Missouri vs Georgia - 3/02/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Missouri vs Georgia - 3/02/18

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wonder if a certain lawsuit was on the minds of the SEC and the refs for this game????

Reaction Score
Missouri athletics was marred by racial strife in the recent past. The football team voted to go on strike & not play a scheduled game. The alumni
became livid & recommended all not to attend any games. Their were multi departmental resignations. Freshman enrollment took a big hit. All this hatred seems to have spilled over into their conference play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I watched most of the 3rd and all of the 4th Q. A few observations FWIW

I CANNOT stand the diaper girl look. There are numerous players who wear it - at least 1 from UCF, Billings from UCLA, Cunningham, and many others in WCBB. I simply do not get it. What are these kids trying to achieve? This is not beach blanket bingo, so they can't possibly be trying to show off their legs. The shorts are not made of cardboard or even denim, so they can't be chafing the legs. So what is the point? IMHO it's awful.

For the game, Mizzou actually runs a LOT of offense. Say what you will about the physicality, but their players are almost always moving and working hard to get open. I was actually impressed. They may not have the most talent in the SEC, but they do run among the best offense so kudos to them. I think they only lose 1 starter for next year (IIRC from another thread), and honestly, I'd tab then as SEC favorites next season. MSU loses 4 starters, Tenn loses 2 (their 2 best players), and SC loses 2, including Wilson.

Georgia, on the other hand, runs literally no offense. While Mizzou often was able to get a wide open player right under the basket for a layup attempt (they missed a bunch of bunnies), Georgia was completely unable to get a single person open by running offense, at least for the 17 minutes of basketball I watched. Watching them on offense was like watching a pickup game where the players literally had NEVER played with each other before. It was embarrassing - anyone who watched the game and "came away impressed" is either a SEC/Georgia homer, blind, or a combo of both.

Their defense OTOH was intense. Say what you will about the physicality, they were also very active in moving their feet to keep in front of the Mizzou players. And they extended the offense well beyond the 3 point line harassing Mizzou at every turn.

Having said all of that, I simply could not root for Mizzou. Not sure why, but they rub me the wrong way. Maybe it was blond diaper girl, but I was rooting for Georgie. Now if they could only run a shred of offense...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom