Missouri @ Georgia - 1/25/18 | The Boneyard

Missouri @ Georgia - 1/25/18

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Georgia will lose this game. They have NO chance.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Thats a mighty bold statement....... I was thinking the same thing about a certain game this past Sunday..... and now you see me with a bag on my head.

Reaction Score
Would love to hear from those who know the SEC. Watching the Missouri vs Georgia game. In SEC conference it appears there is a significant drop off in talent after Mississippi State, South Carolina, and (maybe Tennessee). I am having a hard time seeing Missouri as the 11th best team in the nation? I can see Missouri & Georgia in the 20-30 range, but don't see Missouri ranked at 11. Someone set me straight.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I will take Mizzou and Georgia over any Big 10 team. They are both in the right range of 10-15. They are both better than the 4-6 place teams of the ACC. Lou, ND, FSU are better but that’s it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Meanwhile MSS getting another taste of what being one of the best means. That is, a Florida team playing out of their minds. 22-20 MSS, 4:42 in the 2nd.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Enjoy!
crow-456996_1920.jpg

Reaction Score
Missouri outrebounded GA 50-40, but Missouri had 18 turnovers to only 6 by GA, so they took 10 fewer shots than GA. Plus Missouri only shot 28% from the field.

Add it all up: Final Georgia 62 - Missouri 50.

Reaction Score
We'll see how they do against your Vols. I think they have at least a fighting chance, although I would give the odds to the Vols on talent.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I will take Mizzou and Georgia over any Big 10 team. They are both in the right range of 10-15. They are both better than the 4-6 place teams of the ACC. Lou, ND, FSU are better but that’s it.

I'd put money on Duke vs either of those two..........as long as the game was played in Cameron Indoor. UGA did play UVA early in the season..... UGA won 64-61..... in a dog fight.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Can't remember the last time Mizzou shot so poorly. But Georgia's defense had something to do with that, although Mizzou missed a lot of shots they usually hit.

As far as rankings, when Mizzou is making their shots they can play with anybody outside of the top five or six teams. Especially at home. Their wins at Cal and over South Carolina showed that. But their overall talent level and athleticism is not what the top teams have. Nor is their depth. Porter has been ill and missed her last two games, and looked weak tonight against the Georgia bigs. In all honesty though, if Georgia was more disciplined in their shot selection, the game would not have been close. (It was a one point game in the fourth quarter but when Mizzou got down six with a minute and a half to go Missouri started fouling and Georgia made their free throws down the stretch to pad their lead.) Ironically, Missouri could have come into this game undefeated, except for a hiccup in their first game and a close loss to LSU when Cunningham was injured. Yeah, 11 might have seemed high, but you can't move a team down until they lose. The losses for Mizzouri are on the horizon though, as the toughest part of the schedule - -Miss St., Tenn, Texas A&M, Kentucky -- there are some losses there. Trust me, there won't be six SEC teams in the top 16 seeds of the NCAA Tourney. The NCAA has to get some Pac 12 and Big 10 teams in there, whether they deserve it or not.

Still, outside of the top 8 or 9 teams, there are no really great teams. And yes, I believe there is less consistency among the top 25 teams than there has been in years past. And maybe even at the top. Louisville kills ND, then falls to Florida State. And ND, they're not even consistent from half to half!

But let's look at whose behind Missouri in the rankings. Ohio State? They got mauled again tonight. UCLA? Four losses, and their freak win against Baylor a night they were missing their coach can only get them so far. Michigan? Oregon State? Duke? All very flawed teams with some bad losses. The AP has Texas A&M at 15 and Georgia at 21 and I think both those teams are under ranked. (Missouri was ranked 16 in the pre-season, Georgia was unranked and picked to finish 8th in the SEC, and that probably accounts for the difference in rankings.) And we've got six teams in the Top 25 with at least five losses and less than 16 wins... a bit unusual at this point in the season. Parity at long least? Could be!

Georgia at home is a handful -- just ask Texas A&M, who beat Tennessee. They have some raw talents who are getting coached up. They can disrupt even a well-coached team's offense. Their weaknesses are their discipline, shot selection, and shooting accuracy. They've won six in a row and their only losses are to Texas and Miss State. I predict they'll roll over their next four opponents before their showdowns against Tenn and South Carolina. (They play Tenn in knoxville, but they still might have a chance.) Then they'll win the rest of their games and could finish as high as second in the SEC and grab a two or three seed in the Tourney.

Missouri finished third in the SEC last year, and they have a better team this year. But they will struggle to finish in the top five because the SEC overall is better.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was looking at the UGA schedule the other day..... they have a shot at going 26-3 in the regular season :eek:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was looking at the UGA schedule the other day..... they have a shot at going 26-3 in the regular season :eek:

Joni Taylor is a good coach, it just took her some time to get recruiting off the ground.

Mizzou plays at USC on Sunday and our fans do not like them at all. It will be a raucous crowd and I would expect a chippy game again. There is a lot of bad blood between USC and Missouri.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Win some, lose some and sometimes it rains.

Reaction Score
Joni Taylor is a good coach, it just took her some time to get recruiting off the ground.

Mizzou plays at USC on Sunday and our fans do not like them at all. It will be a raucous crowd and I would expect a chippy game again. There is a lot of bad blood between USC and Missouri.

AND IM READY!! I HAVE A FEW CHOICE WORDS FOR MS.PINGETON AND HER TIGERS :mad:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Why is that?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Rearranging my schedule to tune in.... I love me some chippiness and some bad-blood in WCBB. :cool:

Dont judge me :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom