Mizzou Away Game Travel Plans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mizzou Away Game Travel Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad to see others are travelling as well! Flying into KC thursday, hoping to get to Chiefs Broncos and Sporting Kc on Friday.

11am start is tough, anyone else making the day of game trip from Kansas City?

Just as an FYI, there is bridge reconstruction taking place on eastbound I-70 about 45 minutes west of Columbia. A lot of our fans will be making the same drive that morning so there will be quite a bit of traffic I would imagine. You might want to factor in an extra 20-30 minutes for your drive.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
OK, for you BYers wanting to do a little pre-game tailgaiting, albeit humbly, we need to do some coordination. Since I have a parking pass in A Lot which is a chip shot from the visitor's side of the stadium, I will volunteer to bring in hard to carry items like a cooler, ice and beverages. I'll be driving in from a hotel an hour east of campus and can pick up a disposable cooler and whatever beverages people want. It'll mean a Walmart superstore run the night before but I'm good for that and I've already got one mapped out on my way.

So, just let me know what you'd like me to pick up and, assuming they have it in stock, I'll bring it to A Lot where I hope to be parked by 9am. I think the disposable coolers only hold a 24 pack so keep your requests reasonable.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'll have some Husky balloons flying above my rental car in A Lot, which reminds me I'll need to pick up a small helium tank on my WalMart run. 4 days and counting!

Reaction Score
I saw someone mention leaving at halftime for drinks. In the SEC, re-entry is not allowed. So make sure not to leave or else you won't be allowed back into the game. This has been a rude awakening for Mizzou fans. Running to the tailgate at halftime for a few beers was a tradition in the Big 12. However, it is very easy to carry a flask into the game, if you are so inclined. It is a shame the game is at 11. You can't truly get a full grasp of the game day experience in Columbia unless you visit for an afternoon or night game. There will definitely be plenty of tailgaters. But it won't be as raucous as it normally gets.

Reaction Score
Sounds good to me although Harpo's website says they don't open until 11am on Saturdays. Maybe they open earlier on game days? I think we may want to find another spot that we know opens at least by 9am. BTW, I'll have a full size rental car that seats 5, and I have an A Lot parking pass. A Lot is adjacent to the stadium on the visitors' side. So, depending on how far those free parking garages are from the field, I'm happy to give up to 4 people a ride to the stadium after our "tailgate", wherever it is.

A Lot! Fancy. I've been going to Mizzou games for more than 30 years and I've never parked in A Lot.

You won't have a problem getting a beverage downtown before the game, say starting around 7 a.m. Heidelberg will definitely have a breakfast buffet where booze will be available; others that I'm sure will be open: Harpo's, Fieldhouse/Willie's (two bars under one roof), Shiloh, Bengals. If you want to plan something in advance, I'd suggest Googling till you find one you like, then calling for details.

For those of you who want to have fun downtown instead of tailgating, there is a shuttle from the bars to the stadium. Parking in municipal decks is free; shuttle is $1.50. Times will be updated mid-week.

https://www.comoconnect.org/services/football-routes/

Glad to see so many of you are making your way to Missouri. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

cttxus

Reaction Score
A Lot! Fancy. I've been going to Mizzou games for more than 30 years and I've never parked in A Lot.

You won't have a problem getting a beverage downtown before the game, say starting around 7 a.m. Heidelberg will definitely have a breakfast buffet where booze will be available; others that I'm sure will be open: Harpo's, Fieldhouse/Willie's (two bars under one roof), Shiloh, Bengals. If you want to plan something in advance, I'd suggest Googling till you find one you like, then calling for details.

For those of you who want to have fun downtown instead of tailgating, there is a shuttle from the bars to the stadium. Parking in municipal decks is free; shuttle is $1.50. Times will be updated mid-week.

https://www.comoconnect.org/services/football-routes/

Glad to see so many of you are making your way to Missouri. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Great information! Thanks! So, you're sure the establishments above will be open prior to the game, say 9am? I'll also call to confirm. What about parking nearby any of the ones you listed? Heildelberg sounds great, especially if they serve both breakfast and beverages by 9am. Not sure if the other places will have both at that hour, though.

Reaction Score
Great information! Thanks! So, you're sure the establishments above will be open prior to the game, say 9am? I'll also call to confirm. What about parking nearby any of the ones you listed? Heildelberg sounds great, especially if they serve both breakfast and beverages by 9am. Not sure if the other places will have both at that hour, though.

The 'berg, as it's known, opens at 8:30 with a breakfast buffet.

http://www.theheidelberg.com

(Maybe I was being a little overzealous with my 7 a.m. estimate - although I'm sure there will be a place or two open at 8).

The 'berg is where I would recommend if y'all want to get together before the game to eat and drink. There are other strictly breakfast places that might have better food, but they won't have the booze selection.

There is on-street parking around 'the berg, as well as municipal garages nearby. You won't have a problem parking near the restaurant.

I wouldn't linger at breakfast though; while it is a short drive from the 'berg to the stadium, the game will be a sell-out and traffic will be heavy, especially since you're headed to A Lot.

cttxus

Reaction Score
BTW, forking over the mucho dineros for the A Lot pass was mostly a function of needing a quick getaway after the game. I have a 5:30 flight from STL back to DFW.

Reaction Score
BTW, forking over the mucho dineros for the A Lot pass was mostly a function of needing a quick getaway after the game. I have a 5:30 flight from STL back to DFW.

5:30 will be pushing it with a rental-car return, but you should be OK. Check here during/after the game for traffic updates:

https://twitter.com/MizzouGameday

It is counter-intuitive, but they are asking everyone to head west on Stadium Blvd. after the game (check your map).

http://mutigers.com/news/2015/8/28/I70Express.aspx

Just let me know if I can help with anything else. Outside seeing my wife naked, there's almost nothing I'd rather do than travel to away football games — and I know how difficult planning for parking/food/booze/etc. can be.

Also: give some thought to eating/drinking in A Lot, which opens at 7. It would be a shame to spend all that money and not get to enjoy it.

Last edited:

cttxus

Reaction Score
OK, packing my bag and leaving for the business trip KC, STL and Columbia in a couple hours. Husky gear and tix are safely in the bag!

Anyone going to the game who wants to hook up pre-game just PM me and I'll give you my mobile # and we can coordinate from there. I'm planning to be on campus/ parked in A Lot no later than 9am. Unfortunately, my Husky balloon order didn't ship from the co-op yet so I won't have those flying over my rental car. But A Lot is fairly small so once I know the make and color of my rental car, which I pick up is STL Friday afternoon, I'll re-post that info back here.

Tailgate takers or not, I'll try posting some pics from A Lot pre-game so everyone can get a feel for the Mizzou tailgate atmosphere. Hopefully, I won't be sitting there alone in my rental car putting down luke warm breakfast tacos and brews like some kind of stalker. Anyway, 3 days and counting. Go Huskies!

BTW, Jumbo you seem like a really decent guy so feel free to come by my very humble tailgate, with or without fellow Mizzou fans.

UConn-Mizzou 091615.jpg

Reaction Score
BTW, Jumbo you seem like a really decent guy so feel free to come by my very humble tailgate, with or without fellow Mizzou fans.

Have fun and thanks for the offer! But I live out of state and this game is not on my personal schedule. You need anything else, just send me a note.

Reaction Score
The Mizzou fans have been great sharing their gameday tips on parking, restaurants, etc.

This time tomorrow we'll be in Columbia...looking for you, fellow UConn fans. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
The Mizzou fans have been great sharing their gameday tips on parking, restaurants, etc.

This time tomorrow we'll be in Columbia...looking for you, fellow UConn fans. Go Huskies!

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I have already arrived, but have to work tomorrow. I will be around to meet up if folks are out tomorrow night!

Reaction Score
Layover in Atlanta airport before flight to St. Louis. Varsity for lunch, classic Atlanta burger joint. Not the same ambiance as the original, but it's good.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
@Jumbo Pinkel you're making it somewhat difficult for this Jayhawk to hate you and Mizzou. :)

Should be a great experience for all the UConn folks going. I'll be watching at home.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to drive up to the Game... Got my two tickets Section C row 5 :)

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Layover in Atlanta airport before flight to St. Louis. Varsity for lunch, classic Atlanta burger joint. Not the same ambiance as the original, but it's good.

Ahhh... memories of the GT road trip! Chili Cheese Dog and Onion Rings please.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Many chili cheese dogs met their maker one weekend back in 06.
Many

Reaction Score
Was there any consensus on a tailgate or pre/post bar options for the game Saturday. We are driving up from KC around 6 AM (hoping to get there by 8:00 am) and staying at an AirBNB about a mile from the stadium. We are good to walk some drinks over to a tailgate if needed. Being as this is my first UConn Football game in 10 years I would like to enjoy it with other fellow Huskies. We should probably turn A lot into spring weekend X Lot for the pre-game.

cttxus

Reaction Score
Was there any consensus on a tailgate or pre/post bar options for the game Saturday. We are driving up from KC around 6 AM (hoping to get there by 8:00 am) and staying at an AirBNB about a mile from the stadium. We are good to walk some drinks over to a tailgate if needed. Being as this is my first UConn Football game in 10 years I would like to enjoy it with other fellow Huskies. We should probably turn A lot into spring weekend X Lot for the pre-game.
I've invited all BYers to swing by my very humble tailgate in A Lot anytime after 9am. A Lot is adjacent the stadium on the NW (visitors') side. I'm on a business trip so the "tailgate" will consist of a Styrofoam cooler full of beer and/or soda in the trunk of my rental car. I'm happy to stock that with whatever beverage anyone wants, and you can pay me back at the tailgate. I will post back here later tomorrow once I know what make/model and color my rental car is so you'll know how to find me. Shouldn't be hard though, as A Lot is relatively small. PM me and we can also swap mobile phone #s, too, which will help you find where I'm parked.

Reaction Score
Greetings from Mizzou! Walked around Faurot Field, talked to some of the very friendly stadium staff. Took the "Tiger Walk," over the bridge between the athletic center and the stadium. Hope to see the team this afternoon if they do a walk-through.

Stopped by the local grocery store and saw the display below. Someday we'll see UConn displays like this in Stop & Shop.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak