Minnesotans to watch | The Boneyard

Minnesotans to watch

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Ayoka Lee is from Minnesota. If she returns to pre injury form she certainly should make the first team. I would probably have Jenna Johnson on the first team as well.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize Ayoka Lee is from Minnesota. If she returns to pre injury form she certainly should make the first team. I would probably have Jenna Johnson on the first team as well.

I'd have put her 1st team "Minnesota" for sure. She averaged 22 pts and 10 rb per game on a gimpy knee in 2021-22. No way she isn't as good this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tessa Johnson has done nothing to earn "next five" status. I hope she does, but its hard to put a player there when she hasn't played a second of college ball. Right now, she's number ten on the depth chart at SCar. I doubt she'll see many first week minutes in action against Notre Dame or Maryland.

I love her as a Gamecock but I just can't see her in the same grouping with Ayoka Lee.

Reaction Score
Tessa Johnson has done nothing to earn "next five" status. I hope she does, but its hard to put a player there when she hasn't played a second of college ball. Right now, she's number ten on the depth chart at SCar. I doubt she'll see many first week minutes in action against Notre Dame or Maryland.

I love her as a Gamecock but I just can't see her in the same grouping with Ayoka Lee.

It's more a list for us that live here in Minnesota. Coming off a Miss Basketball here she has the name recognition. Plus, if you did a 10 player roster of native Minnesotans, won't you "draft" her for your team over the ten listed as "other"?

Agree with the Lee comment but that's because Lee should be in the first group. ;) Yeah, I am kind of Lee fan after watching her play through those knee issues and somehow still be the force she is in the paint.

Reaction Score
It's more a list for us that live here in Minnesota. Coming off a Miss Basketball here she has the name recognition. Plus, if you did a 10 player roster of native Minnesotans, won't you "draft" her for your team over the ten listed as "other"?

Agree with the Lee comment but that's because Lee should be in the first group. ;) Yeah, I am kind of Lee fan after watching her play through those knee issues and somehow still be the force she is in the paint.
I’m a big Lee fan too!. If her recovery is 100% she can be top 10 in the nation - not just Minnesota.

Reaction Score
Tessa had a very good game today against Maryland. Entered a tight game in the 2 d quarter and sparked us to a decent halftime lead. Ended with 12 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists in 18 minutes. To me, she was the player of the game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Add Nunu Agara to the list. Looked good today in Stanford's big win over Indiana.

Reaction Score
Tessa had a very good game today against Maryland. Entered a tight game in the 2 d quarter and sparked us to a decent halftime lead. Ended with 12 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists in 18 minutes. To me, she was the player of the game.
Add Nunu Agara to the list. Looked good today in Stanford's big win over Indiana.
With Paige, Tessa and Nunu all looking great today, it's a sad reminder for Big Ten fans who wish that Big Ten country didn't constantly export its best local high school players to the elite national programs and other conferences. Caitlin Clark is the rare elite Big Ten-area recruit who chose a Big Ten school. Olivia Olson to Michigan and Britt Prince to Nebraska are promising signs for the Big Ten, and Mara Braun is a really promising Gopher. But for the Big Ten to sustain its recent improvement, the Big Ten needs to recruit better, including its elite local high school players. The traditional Big Ten schools also need to up their recruiting games if they don't want to get run over by UCLA and USC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom