Mimi is next? | The Boneyard

Mimi is next?

Reaction Score
If Mimi were to land at UConn she would probably take a bench role for the next 3 years, I don’t see her at UConn, but you never know.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At this point figuring out minutes for another player is tough. The only spot we really have an reasonable path for PT is at center behind ONO. Collins is a decent fit, especially if Camara still isn't 100%.

Reaction Score
You tell us your the one that keeps telling us your friends with her father
Reached out but no response. More friends with the Uncle. Father is 3 years younger and havent seen "Tank" in years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Recruiting classes are like pinatas: you never know exactly what you have until you break them open. I remember no so long ago when UConn's freshman class brought the number of guards on the roster to 8. What was Geno to do with so many? How would playing time be divided? The least regarded in that class was a Canadian named Kia Nurse. Another was a bouncy, undersized guard, Gabby Williams. Several members of that class fell away with attrition. But Kia became an almost instant and indispensable starter and Geno got the genius idea of converting Gabby to small forward because the Huskies lacked height. I expect a similar winnowing process this time around, and Coach is preparing his Kia Nurse Hockey Stick to break open the piñata we are now presented with. What lies within? (Only Lamont Cranston knows.)

Reaction Score
Collins qould not be a bench player. She would make a great bridge between Walker at 6' and ONO at 6'4". She can play the 4 or the 5.

I have watched quite a few of Tennessee's games this year, and as with any freshman, Collins got better and better as the year went on. I don't think she will ever be a superstar, but she is/will be a solid player in the post, that can step out and knock down a jump shot, and put up solid numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was watched quite a few of Tennessee's games this year, and as with any freshman, Collins got better and better as the year went on. I don't think she will ever be a superstar, but she is/will be a solid player in the post that can step and knock down a jump shot and put up solid numbers.
I really think she would grow as a player under CD. Slim chance we get her but one can only hope.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have no idea if there is any chance that Collins would transfer to UConn. But if it were to happen, it’s hard to imagine a more horrifying situation for LV fans. Two of their best returning players transfer to a hated rival, possibly become immediately eligible, come back to play against them in the renewal of a home & home series after a 13 year moratorium when the series ended on very bad terms and UConn most likely kicks their tails in both games.

The only thing that could possibly be worse for LV fans would be if Geno recorded his rendition of “Rocky Top” and it went to #1 on Billboard’s C&W chart. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Collins qould not be a bench player. She would make a great bridge between Walker at 6' and ONO at 6'4". She can play the 4 or the 5.

So if Dangerfield , Westbrook, Williams, Walker and Liv are the starting 5 this year, Mimi would be asked to come off the bench. In 2020 four of the same starting five will be back, only you insert Paige in at the point guard spot, I don’t see Mimi starting.

Reaction Score
Recruiting classes are like pinatas: you never know exactly what you have until you break them open. I remember no so long ago when UConn's freshman class brought the number of guards on the roster to 8. What was Geno to do with so many? How would playing time be divided? The least regarded in that class was a Canadian named Kia Nurse. Another was a bouncy, undersized guard, Gabby Williams. Several members of that class fell away with attrition. But Kia became an almost instant and indispensable starter and Geno got the genius idea of converting Gabby to small forward because the Huskies lacked height. I expect a similar winnowing process this time around, and Coach is preparing his Kia Nurse Hockey Stick to break open the piñata we are now presented with. What lies within? (Only Lamont Cranston knows.)
I thought it was a box of Chocolates! Whose the Kia, whose the Gabby with the new arrivals?

Reaction Score
If Mimi were to land at UConn she would probably take a bench role for the next 3 years, I don’t see her at UConn, but you never know.
Well, let’s see.... a 6’3” Forward, former MacDonald’s All American, Naismith All America First Team (2018) a Lady Vols freshman that scored in double figures 8 times and had 5, or more, rebounds in 11 games. Started the last 4 games of the season averaging 9 points and 2.3 rebounds. I don’t know.....I might consider taking her ......if she favored UConn.

Reaction Score
Seems like Collins is interested in Maryland and Oregon. Especially since she recently followed the entire Maryland coaching staff on Instagram
Her high school teammate Owusu is going to MD....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Mimi goes to Maryland, she'll play behind Shakira Austin. Or possibly with her.

Yes, players from Maryland often play for Brenda.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Mimi goes to Maryland, she'll play behind Shakira Austin. Or possibly with her.

Yes, players from Maryland often play for Brenda.
Collins has a very nice upside. She’s only a freshman and really developed well over the course of the season. She will be a solid addition to whichever program she ends up at.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see her at UConn. I was just trying to provide information as to why she might be considering MD.
Don’t mind me. I’m just having some fun.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
IMO is we can get Mimi, we kill 2 birds with one stone: we get a post player with P5 experience AND we get to watch more heads explode over on VolNation.
As I have said, I got a chance to watch Collins in person against UCLA at Maryland in the 1st round and she really impressed me with her hustle, movement and passing. Her intensity was great and she played under control. My gut tells me she’s headed to Maryland maybe Meg and Evina can work their magic

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom