Minutes next season | The Boneyard

Minutes next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I always enjoy these threads. The "who will be the starters" always follows.

10 players (with the walk on). 200 available minutes.

20 minutes a player? Too easy.

Here is my guess.

KML - 27
Stewart - 26
Hartley - 25
Dolson - 24
Jefferson - 21
Tuck - 21
Banks - 20
Stokes - 16
Chong - 14
Pope - 6

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
KML - 27
Stewart - 26
Hartley - 25
Dolson - 24
Jefferson - 21
Tuck - 21
Banks - 20
Stokes - 16
Chong - 14
Pope - 6
Are those your starters?
KML
Stewart
Hartley
Dolson
Jefferson

I would agree.

Reaction Score
Looks about right to me. Maybe some tweaks around the margins, like more for Chong if she turns out to be special later in the year. Jefferson might surprise with even more than 21 if she continues to grow into her role at point. Banks maybe less if the injury takes more time from her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
FWIW, just my guess, I see a bit more minutes for Jefferson. Aside from Pope, she's the only true PG on the team. Sure Bria did a fantastic job in the NCAA's, but I THINK maybe Geno really prefers Bria to play more off the ball. I would guess Moriah gets a lion's share at the 1, and then Breanna Banks gets most of the rest of the minutes as she showed she's a pretty competent PG this past year.

I'd probably bump up Moriah to 25 or 26 and ... well i'm not sure who i'd take minutes from. Probably Stokes and Chong. And maybe Dolson. A lot depends on her P.F. There's no cure for it and the best she can do is manage it. We saw how it devastated Morgan's career. I'm hoping Stef fares much better. Also maybe less minutes for Banks. I know I said I thought she'd be the backup PG to Moriah, but she was still limping on her leg at the end of the season and even with a great summer of rehab, I'm not sure she will be ready to go 100% much before Christmas...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting - my guess:
Banks come in with fewer minutes (16) because for at least half the year she is going to be limited by the staff/trainers.
Dolson as long as she doesn't have medical issues will be in the top range say 27. She is our 'point' center and the offense just clicks better when she is on the court.
Jefferson - a few more minutes - see Banks for the reason. (24
Chong about right - see Banks as well
Pope - maybe a little high. Really do not have a handle on her skill set, but I put her as the Heather of this team - the players whose appearance signals the end of Geno's interest in the game.
Just did the count:
5 guards accounting for 80 minutes
5 'others' accounting for 120 minutes
Except if Geno goes BIG and plays KML as a guard or goes SMALL and plays KML at the 4.

Reaction Score
DD: If the minutes are distributed as evenly as you suggest (and I certainly think they should be), I'll be delighted. (Oooooof: JUST here got a long distance phone call ....San Diego...daughter of a Jr high and high school basketball teammate of mine saying Jim passed away. What a man. Combined the toughness of a Navy combat jet fighter pilot with a sweetness seen in few. He was one of the four terrific players on our Philly Suburban I Championship team, where I tagged along as the "fifth (and worst by far) man." Same guys that took those five of five from Wilt's team in the summer league (Wilt's Kansas team did beat Jim's Miami team in college though). Jim used to thump me good at our basement ping pong table. Think I beat him once or maybe twice over the years....and I think he let me do it! A tip and a removal of the cap in honor of a dear friend and a decorated service man. God bless him and tend to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom