Mir... similar to | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mir... similar to

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Mir and Nika are the two players who have been hurt the most by the COVID-induced reduction in games. Give them each those six or seven games and they would be noticeably further along.

Reaction Score
Tiffany Hayes... or Kalana Greene? She going to be a great glue player for the Huskies. I thought Tiffany early on but now I think more like KG
I think it is much too early to conclude anything about her, though I appreciate your enthusiasm to do so. All we know is that she had a huge HS career; that UCONN recruited her; and that she is athletic. We have seen her defend and rebound well. She is barely getting enough time to show us her " game." And if you ask Mir, I bet she says " I just want to be Mir McClain."

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think it is much too early to conclude anything about her, though I appreciate your enthusiasm to do so. All we know is that she had a huge HS career; that UCONN recruited her; and that she is athletic. We have seen her defend and rebound well. She is barely getting enough time to show us her " game." And if you ask Mir, I bet she says " I just want to be Mir McClain."
Thanks for your great input ?

Reaction Score
Mir McLean
Get her 20+ minutes tonight. Then we'll talk. I bet she gets #'s.

Reaction Score
1613163955893.png
But I love her!!!!

Reaction Score
Mir McLean
Get her 20+ minutes tonight. Then we'll talk. I bet she gets #'s.
She didn't get 20+ but she got more than 10. Showed speed , athleticism and not much more. Not yet.

Reaction Score
Although probably can't jump as high, definitely Gabby-like rebounder and that is where Geno has her camp out. Turner was stronger.

Reaction Score
She didn't get 20+ but she got more than 10. Showed speed , athleticism and not much more. Not yet.
I hear you! I've been a huge AG fan for her two years. I'm one always calling for her to get more playing time. She consistently impacts the game as Geno says and it translates to stats, like rebounds and steals and she gets to the basket when she's in there.
I root for Mir big time, but she doesn't always impact the game. Last night she didn't. She got the ball at the block with the defender on her back and she passed back out. If she's not going to deal on the block, where is she going to deal. She's undersized for the attributes we've seen so far.
If she can actually shoot, 12 feet and out, all bets are off.
If she can press in the open court, and Geno starts to press, all bets are off. Until then, I'm not seeing it. I'm rooting for her though.

Reaction Score
I hear you! I've been a huge AG fan for her two years. I'm one always calling for her to get more playing time. She consistently impacts the game as Geno says and it translates to stats, like rebounds and steals and she gets to the basket when she's in there.
I root for Mir big time, but she doesn't always impact the game. Last night she didn't. She got the ball at the block with the defender on her back and she passed back out. If she's not going to deal on the block, where is she going to deal. She's undersized for the attributes we've seen so far.
If she can actually shoot, 12 feet and out, all bets are off.
If she can press in the open court, and Geno starts to press, all bets are off. Until then, I'm not seeing it. I'm rooting for her though.
I am much the same. Big Griffen fan and want to see Mir emerge. However, I think we must be realistic. Aubrey has shown an increased willingness ( barely ) to shoot from outside this season. She has had limited success, and that has worked against her confidence. She certainly does not have the look a shooter. I think Mir took one shot from about 12 feet a few games ago, and converted it. But it was a " flat-footed" shot. That was her last attempt. Olivia also tends to launch her shots without any movement, other than her arms. As a result, none of these
three ( so far ) have dependable accuracy. And opponents know it. If they would just watch films of Paige, they would see a co-ordinated and smooth body flow with every jump shot she swishes. It amazes me that kids could play so many years, and watch so much basketball to this point, and not get the rhythm needed to assure shots. I wonder if Mir was not a shooter in HS....just a person who scored lay-ups and off put backs from kids who were not as quick. I really hope she has a bigger game. But, the fact that she seems to be getting less time suggests that she is not showing much, other than what we have seen: make a disturbance, give or create fouls, and rebound..... usually, losing the ball in the process, or throwing it up into the ether, hoping to find that orange rim.

Reaction Score
I am much the same. Big Griffen fan and want to see Mir emerge. However, I think we must be realistic. Aubrey has shown an increased willingness ( barely ) to shoot from outside this season. She has had limited success, and that has worked against her confidence. She certainly does not have the look a shooter. I think Mir took one shot from about 12 feet a few games ago, and converted it. But it was a " flat-footed" shot. That was her last attempt. Olivia also tends to launch her shots without any movement, other than her arms. As a result, none of these
three ( so far ) have dependable accuracy. And opponents know it. If they would just watch films of Paige, they would see a co-ordinated and smooth body flow with every jump shot she swishes. It amazes me that kids could play so many years, and watch so much basketball to this point, and not get the rhythm needed to assure shots. I wonder if Mir was not a shooter in HS....just a person who scored lay-ups and off put backs from kids who were not as quick. I really hope she has a bigger game. But, the fact that she seems to be getting less time suggests that she is not showing much, other than what we have seen: make a disturbance, give or create fouls, and rebound..... usually, losing the ball in the process, or throwing it up into the ether, hoping to find that orange rim.
Good job. I agree with you lumping the 3 of them together.
For all the genius of Geno, I'm not sure he teaches what a good shot is. Analogy: that time out situation with Arkansas. Sounded a bit wishy-washy. In that case, IMO it had to be definitive. Do this, then we'll do this...
Same with shooting. You can see Liv trying to decide when it's appropriate for her to shoot from the top. In interviews, Geno intimates that he's ok with her shooting from there, but at a certain point in the shot clock. Centers can't compute that stuff. Not in their DNA.
I love this team and I'm glued to the set to see what they will do next, but IMO except for Paige, no one seems to know what a good shot for them is.
Hey ladies, "ever heard of having no conscience.... if you're open at your spot, shoot it with conviction and confidence....".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom