Mir... similar to | The Boneyard

Mir... similar to

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I’m just now watching the St John’s game... and she impressed, stayed on the court with veterans in the 4th quarter

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I think we've only seen a small bag of tricks with what Mir can do. She is a really good rebounder and has no fears taking to the bigs. I cant wait to see her against Boston. She had made some outside shots too. As she matures at the college level I think we will be pleasantly surprised This freshman class is better then advertised IMO.

Reaction Score
Since we're all throwing names out, let me offer up Swin Cash. If Mir were to spend much of her time sweeping up the floor, then I would have said I agree with Tiffany Hayes.

Reaction Score
She is all SWIN. But, needs a jump shot. I really like this kid. Once she figures out where the basket is after a rebound she will be far more awesome. And, is under six feet tall. You go girl.

You just beat me to the punch on Swin, I agree there.

Reaction Score
The way she launches herself into the stratosphere, plus the way she gets in and from the nanosecond she's in she starts making things happen, she reminds me most of Gabby Williams. Mir does lots of different things, as did Gabby. And she keeps being underestimated, perhaps because she can't be classified by position. But Gabby, definitely!

Reaction Score
She may have similarities to other players but she is unique and does not fit the exact mold of anyone else in my estimation. The most essential characteristic of her game is not how high she can jump, which is impressive in its own right, but rather her timing and quickness in getting off of her feet. That is why she can rebound against taller players. She already has the ball by the time they are reaching the apex of her jump. Pretty self composed on the court for a freshman as well. Wait until her defense catches up with her other talents.

Reaction Score
I understand the need to compare a current young player with a seasoned veteran of UConn basketball and this helpful in understanding that new person on the team. However, as comments already said, Mir will grow up to be Mir and someday, folks will be commenting on a new young women who they will compare to Mir. Laughing as I type. I like to look at them all as individuals with all of their special skills and talents that they bring to the table. Someone can say that X person looks like Diana Taurasi, but I am not sure that there ever will be another Taurasi or Stewart or whomever that achieved excellence in the job that they did at UConn. But, I guess it is fun to compare. There probably will not be another Maya or a Paige.

Reaction Score
I understand the need to compare a current young player with a seasoned veteran of UConn basketball and this helpful in understanding that new person on the team. However, as comments already said, Mir will grow up to be Mir and someday, folks will be commenting on a new young women who they will compare to Mir. Laughing as I type. I like to look at them all as individuals with all of their special skills and talents that they bring to the table. Someone can say that X person looks like Diana Taurasi, but I am not sure that there ever will be another Taurasi or Stewart or whomever that achieved excellence in the job that they did at UConn. But, I guess it is fun to compare. There probably will not be another Maya or a Paige.
100 % agree. Let Mir be Mir. I think we have seen enough of Paige already to say what you said about her though. Who else at UCONN could have ever made that delayed pass to AE last night while looking the other way? Only one or two names come to mind.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mir is like a human pogo stick. I liked that she took and made a 3 against Arkansas. She slashed to the hoop against DePaul. She scored underneath last night. She seems to be taking 2 charges per game. As I said this summer, she's a good FT shooter. She's shooting 49/50/79. She reminds me most of Kalana Greene. I like Mir's developmental trend.

Reaction Score
Former Baylor player, Nina Davis, was the same size as Mir and extremely talented around the basket for that height. I have thought to myself that Mir can probably get to that efficiency level if she really wants to. She will certainly be a terror on the court with the game on the line. Love her intensity.

Reaction Score
I, too, wanted to give Mir a shout out. She's similar to Aubrey, same energy, same hops, same speed. But I think she may be a more productive offensive threat around the basket. Definitely a quality player.
Also, a tip of the cap to the ever improving Nika. Geno seems to like her and is giving her more time to grow and to contribute.

Reaction Score
The strange answer here is nobody is that similar to her. She has a pretty unique size and skills combination. Perhaps it is ironic, that if you rack your memory about prior Uconn players, the closest to being similar is her teammate Aubrey.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mir is like a human pogo stick. I liked that she took and made a 3 against Arkansas. She slashed to the hoop against DePaul. She scored underneath last night. She seems to be taking 2 charges per game. As I said this summer, she's a good FT shooter. She's shooting 49/50/79. She reminds me most of Kalana Greene. I like Mir's developmental trend.
Mir is also the best flopper I've seen at UConn in, what, 20 years or so? Maybe ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom