Mimi is next? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mimi is next?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Isn't Sidney Cooks available and much more talented?
Cooks is available and probably more talented. If UConn were to land her it would certainly be cause for celebration. But I like Collins better for several reasons:
  • There is a much better chance that Collins will be immediately eligible while Cooks will likely sit out a year.
  • Collins has 3 years of eligibility vs Cooks 2.
  • Cooks game is pretty much what it is, while Collins has more potential to develop (sophomore leap)
  • I’m wary of Cooks health. While she played in every one of MSU’s games, she only started 8. Her PT was limited all season by Achilles heel tendinitis. While I’m sure she will rehab during the off-season, heel inflammation can be a chronic situation and Stewie’s injury gives me pause relative to Cooks.

Reaction Score
Cooks is available and probably more talented. If UConn were to land her it would certainly be cause for celebration. But I like Collins better for several reasons:
  • There is a much better chance that Collins will be immediately eligible while Cooks will likely sit out a year.
  • Collins has 3 years of eligibility vs Cooks 2.
  • Cooks game is pretty much what it is, while Collins has more potential to develop (sophomore leap)
  • I’m wary of Cooks health. While she played in every one of MSU’s games, she only started 8. Her PT was limited all season by Achilles heel tendinitis. While I’m sure she will rehab during the off-season, heel inflammation can be a chronic situation and Stewie’s injury gives me pause relative to Cooks.

Cooks is one year older than Collins, I don't know if Collins has that much more upside just because of that. If anything, Cooks is taller and longer and those type of kids take more time to grow into their body. Who knows, a redshirt year where Cooks can add on 10-15 pounds of muscle could be a game changer at her height. Collins is more ready made in that she came into college already pretty physically strong. Cooks skill set is very interesting, she shoots it well, she can put the ball on the floor, she can block shots and run well.

And given the time it takes for players to learn Geno's system, maybe the redshirt year will only help her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom