Minneapolis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Minneapolis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about a club in the US called Football Union Qatar. Initializing the first two words sends a nice message in my opinion. ;)

If you're I to kidnapping and slavery, this is the club for you!

Reaction Score
If you're I to kidnapping and slavery, this is the club for you!

I was at a meeting yesterday with a multinational health insurance company based near Philly and we were looking at health and disability claims trends globally. We were surprised for a second that the claims trend in Qatar has been flat or even declining in light of all of the construction going on there. Even in neighboring UAE, the trend is up a bit. A VP with the insurer just blurted out something along the lines of - 'what do they do when a worker gets sick or injured on the job, push the guy off the nearest ledge?' We all looked at each other and did not say a word.

Reaction Score
I was at a meeting yesterday with a multinational health insurance company based near Philly and we were looking at health and disability claims trends globally. We were surprised for a second that the claims trend in Qatar has been flat or even declining in light of all of the construction going on there. Even in neighboring UAE, the trend is up a bit. A VP with the insurer just blurted out something along the lines of - 'what do they do when a worker gets sick or injured on the job, push the guy off the nearest ledge?' We all looked at each other and did not say a word.

Amazing that we just accept this. Qatar and the Middle East are a human rights abomination.

Reaction Score
Amazing that we just accept this. Qatar and the Middle East are a human rights abomination.

Of course. American and other high-end expat countries who make-up the management and executive leadership of these companies are treated very well. Check, with Cornell, Cleveland Clinc and other major US and European hospitals setting-up shop in the Gulf States, medical care for certain populations is very good in the region. On the other hand, healthcare for the migrant workers from India, Philippines, Pakistan, etc. is for the most part non-existant.

Reaction Score
Hah, Qatar. And, Russia is all which epitomizes ethical. Seriously, FIFA makes both nations almost as pure and innocent as a newborn child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom