Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Just a side note: Robin Pingeton wasn’t widely noticed before she took the UM coaching job after Cindy Stein left. But the fact is, she was a highly successful coach at her alma mater, St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa. She still holds the scoring record there from her playing days as well. From there, she coached with Bill Fennelly at Iowa State when that program was a national powerhouse. After being an assistant at Iowa State, Robin eventually ended up as head coach at Illinois State University. In her last three seasons there, her teams averaged 27 wins and played post-season all three years. She recruited and coached Kristi Cirone, who was the best player you’ve likely never heard of. She was Ionescu before there was Ionescu. And yes, I know what I just said. Another of her top players (tough as 10-penny nails) at Illinois State, Ashleen Bracey is now one of Pingeton’s assistants at Mizzou. Just a dab of background.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
They're a fickle bunch. Any misstep not giving enough praise to UConn can draw their ire at a moments notice. :rolleyes:
Glad you are passing along the wisdom you acquired here ON THE UCONN WEBSITE!. Not that i want to state the obvious...:cool:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I was picking up on some team chemistry issues that concern me for Mississippi State. Check out this clip of Howard fouling out. It looks like she starts mouthing off to Cunningham and then both Scott and McCowan swoop in to shove Howard away and toward the bench.

To me this isn't the kind of team body language you normally see (or would hope to see) when a key player, and their leading scorer for the night, fouls out.

I agree with what others said about the game situation and wanting to keep her from a technical. I don't get a feeling of a chemistry issue. Could be wrong.

On another note, doesn't that look more like a foul on Cunningham than Howard? It's also typical Cunningham to celebrate a player fouling out, right in that player's face.

She's a wonderful ballplayer, but I'm just not into her drama. I very much hope we see them in the SEC Tourney.

Reaction Score
You know, I don't mind the stare down, gal with attitude thing. Gets me kinda pumped. But yeah, I think the first time her shot gets blocked in the Association because she can't shoot outside 5 feet for spit it'll change her perspective.

Reaction Score
It's also typical Cunningham to celebrate a player fouling out, right in that player's face.

I think the whole Missouri team including the bench thought they scored on a continuation on that play.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

I think she's actually going to develop into a decent midrange shooter in the pros. It makes no sense to pull her outside away from the basket on offense in the college game where she can typically be a dominant offensive rebounder.

She has made herself into a very solid FT shooter. Especially so for a big.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I think the whole Missouri team including the bench thought they scored on a continuation on that play.

You're right. I missed that. Glad it wasn't what I thought it was. I think Anriel thought what I thought.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If honesty is appreciated here, I think they’ll both go before Collier. Prominent 6’7 centers don’t come around that often.

Honesty is ALWAYS appreciated. That's why I asked, to get people's unabashed thoughts and opinions on this. ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was picking up on some team chemistry issues that concern me for Mississippi State. Check out this clip of Howard fouling out. It looks like she starts mouthing off to Cunningham and then both Scott and McCowan swoop in to shove Howard away and toward the bench.

To me this isn't the kind of team body language you normally see (or would hope to see) when a key player, and their leading scorer for the night, fouls out.

Having watched a lot of SEC basketball, I'm sure Cunningham was mouthing off first. I'm sure Anriel's teammates didn't want her to get a T in a close game, which is why they pushed her. I sit a few rows behind the opposing head coach at USC games; I'll try and remember to pay attention to their interactions when they come to Columbia.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think she's actually going to develop into a decent midrange shooter in the pros. It makes no sense to pull her outside away from the basket on offense in the college game where she can typically be a dominant offensive rebounder.

She has made herself into a very solid FT shooter. Especially so for a big.

It may make a difference in where she is drafted.

Reaction Score
Kalani with another 8 point, 8 rebound performance tonight. Sorry but taking her or McCowan early in the draft seems like a mistake.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kalani with another 8 point, 8 rebound performance tonight. Sorry but taking her or McCowan early in the draft seems like a mistake.
She played only 17 minutes tonight, this game was out of reach early in the 2nd quarter.

I can assure you that not a single WNBA GM is dropping her down their draft board just because she didn't score or rebound more in a blowout win over Oklahoma.

She and McCowan will both go early in the draft. Players their size don't come around often. Just reality.

Reaction Score
Kalani did not score much today because Oklahoma chose to totally deny her the ball, at the cost of leaving others open. Chloe Jackson responded with an outstanding day. When you have that many weapons, sometimes you don't have to use your primary one all that much. She also played very little in the second half because of the massive lead. Don't judge her effort or ability by her stats in that particular game. She was still very active and involved, but the smart basketball play was to let others do the work while she occupied the defense.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
star-on.png

Mini meltdown on the Mississippi State forum. A big "lol" that last thread.... talk about overboard trolling.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
"Vic must zone sometimes"; sounds like Gamecock fans talking about Dawn.

Reaction Score
She played only 17 minutes tonight, this game was out of reach early in the 2nd quarter.

I can assure you that not a single WNBA GM is dropping her down their draft board just because she didn't score or rebound more in a blowout win over Oklahoma.

She and McCowan will both go early in the draft. Players their size don't come around often. Just reality.
I don’t doubt they will go early. But if they do really well in the W, I’ll be shocked.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don’t doubt they will go early. But if they do really well in the W, I’ll be shocked.
I would love to see a contest between the Boneyard and the WNBA coaches and GMs to see who is better at spotting talent and potential.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Or any team that has an experienced player as tall as they are.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would love to see a contest between the Boneyard and the WNBA coaches and GMs to see who is better at spotting talent and potential.
The WNBA coaches and GMs have made more mistakes than the Boneyard coaches. Everybody knows that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The WNBA coaches and GMs have made more mistakes than the Boneyard coaches. Everybody knows that.
Well, the Boneyard coaches don't actually run a team. So technically speaking, I suppose one could argue they've made zero mistakes. Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom