Mississippi St @ Missouri - 2/01/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St @ Missouri - 2/01/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
There's the game, Mizzou Coach gets a Technical for coming on to the court. Miss St 4 point lead with the ball.

IMO UConn easily beats Mizzou by double digits. They're slow afoot and UConn has too many shooters.
Compare how far Staley came on the court (multiple times) in the homer game last week against Missouri and then tell me that this 'T' was deserved...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Mizzou coach gets a T at the worst possible moment this game.

Well it's tough when your team gets hosed for the second game in a row. This one being at home. I don't blame her for being pissed.

Reaction Score
I will take this one. Ugly win but still a win. Sometimes you take these and move on. Ready for SC in Starkville Sunday.

Reaction Score
So a 4 Point win on the road to a similarly ranked team as Texas. Is this similar to UCONN win at Texas? If so which game tonight was more impressive, UCONN vs SC or MS State vs Mizzou?

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
So a 4 Point win on the road to a similarly ranked team as Texas. Is this similar to UCONN win at Texas? If so which game tonight was more impressive, UCONN vs SC or MS State vs Mizzou?

Easy answer there Connecticut ‘s win over USCe was very impressive. Our win at Mizzou was just a gut it out win. We did not play well, credit to Missouri for some of that but we also missed shots and shot FT’s poorly. Tough environment as well but we found a way to win.

Officiating was a bit uneven but I don’t fault them too much. It was a very physical game and I think they generally tried to let them play which I am okay with for the most part.

Mizzou Coach made a bad mistake getting the T at the end. The referee actually got the call right. Really McCowan got pushed from behind on the rebound which was why she fell but she never had complete control of the ball.
Don’t blame the Missouri coach for being upset but that really hurt their chance to win the game.

Reaction Score
Loved watching this game tonight.... both teams play with grit.... love watching both teams.... Cunningham.... and have always been a fan of the style Vic S plays.... and Vivians fun to watch play.... SEC has some good battles

Reaction Score
Dammit Mizzou.

Hand to God, they are one of my favorite teams to watch just to see the reactions from opposing teams and coaches. It isn't even a hate watch. It's genuinely entertaining.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Mizzou is one tough team. Pingeton seems to get the most out of that roster. They don't have enough shot-makers.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
The biggest ad for Mizzou this year is consistency. The last three years they've been up and down... beat South Carolina... get blown out by IUPUI.

This year they've battled in every game and, as a fan, the close losses have been tough, with a lot of "if only's". (As in "if only Coach hadn't got the tee and Cierra had been fully recovered from the flu last night." "If only Sophie hadn't been sidelined for the LSU game.")

A top four Tourney seed is the Mizzou goal -- two home games in the NCAA Tourney. It's the next step in building the program -- along with more national recruiting efforts and successes. They can't have any missteps against the unranked teams on their schedule, and they'll need to beat Tenn or A&M or maybe both.

Pingeton is a great coach. Her X's and O's are solid and she does seem to get the most out of her players. She preaches defense like Geno, but can't be as demanding since the talent isn't four and five star. (Cunningham might still be first off the bench if she played at UConn.)

The SEC is the nation's toughest WCBB conference. Mizzou is better this year, but so is the rest of the Conference. It was encouraging to see six teams in the Top 16 reveal last night. And LSU gets better game by game so I expect half the SEC teams to be in the Top 25 by year end.

Reaction Score
The biggest ad for Mizzou this year is consistency. The last three years they've been up and down... beat South Carolina... get blown out by IUPUI.

This year they've battled in every game and, as a fan, the close losses have been tough, with a lot of "if only's". (As in "if only Coach hadn't got the tee and Cierra had been fully recovered from the flu last night." "If only Sophie hadn't been sidelined for the LSU game.")

A top four Tourney seed is the Mizzou goal -- two home games in the NCAA Tourney. It's the next step in building the program -- along with more national recruiting efforts and successes. They can't have any missteps against the unranked teams on their schedule, and they'll need to beat Tenn or A&M or maybe both.

Pingeton is a great coach. Her X's and O's are solid and she does seem to get the most out of her players. She preaches defense like Geno, but can't be as demanding since the talent isn't four and five star. (Cunningham might still be first off the bench if she played at UConn.)

The SEC is the nation's toughest WCBB conference. Mizzou is better this year, but so is the rest of the Conference. It was encouraging to see six teams in the Top 16 reveal last night. And LSU gets better game by game so I expect half the SEC teams to be in the Top 25 by year end.

Reaction Score
I disagree that she can’t be more demanding cause she doesn’t have 4-5 star talent ,you be demanding on all your players and the over achievers will raise the level of your whole team win games you shouldn’t . then get the next level recruit that wants to part of the growing process . Geno didn’t akways get 4-5 star recruits it’s because Uconn has the reputation of getting the most of their players by being demanding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom