Mir in transfer portal | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Mir in transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You're taking the post too literal though that's the quote Geno made. OFC he exaggerates but the point was that she had flaws and she as number 2. SO ofc Mir has flaws too.. And look at number 1 recruit CWill, she has flaws and is not the super player you'd expect though she is very good. As is Evina at number 2. And Dangerfield as number 3.

The point about MoJeff was that just because a player is a high recruit not named Maya etc then you can't say that player is a lock to be great. Just being a number 2 recruit doesn't ensure that. That's what I was responding to.
No the point is Jefferson and Coombs were being compared. Even coming into college, there was no comparison.

Reaction Score
It always kills me when I hear variations of “He never gave her a chance”, “She only played garbage minutes! How could he judge her on that?” Let’s not forget, he sees them everyday in practice! Now you may argue that practice is different from games. That’s certainly true but that doesn’t invalidate what he sees in practice. He has consistently said that players earn their minutes in practice! Now it becomes an argument between a position that game play is the only fair way to evaluate a player vs Geno’s belief that practice is where players earn their minutes. I’m with Geno on this one.

Even with Geno, Tara, Dawn, etc, recruiting is an inexact science. It seems to me that in both Aubrey’s and Muir’s cases, he was trying to score another Gabby. However, neither of these young ladies were able (the jury is still out on Aubrey) to acquire enough skills beyond their athleticism to reach (or even approach) Gabby’s level. I guess this reinforces just how rare and special, Gabby really was for us. Wishing Mir all the best, I think she can be a star if she finds the right program. Still pulling for Aubrey, who has it all except for the offense, and looking forward to Ayanna, who has perhaps the best chance Imo to become a bigger, stronger Gabby if she continues to develop her game for next year.
Quoting my post implies the first sentence in the response to it is somewhat relevant

It is not.

HENCE my second paragraph (indeed the second word) begins with "Unless those on here..."

"He never gave her a chance" That's the takeaway?!? Goodness me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom