Minutes Per Game Predictions | The Boneyard

Minutes Per Game Predictions

Reaction Score
Now that the 2019 roster is finalized how do you guys think the minutes shake out?

Here is my prediction...

Gilbert - 29
CV - 27
Carlton - 26
Polley - 25
Akok - 22
Sid - 20
Bouk - 20
Gaffney - 10
B Adams - 9
Springs - 7
Whaley - 5

Reaction Score
First ball handler off the bench will get more than 10 mins, and CV and AG will get about 32 mins each. Other than that pretty much agree.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Here is my prediction. My guess is that somebody here will earn more or less in that 20-18 minute range. That’s the heavy area of competition. Any of those guys could earn more or less time. It’s also possible CV could lose minutes late in the year to Bouk and Gaffney.

Gilbert - 32
Carlton - 26
CV - 24
Akok - 20
Sid - 20
Bouk - 20
Gaffney - 18
Polley - 18
B Adams - 11
Springs - 6
Whaley - 5

pj

Reaction Score
Now that the 2019 roster is finalized how do you guys think the minutes shake out?

Here is my prediction...

Gilbert - 29
CV - 27
Carlton - 26
Polley - 25
Akok - 22
Sid - 20
Bouk - 20
Gaffney - 10
B Adams - 9
Springs - 7
Whaley - 5

I think you are overestimating Polley and Sid, and underestimating Akok, Bouk, Gaffney, and Springs. The young guys are a-coming.

Reaction Score
gilbert (30)--gaffney (16)
vital (30)----adams (8)
bouk (24)---wilson (12)
akok (22)---polley (18)
carlton (28)-springs/whaley (12)

pj

Reaction Score
I think B Adams is going to be a Big surprise next season.

B Adams may move past Sid at the 3, but Bouknight will move past both.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm a chronic Whaley cheerleader and hope he can average double digit minutes this season. It's going to be a factor of how well he manages to stay out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Starters

AG - 30 mpg - barring injury, this is a mortal lock
Bouknight - 25 mpg - Bullish on his immediate contributions
CV - 25 mpg - If he buys in and plays his role, 30 mpg is attainable cuz he's a warrior. If not, DH will play the pups

Akok - 20 mpg - If he is as good as advertised, he chases Polley to the bench
Carlton - 25 mpg - Will play as many minutes as fouls allow. Probably settles around here

Bench -

First Big - Whaley - 15 - Call me crazy but I really think he carves a role with rebounding and D this year
First Guard - Gaffney - 15 - 2nd ball handler to give AG a break, and some 3 guard lineups w/ JB and AG
Versatile Subs - Wilson & Polley - 25 - Depending on need, they will be interchangeable.
End of Bench - Brendan Adams & Richie Springs - 10 - sparse depending on blowout/fouls, etc

Reaction Score

Here is my prediction...

Gilbert - 29
CV - 27
Carlton - 26
Polley - 25
Akok - 22
Sid - 20
Bouk - 20
Gaffney - 10
B Adams - 9
Springs - 7
Whaley - 5
Springs/Whaley could be an interesting battle for minutes.
Keeping a 5 on the floor for 26 minutes is optimum. So a few more minutes might be available .
If Carlton gets 2 quick ones there could be 10-12 minutes in the first half
I can’t wait to see the 3/4 rotation
I can only imagine who will play where and for how long.
It’s shaping up as very interesting.year.
Probably our most potentially talented group since 2015-16 maybe even more. PG scares me a tad. But I like our depth everywhere else .

Reaction Score

Here is my prediction...

Gilbert - 29
CV - 27
Carlton - 26
Polley - 25
Akok - 22
Sid - 20
Bouk - 20
Gaffney - 10
B Adams - 9
Springs - 7
Whaley - 5
I think Akok gets more minutes than Polley, or at least I hope he’s good enough where that’s the case

Reaction Score
Gilbert: 32
Gaffney: 14
Adams: 10
Vital: 28
Bouknight: 18
Wilson: 14
Polley: 17
Akok: 23
Whaley: 13
Springs: 6
Carlton: 25

Reaction Score
Not sure the minutes but I am excited for the answer to these 3 things-

1. Akok, Bouknight, Gaffney, and Springs are the first core group of Hurley guys evaluated and identified by this staff to be the first foundation of their tenure. How will they do? How is their skill level? Most important thing heading into the season because it will tell us if the staff is the real deal or not.

2. Can Gilbert last a full season and be an all conference type player? Can he make a jump in consistency? Make better decisions? Protect his body on the court?

3. Will Carlton and Polley make a jump in their 3rd year? Carlton won most improved last year. He needs to continue that trend and be more consistent. Polley hit some big 3's and would have games where he couldn't buy a shot. Can he be a consistent 3 point dagger shooter?

There's been a lot of debate about Whaley vs Springs but I doubt the season will hinge on either. We know what we will get from Vital. A guy that will play hard, take some shots that drive us crazy that will either go in or be like having a turnover and end up with like 15-18 points during it all. Total question marks are Adams and Wilson. Adams dropped off pretty big late last year after a promising start. I hope that was more due to the Jalen/AG injuries and just being overwhelmed and asked to do too much. Hurley did recruit him at URI and bring him to Storrs so he must like something. Hurley just doesn't strike me as being too high on Sid. Just a vibe I get.

Starters- Gilbert, Vital, Carlton, Akok, Polley

Big minutes off bench- Bouknight and Gaffney

Will get some minutes, still a question mark how much- Wilson and Adams

Emergency depth when frontcourt gets foul trouble or an injury- Whaley and Springs

Reaction Score
How big were Hurley’s rotations at URI?

Ideally, it was 10 guys getting double digit minutes and no one averaging more than 30-32.

I’d be surprised if Springs gives them a bunch of minutes this season, but he’ll have the chance to earn them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ideally, it was 10 guys getting double digit minutes and no one averaging more than 30-32.

I’d be surprised if Springs gives them a bunch of minutes this season, but he’ll have the chance to earn them.

Yeah, Hurley's style impacted my numbers. Al may be around 30 but I don't think anybody else will. He wants maximum effort on the defensive end, and to run, which requires a deep bench and frequent rotations. I gave Carlton the second most minutes solely because he has by far the biggest gap between him and his backup.

Reaction Score
Very difficult to have an 11 man rotation (in real games, not NJIT). 8-9 man rotation is ideal. there will be a battle for minutes. That's a good thing. The real benefit is raising the talent level and competitiveness at practices!!

Reaction Score
Whaley has size and skills ( great at putbacks) so if he is as strong as he looks he could be first off the bench for Carlton. Can he defend? I know Akok has the height but I just don’t see how at his frame how he can absorb punishment from opposing bigs down low, and I worry about him being injured. Wilson cannot defend, and Polley is on the perimeter to bang out 3’s. We need Whaley 20+ minutes per game.

Reaction Score
I think Polley has a larger minute load to start the year, but by conference play I see bouknight overtaking him in minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure where everyone is so sure Tyler Polley won't make that jump this year? Everyone rooting against him and not believing in him. He wasn't all that bad last year actually and can make shots. Minus a lull for about 6-7 games he shot well over 40 for the year, was gold at times. I know I know he has to rebound I get that, it is a must. And defend better, although many are off on "how bad" he was he proved he can guard.

Hey I'm not saying he will make that jump I'm just amazed with those saying "I hope Akok is better", "Bouk will take his minutes eventually"....maybe he is good enough to play at the same time as these guys?

Never know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom