadays the vast majority of cable companies, satellite companies and streaming services offer the local Fox network and FS1 as part of their basic tv package and therefore would cost the fans nothing to use the Fox Sports app.

Reaction Score
SNY did offer a way to watch SNY UConn games live by negotiating a deal with Fox Sports to stream the games via the Fox Sports app. The way I look at is nowadays the vast majority of cable companies, satellite companies and streaming services offer the local Fox network and FS1 as part of their basic tv package and therefore would cost the fans nothing to use the Fox Sports app.
I went to download the Fox Sports app on my tablet and then learned I could have it free for 5 days, after which it was $45 per month. No way.

Reaction Score
I went to download the Fox Sports app on my tablet and then learned I could have it free for 5 days, after which it was $45 per month. No way.
It costs nothing if you already pay for cable and your provider offers FoxSports, which is pretty much all of them. Just sign in with the credentials for your cable. YouTubeTV also counts as a cable provider -- that's how I sign in.

Reaction Score
It costs nothing if you already pay for cable and your provider offers FoxSports, which is pretty much all of them. Just sign in with the credentials for your cable. YouTubeTV also counts as a cable provider -- that's how I sign in.
In many of the smaller markets, if there is a regional provider that does not have business relationship with FoxSports you cannot typically get the live feed. Many of us have contacted FoxSports and asked for a fee-based subscription but appears its not lucrative enough to provide. I usually can eventually find other alternatives but would gladly pay for something more convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom