Misuse of Paige | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Misuse of Paige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree with Geno- it's an "immature team". Imo, it has a lot of growing up to do. Personally, I hope the "butt-slap atmosphere" of this season never returns. By that I refer to both Paige/Geno and Arizona/UConn.

Reaction Score
Geno’s passing game offense somehow hasn’t worked last 4 years against the physical teams in the final four, and he doesn’t seem to have a Plan B in this situation. This year’s team was inexperienced, lacked offensive center, had inconsistent scoring except Paige. While this may explain this year’s problems in the final four, not sure how to explain the other final four losses.
But next year, there is more scoring and a deeper squad. I loved how Stanford uses practically everyone during the game- I’d be a happy teammate on that squad knowing I’m going to get into the games and not wait for a little garbage time.
As successful as Geno has been, losing in four straight FFs may be evidence he needs to work himself on coaching strategies too. At least try different people at center sometimes.

Reaction Score
I agree with Geno- it's an "immature team". Imo, it has a lot of growing up to do. Personally, I hope the "butt-slap atmosphere" of this season never returns. By that I refer to both Paige/Geno and Arizona/UConn.
Yes, we should ban 19 year olds from acting 19.
We should also have a rule, that NO FUN is allowed...period.
You should be locked in your rooms for 9 months (Oh yeah, they already did that).
BB should be more like boot camp on Paris Island ala Full Metal Jacket.
Maybe its not the kids being too young or the coaches being too old????

Reaction Score
The offense that Geno runs works well in the regular season, but falls flat in the FF4. Why? Because we are up against equally big and more physical teams.
I agree with the original post. Why does Paige give up the ball to AE or ONO at the top of the key, only to see them struggle through the shot clock to get it back to her?
In these games, the back cuts, low post points don't seem to be there, because we can't seem to make a layup in big, physical games.
So, what do you do? You isolate your best offensive players, Paige, then CW, then Evina. Get everybody away from the basket, and give them the room needed to make a 1-1 move . If help comes, you dish to the three point line for an open three.
This is not how Paige likes to play but would be the most effective for her. She needs to go the James Harden school of 1-1 basketball.
She needs to learn pump fakes, jab steps so that if she is crowded she gets the defender of their feet, and goes by, or if they stay back shoot the three over them. She is one of the best three point shooters in the country and she only took three last night.

Reaction Score
Geno’s passing game offense somehow hasn’t worked last 4 years against the physical teams in the final four, and he doesn’t seem to have a Plan B in this situation. This year’s team was inexperienced, lacked offensive center, had inconsistent scoring except Paige. While this may explain this year’s problems in the final four, not sure how to explain the other final four losses.
But next year, there is more scoring and a deeper squad. I loved how Stanford uses practically everyone during the game- I’d be a happy teammate on that squad knowing I’m going to get into the games and not wait for a little garbage time.
As successful as Geno has been, losing in four straight FFs may be evidence he needs to work himself on coaching strategies too. At least try different people at center sometimes.
Every time we do not win it all, many of boneyarders come out with the most ridiculous reasons- the coach, the schemes, Paige should be the point. How about the other teams that beat us were better, especially against 3 freshman starters. If you watch the game again you will see that having the center come out to the circle is to free up fir the cutters or drives to the hoop. There were 12 to 16 points of missed layups coach didn’t miss any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom