Missed Opportunity | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Missed Opportunity

Reaction Score
The only people who showed up were Josh and Akok. Sid too. Everyone else took bad shots and made bad decisions.

True. If Bouk had shown up tonight we would have won easily and no one would be killing Vital and Gilbert.

Which I'm fine with by the way, freshmen and gonna freshmen. But let's be real about why we lost. Vital and Gilbert shouldn't be bearing the brunt here.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh good lord of course Ollie gets the blame as Hurley sits there for 30 mins unable to come up with any answers to settle his players down.
Stands, not sits, but yeah.
He's working on it.
I say he'll get it.
Gonna have to.
Hope so.

Reaction Score
8 Rebounds, 3 steals, 5 assists, is so impactful, but 7 turnovers and 2 for 5 from the line, as well as bad shots that = turnovers. The negative just has to be reigned in.
Not going to happen while he's at UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
True. If Bouk had shown up tonight we would have won easily and no one would be killing Vital and Gilbert.

Which I'm fine with by the way, freshmen and gonna freshmen. But let's be real about why we lost. Vital and Gilbert shouldn't be bearing the brunt here.
Adams and Bouknight went 0-5 and each had 3 turnovers with 0 assists. Adams had 3 defensive rebounds, Bouk one offensive rebound. AG had 8 assists and 3 turnovers. When he picked up his second foul there were no good options at point and Indiana went at that 18-3 run.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
CV & AG: 3/17, 11 turnovers
PS - Rare opportunity to watch a game simultaneously & thus txt w/o spoilers w/my sister.

If my phone got subpoenaed, it'd show that BOTH of CV's made shots show "Bad shot YESS!" entries.

As to AG, "This is playing out like Xavier. Gilbert & Vital 2-14.
Gilbert should be PASS FIRST point guard!"

And I wasn't a fan of AG's late game shot until it went in.

I don't have it in me to read anymore threads tonight

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
PS - Rare opportunity to watch a game simultaneously & thus txt w/o spoilers w/my sister.

If my phone got subpoenaed, it'd show that BOTH of CV's made shots show "Bad shot YESS!" entries.

You hung in quite well. Good night.

caw

Reaction Score
I will say there 3-4 of the worst entry passes I have ever seen thrown into Carleton tonight. Just mind-boggling how bad they were. That plus some lazy passes around the perimeter wasted a few possessions. The middle 20 minutes were horrible to watch for any fan. Just boring basketball.

Reaction Score
Bench bad, guards 3-18 with 10 TO's (7 Vital killed us) you don't need to look much further. Yeah DH could've done a couple things but that would have been in order to negate the BS of basketball being played by the players. Very very winnable game and will hurt us in the long run - should've been a W. They played hard always give them that but stupid never helps!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Should of beat Indiana easily. Painful to watch at times. Especially I am not a late night person for awhile now. But I hung in there for the whole game. Although CV and AG didn't show up, I am seeing excellent UConn ball. It has been years folks. We are not getting blown off the court anymore. Time to win the close ones. The defense looked good. It was the offense. There were times we shut them down 5 possessions. But we didn't take advantage. Time to bench any player who hoist a three with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. Josh is looking better and better each game.

Reaction Score
Said it it the chat. Terrible game.management by Hurley. And just an awful game by CV. Who should have been sitting on the bench most of the first half.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Went to bed at halftime and I'm watching the 2nd half now, but judging from what I've read (my mistake for logging on before finishing), UConn lost (and they did. Just ended.). Uconn wins this game if they play over the weekend. These week long layoffs are for the birds.

"Finals week! Finals week!"

I say "Bulldeuce!!" It's finals week right now. The semester ended on Friday and the weekend were study days. The NCAA Tourament, (NIT, CBI) is smack dab in the middle of Midterms. Do they dare stop adding teams and games to mid-March? I think not.

The hypocrisy (and two young kids) contribute to why I only watch UConn on the college level these days.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I agree on Gilbert being a pass first PG, but there was really no other option down 5 with 20 seconds left. No one was shooting well from range and UConn doesn't have a Bazz, Kamba, Anderson, Gordon, or Allen.

Calton was a beast. He needs to be recognized.

Reaction Score
Take off the training wheels and turn him loose for better or worse.

He looked like a deer in the headlights yesterday. If you think more time for him would have changed yesterday's result, you're delusional.

Reaction Score
so tired of vital trying to reenact his basketball fantasy every other offensive possession.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The momentum completely flipped when Akok went to the bench in the first half.

Akok doesn't get in foul trouble we win the game.

and I fell asleep after he picked up his 3rd in the 2nd half, but I saw 2-3 really weak fouls, especially that 3rd when he was 40 ft from the ball and he happened to touch his man's shoulder. WTF was that call?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom