Mississippi St (10) vs Stanford (3) - 11/30/19 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (10) vs Stanford (3) - 11/30/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Wilson and Brown were both highly rated once upon a time. Not much development from either.
Wilson missed a ton of time with injuries. She's come on and mostly played well this year, but it didn't show so much this game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How did this game end up going down to the wire?

We played the worst basketball I've seen since Missouri. And that was a loss I didn't even care that much about.
Come on now. Don't be a drama queen. MSU actually played better here than they did against Marquette.

Stanford was left without its best 3 players and only competent point guard after she got injured by MSU's "physical" play.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Vic threw his athletic defensive group in there to get that steal and they got it, just couldn't hit the three to tie. Great game.

Losing the players MSU has over the last 2 years it's nice to see they can still compete at a high level. Congrats to Stanford. Rebounding and 2nd Half shooting were the difference.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Come on now. Don't be a drama queen. MSU actually played better here than they did against Marquette.

Stanford was left without its best 3 players and only competent point guard after she got injured by MSU's "physical" play.

Well, the final score made me feel a bit better about what I saw most of the night, which was not better than how we played vs Marquette from my eyes.

Can't feel sorry for Stanford for our "physical" play though - we're trying to win a game. I really hope Williams is ok, but this is what happens when the West Coast plays the SEC.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, the final score made me feel a bit better about what I saw most of the night, which was not better than how we played vs Marquette from my eyes.

Can't feel sorry for Stanford for our "physical" play though - we're trying to win a game. I really hope Williams is ok, but this is what happens when the West Coast plays the SEC.
No, what happens when the West Coast plays the MSU is MSU loses. 3 for 3 now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wilson missed a ton of time with injuries. She's come on and mostly played well this year, but it didn't show so much this game.

She's had some bad luck, but for a former McD's AA to be averaging under 3 ppg during her career, you'd certainly expect more than that.

Looking at her career stats, she only played 6 games her Fr. year. Should be a slam dunk to get an extra year of eligibility if she wants it I would think. Or maybe Stanford is filled up on scholies for next season already. Maybe Notre Dame could take yet another grad transfer guard from Stanford.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
How did this game end up going down to the wire?

We played the worst basketball I've seen since Missouri. And that was a loss I didn't even care that much about.

We played uninspired vs an inspired Mizzou. We played hard and well at times vs a very talented Stanford team. Two completely different scenarios.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score

Right. Please don't rub it in. We were the underdog tonight, and thankfully didn't lose as badly as how it looked when Stanford was leading 50-37.

Reaction Score

One of the things about these tourneys is the back to back games. According to the Stanford radio guys, Tara was worried about Williams being worn out before tonight’s game, due to the minutes she had to play in the other two.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Come on, you have to give him MSU's demolition of UW last year.
:rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Right. Please don't rub it in. We were the underdog tonight, and thankfully didn't lose as badly as how it looked when Stanford was leading 50-37.
Actually, any oddsmaker would've billed MSU the favorite with no Carrington and Williams out the 4th quarter. Stanford is just not very good without those two.

Reaction Score
Overall great game by Stanford. I just looked at the stats and the first thing I noticed was Stanford won rebounding 51-31. However MSU had 69-61 FGA with both making 24. MSU also won turnovers 20-6. The difference in scoring was Stanford making 5 more free throws. In sum, MSU had every chance to win it but Stanford got it done.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
MSU with 7 total assists. 0 from the starting PG. That's a big difference from last year and something that has to improve.

Plebe

Reaction Score
MSU had a 3 to tie the game, if that goes in and game goes to overtime there's no way Stanford could win.

Stanford looked okay when Williams was on the court, but without her it was a veritable ****show.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Actually, any oddsmaker would've billed MSU the favorite with no Carrington and Williams out the 4th quarter. Stanford is just not very good without those two.

Well, I got the impression the majority thought Stanford was slightly better. They were #3, we were #10. Stanford is still very strong without Carrington. And Williams played most of the game.

We lost, so I got nothing more to say on the matter. Stanford is the #1 team in the nation now.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It was a dirty play that got missed by the refs. Defender shoved her off balance after she was beat on the drive. It's a shame.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
She's had some bad luck, but for a former McD's AA to be averaging under 3 ppg during her career, you'd certainly expect more than that.

Looking at her career stats, she only played 6 games her Fr. year. Should be a slam dunk to get an extra year of eligibility if she wants it I would think. Or maybe Stanford is filled up on scholies for next season already. Maybe Notre Dame could take yet another grad transfer guard from Stanford.
Stanford has an opening next year. Anna would need a wavier to get another year of eligibility because she played in the second half of the season. She had two separate injuries that limited her to only 6 games, which isn't what the injury redshirt rule contemplates.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't really say no Williams in the fourth quarter. She only missed the last 3-4 minutes.

Reaction Score
It was a dirty play that got missed by the refs. Defender shoved her off balance after she was beat on the drive. It's a shame.
It actually wasn't the drive that she was injured on, it was during a jump ball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It actually wasn't the drive that she was injured on, it was during a jump ball.
But it was the shove to the floor that led to the jump ball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I wouldn't really say no Williams in the fourth quarter. She only missed the last 3-4 minutes.
I didn't say the entire 4th quarter. Obviously, using contextual clues one can realize I meant out down the stretch in the 4th quarter when the outcome was still in question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom